[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
I just smoked my first 3 cigarettes arcanine, I used a filter (pic related), and it was pretty cool
they were mayfair king sized, and I used a disposable lighter.

It was pretty cool, and I feel relaxed and light headed.

To those of you who actually smoke, what was your first cigarette like?

Smoking seems like the ultimate robot hobby, normies need not reply to tell me that it'll kill me, as I'm the only one who's going to kill me

rate
>>
welcome to the 6th grade you edgy little fag
>>
>>29234946
I don't plan to make it a habit broski, I also drink occasionally, is that edgy too?

(I'm a fag who can only drink cider, beer doesn't taste nice to me :^)
>>
>>29234916
>what was your first cigarette like

Like shit that makes your saliva disgusting like acid. Never again, you fucking normie, pretending to like this shit just for validation.

GET OUT
>>
File: ancientstatue.jpg (413 KB, 669x1080) Image search: [Google]
ancientstatue.jpg
413 KB, 669x1080
>>29235023
hey, they were very easy to smoke, I read online to take it into your mouth, and then into your lungs. Are you sure you're not just a fucking pleb?
>>
I always take up smoking for a few weeks when I start at a new job. It's pretty relaxing, and a great excuse to take a nice 5-10 minute break whenever I want one. I feel like the smoke smell helps to disguise any other personal smells I might have, too.
>>
I went straight to flavored cigarillos.
Tasted nice, nobody told me I wasn't supposed to inhale so when I finished I puked my guts out.
>>
>>29234916
smoke weed instead. not gonna say its healthier, but in moderation it will enrich your life a great deal.
>>
>>29234916
When I was eight my mom bought a pack of cigarettes and forced me and my sister to give It a try. It imediatly made feel sick and I even threw up a little with all the coughing.
Very questionable parenting I know, but my mom and dad used to be compulsive smokers and they didn't want their kids to turn out like then so my mom thought It was a good idea to traumatize us very early on. I mean It worked since I'm not a smoker (though I do smoke weed sometimes), so I'm not resenting her for doing this.
>>
>>29235279
>personal smells
What does this mean? Like BO? Wear deodorant. Mitchums brand deoderant is strong as fuck if you're very sweaty.
>>
actually deciding later in life to "take up" smoking as a hobby. You actually sat there on your own and had your first? I'm glad I was normal and was offered my first one from friends as a teen.

doesn't even sound like you're even inhaling right if you had three and feel good.

I enjoy a smoke, and its not hard to do it without becoming addicted but you just have to set limits such as only when drinking.
>>
>>29235456
I'm nose blind and kids always used to call me stinky in school. So now I'm kind of paranoid about whether people can smell me and especially when I'm new at a job I don't want to come off as unhygienic or unprofessional.
>>
>>29235603
you think people enjoy the smell of smoke? and smoke plus BO or stale unwashed lothing is the worst.. its not hard to not smell. I can smell fine and I don't ever notice bad smells of myself because I keep clean. I'm sure you're fine. and yeah mitchum is best
>>
File: hmm.jpg (130 KB, 432x768) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
130 KB, 432x768
>>29235431
I actually smoked my first joint yesterday too btw

It felt like I was in a dream, and I was also retarded. Not as fun desu

How would you recommend I smoke weed?
>>29235459
I felt good after the first one
I decided that I was going to try smoking, on my own. Is that bad?
by the way, gb2 reddit if you want to be a "normal" person
>>
>>29235814
I smoke from a bong. Best way in my opinion. I recommend listening to music while you smoke. Sometimes I get high just to listen to music, it's a lot better that way.
>>
>>29234916
>Putting filters on your cigarettes
You might as well be vaping.
>>
>>29235814
Smoking weed alone then watching your favorite tv shows/movies or playing some vidya is comfy as fuck. There's really no reason to smoke in public or with friends, too much stress and risk for something to go wrong.
>>
>>29236238
I didn't know that was a thing and im a longtime smoker. aren't the attached filters enough.

what do these even do?
>>
>>29236301
I've never seen anyone using a filter like that in public. Supposedly they're supposed to filter out even more tar and make inhaling less harsh.

Putting a filter on a filtered cigarette? I don't get it.
>>
>>29236288
You have the wrong "friends"... Or you faggots don't know where( or even how) to actually chill out.
>>
>>29236367
what bullshit. Either smoke properly or don't bother

I wondered how he came in as a newb, chain smoked three and still felt good.
>>
File: 1465414052647.gif (954 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1465414052647.gif
954 KB, 400x225
>>29235814
>tfw first joint

How many you had? 1? Or multiple spread over a few hours?
>>
>>29235228
>I read online

What? You didn't tell your friends it was your first time? Or you did it alone?
>>
>>29236301
>>29236367
they're not actually filters, since they don't actually filter anything. a better name for them would be a mouth piece, but people call them filters for some reason. if you look at them there is a totally open passageway for the smoke to go through.

I don't why anyone would use one. I guess it looks more aristocratic or something? people used to smoke with them back in the day before actual filters were a thing, I guess so they wouldn't burn their fingertips as the fag got shorter.
>>
>>29236481
well they look autistic as fuck. worse than a vape. Smoking is something that actually looks sort of cool in itself too
>>
i really like smoking but it's so hard to actually get away with for me
i live with my parents and i don't want them to know because they'd be really intolerant so i can't smoke anywhere around the house, and i'm not going to smoke in my car either
and since i don't ever go anywhere, there's never a time or place to smoke

maybe one day i'll have my own place and i can step outside on the porch in the morning and have a cigarette
that sounds comfy
>>
File: uprising.jpg (174 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
uprising.jpg
174 KB, 1280x853
>>29236238
nice meme lad. Is it not manly to have tar in your mouth?
>>>>reddit
>>29236301
they reduce the tar you inhale, and maybe protect you from burning your fingers
>>29236367
I was able to see that there was tar when I cleaned the filter, they work
>>29236414
the first one felt good, so I had two more. There was a nice tingle on my tongue and I felt relaxed. Maybe the joint I smoked last night had an effect on my throat
>>29236423
I shared two, the strain was sativa. I really did feel like I was in a dream. Then I slept for like 15 hours
>>29236453
Real robots are anti-social smokers, and they don't really smoke, and they're not really my friends
>>29236481
In part I did like the meme-look, but I do have concerns about health. I did only buy it as a father's day present though, as my dad has taken up smoking again.
>>29236500
http://www.targard.com/permanent-cigarette-filters
this is the one I used
You're concerned about looking autistic?
where do you think you are?
>>
>>29236720
Where the hell do you even get weed, anon? I wanna try out weed because it sounds pretty cool but I don't have normie friends so I don't know where to get any.
>>
>>29236895
trade vodka for it with my underage dealer )))
if you don't know anyone, try walking around a shitty area, and you might be offered some. What country are you in?
>>
>>29236975
in the eastern europe area
>>
>>29234916
my first cigarette was awful it made me dizzy i never tried it again

now a day i vape but its so mild compared to a cigarette
>>
>>29236986
I'm in the uk, where weed is pretty much legal. I don't know if I can help you, sorry. Try the darkweb if you can
>>
>>29234916
>first cigarette
My normie acquaintances gave me a marlboro red when i was sick. my throat burned like hell because of it. I smoked a couple more that day and liked it.
I smoke every few days just for the nic buzz and taste nowadays
Also i like vaping because it's cheap as dirt and a good way to contain my assburgers
>>
>>29237144
man up fgt

t. op
>>
>>29236543

ever thought of taking a walk?
>>
>>29234976
>>29235228
Please for your own sake stop. I started smoking every once in a while and it became a habit within a year. Trying to quit now because I'm constantly coughing and have a pain in my chest. Also my teeth gum started growing away.
>>
>>29238887
RIP in peace anon
I don't want to get addicted, should I just finish off the packet?
>>
That buzz goes away, and pretty soon you'll be spending a bunch of money on fucking nothing.

Never mind dying, you're literally paying for fucking nothing.
>>
>Smoking seems like the ultimate robot hobby

Cigarettes are the most normie form of tobacco, come back when you're doing snuff or snus

Plus I really wouldn't consider smoking a hobby, maybe pipe smoking, where there's actually *some* skill involved with the lay of the tobacco, but definitively not cigarettes.
>>
>>29238598
yeah in less you live in a really shitty area. Wanders are comfy as fuck.
I live about 6 minutes from the sea so thats where I go to smoke, but I did this living in towns too
>>
I've never understood how people have trouble quitting.
I smoked about a pack every 3 days. Decided to quit last november, and didn't find it difficult.
>>
>>29239487
I think 2 packs a day is where you get hooked
>>
>>29239487
I think most people "trying" to quit don't really want to and are just doing so off the back of someone else telling them to. Unless you actually want to quit (like you) you're never really going to stop.
>>
>Smoked three cigarettes and didn't feel sick
Do you not know how to inhale or something?
>>
It went from being a method to relax after work and deal with stress to becoming a necessity.

It's better not to start.
>>
>>29240553
my thoughts. Its literally alien toxins coming into your body. even with that faggy filter thing. Its normal to feel sick.

im a seasoned smoker now but I wouldn't smoke 3 in a row. Jesus. Would feel like shit. unless I was drunk
>>
>>29240553
I felt good, I took the smoke into my mouth, and then breathed into my lungs
>>29240635
I wasn't drunk or anything, I had just had a nice mcdonalds

how to smoke the right way then?
>>
I used to hate cigarettes when offered them in school.
After I dropped out of college, I started to enjoy cigarettes on my own though. Listening to chill music and smoking outside is one of the comfiest feelings in the world.
I hope I get cancer.
>>
>>29240664
>I took the smoke into my mouth, and then breathed into my lungs

That is right, but many people *think* they're doing that but for some reason actually aren't.

>how to smoke the right way then?

A good way to tell s that after inhaling you should be able to speak a sentence fine without any smoke coming out of your mouth.
>>
>>29240664
You'll get it in time. what other anon said but also smoke which has been passed through your lungs will be a lot less dense. try blowing it just out your mouth to see
>>
>>29240728
after the second inhalation right? (the one into the lungs)
>>29240812
thanks anon. I noticed that when the smoke came out of my mouth and I hadn't inhaled it yet, it was thicker and whiter, so hopefully I was doing it well
>>
>>29240852
>after the second inhalation right? (the one into the lungs)

yes

Out of curiosity, when you put the fag to your lips do you make the first inhalation by inhaling with your diaphragm as normal, or by making a seal with your tongue around the front of your mouth and pulling your tongue back to draw smoke in?

I do the latter, but I've met many people who can't seem to comprehend what I mean when I explain it to them.
>>
My first 'cigarette' was one of those brown "little cigars" that's just a cigarette with a brown paper with some tobacco in it basically. They were 1837 brand, and cherry flavored. I had asked for the guy to get me a cigar, he got me a pack of these, smoked a couple, then put a tiny little bit of weed in the pack to make up for it.

My first "real" cigarette was a Marlboro black or something. I thought it was okay. I also had a Marlboro of some other kind which I don't really remember. When I started smoking like a grown up, I got a pouch of blue American spirit rolling tobacco, and for a while got loads of nicotine rushes from unfiltered rollies. Kept on smoking that for a long time, then at one point when I started buying packs of American Spirits, then all kinds of random other shit to experience different brands. I got up to about a pack a day, and decided to get an ecig instead, and I think it's nicer. I still have a pouch of tobacco (Top, because it was cheap), and I have a cig every now and then. Right now about one a day, but I'm trying to cut back to one every couple days. Sometimes roll with filters, sometimes don't. Roll nicer cigarettes without them.
>>
I guess I have high tolerance or something because I only smoke no more that 4-5 cigarettes per week. I just do it to kill time in between breaks at work. Also it's one of the few ways I can actually start conversation with other human beings.

Two weeks ago a good looking girl asked me for a light and sat down and started talking to me. It was the first time in about a year and a half that I had an interaction with a girl that wasn't my mom.
>>
>>29240887
I think both are perfectly legitimate methods. I smoked weed before I ever touched tobacco, and I used the second method because I was used to drawing in big bongs rips and then inhaling them in a second motion. I think a lot of cigarette smokers do the first, but I don't know.
>>
>>29240971
Cigarettes are a great way to have casual interactions. It's like having a cup of coffee, but even more casual, so there's less investment. As long as you have any social skills whatsoever, if you have a smoke in a group of people who you've met, they won't be bothered if you just sort of join them. At least in my experience.
>>
>>29241028
>if you have a smoke in a group of people who you've met, they won't be bothered if you just sort of join them. At least in my experience.

This

The vast majority of the friends I have I made by either asking for a fag, offering a fag or just standing with whilst having a fag.
>>
>smoking with a filter doesn't give me enough nicotine
>smoke roll ups with no filter
>my mouth stings all the time
please stop whilst you can lad
>>
>tfw dying for a fag but have a bad throat infection

I know it would be incredibly painful and not worth it but goddamn it I really want one
>>
>>29241028
yeah its nice. I used it as a way of standing with a qt boy I had a crush on. And its a nice little sense of community of a stranger asks you for one. I never refuse because I know I'll always get one back from someone when I'm stuck

maybe thats just me though
>>
>>29234916
Been smoking since 15. Am 22 now.

First cigarette was a menthol and I choked pretty bad.

Smoking is nice but there are a ton of shitty effects. Lungs generally feel like shit and sometimes ur skin stings/feels shitty.

Really nice to have when something emotional happens. If you physically feel like shit, they make you feel worse.

I recommend staying away but ur prob a dumbass and will get addicted.
>>
>>29239311
GENERAL PORSJON XTRA STARK
>>
>>29240887
I think I might have done both, I burned my hand a bit due to the too when lighting due to wing, rate
>>29241150
how long should I not smoke a cigarette for to prove that I'm not addicted?
>>
>>29241028
Exactly

Thats how I made my first group of friends at college. We just sat around smoking and talking about whatever. It was comfy as fuck. Unfortunately I lost touch with them. Fuck I miss those days, never found a group of friends like that again. Actually I never found friends again period.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.