[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I get a snek or a hairless cat? which is a more robot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
should I get a snek or a hairless cat?
which is a more robot pet
The snek
>+cold and unfeeling
>+scales are pretty
>+I can train it to feed it live mice
>-requires an expensive setup
>-will hurt if it bites me

The cat
>+discriminated against by normies for looking different
>+is greasy like a robot
>+can be cuddled
>+will fuck up mice
>-might run into the road if it gets out
>-is expensive in my country
>>
Cats are better for company but sphinxes are really high matinence. So are snakes I guess, but you have to bathe the cat and put jumpers on it and stuff and no cat really digs that sort of thing.
>>
Get a cat, they're easier to take care of.
>>
>>29233916
What about a ugly goldfish all by itself in a bowl?
>>
>>29233916
a snake is a piece of furniture that eats every week or two
literally no reason to own one
>>
>>29233916
get a hairless cat and name him skinner

are they expensive?
>>
>>29233916

Cats are more robot than snakes because cats can give you affection that you can't obtain from humans. They can also kill vermin that are attracted to a poorly maintained robot home. But hairless cats are less robot than hairy ones because the cost and high maintenance makes them a bit of a status symbol and conversion starter. I'd recommend a hairy cat that's not too allergenic.
>>
>>29233916
The real robot pet is a spider.

Spiders are bros, try getting one.
>>
>>29233916
Cats also hurt if they bite you, and reptile set-ups aren't as expensive as you might think.
Also, snakes eat less than cats. Reptiles are way easier to take care of.
>>
>>29234647
I kinda want one of these autistic looking niggers
>>
Cat:
-even if a cat likes you, they are still prone to bite and scratch you when you don't expect it
-if you don't constantly keep them entertained, they become violent
-cat litter is expensive
-cat easily stressed in the presence of strangers. Especially children.
-your cat will kill a bunch of birds, mice, rabbits, squirrels, frogs and whatever small animals nearby. Be on the constant search for rotting corpses in or nearby your home.
-cats also eat small insects like crickets and cockroaches
-cats do not like being hugged. Never hold them tight.
-cats do no like leashes. You cannot walk a cat like you would walk a dog. A cat goes crazy when you pull on their leash.
-remember to get some protective elbow length mittens/gloves for when you need to handle a cat when it's acting aggressive
>>
>>29234756
>>29234647
Yum yum yum in my tum.
>>
File: edited.jpg (159 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
edited.jpg
159 KB, 1280x720
>>29233958
sphynx aren't actually high maintenance at all tbth. You leave food down for them at all times, have some blankets and cosy places for them (although they will just snuggle up to you and in your bed) I only give mine a 10 minute bath when they need it. Which isn't even every week. It just depends on the at and how much of a clean freak you are.

I have two and honestly OP they are the sweetest little guys. You wouldn't regret it at all. Best money I've ever spent. I've had numerous normal cats and they honestly don't come close in terms of personality

cost wasn't an issue for me. but if you're willing to travel you may see adults who need rehoming on facebook groups, craigslist etc. Be wary of scammers. Do not buy any kitten below the average price because they will be poorly bred and susceptible to the genetic health problems in this breed.

You can also get in contact with breeders who sometimes rehome their retired cats. I also got one of mine for free because he lost an eye and the person who bough him no longer wanted him
>>
>>29233916
snake = edgy tryhard faggot
hairless cat =100% robot masterrace
>>
>>29235389
what a load of shit. While they do bite on occasion its more when im play fighting and winding them up. It doesn't even hurt much. my sphynx like snuggles, adore strangers. don't really kill anything except spiders because they don't really get outside in the way normal cats do. They don't mind a lead because they were introduced early although its better to just have a well fenced run for them. You don't need to pull on it because they are not strong like dogs. Anyway who gets a cat to walk it.
>>
>>29235490
only a horrible monster would do such a thing. you should feel disgrace.
>>
>>29233916
I say snek but I'm biased towards reptiles in general. Cat is better if you want interact with it all the time. Snek is better if you like snakes and like watching them do their snek stuff.

After initial setup expense, snakes are far cheaper and easier to care for.
>>
>>29233916
You DO NOT feed snek live rodents though. Only in very cases does that become necessary.
>>
>>29234756
my pet is hundreds of cockroaches living in ziploc containers eating goldfish flakes. some die but the others eat their bodies. very clean animals. I want a tarantula so I can feed it some of the roaches.
>>
Ive had sneks, get a ball python, theyre cute af

>>29235748
Why do they need bathing when other cats dont?
>>
Get the hairless cat, those are the robots of the cat world
>>
>>29235838

People think it's cute to get a leash for any 4 legged mammal pet.

Pet pigs, pet rabbits, pet cats, pet guinea pigs.

What they don't realize is that leashes can be harmful to these animals and cause some undesired effects. When a cat spazzes out, it does not stop jumping all over the place and scratching/biting everything until it can find a place to hide and calm down.

Go on google or youtube and see all of the stupid people who think it's cute to walk their rabbit on a leash.
>>
File: baby bernard (3).jpg (53 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
baby bernard (3).jpg
53 KB, 500x375
>>29235938
They don't have hair to absorb the skin oils so they get a bit grimey. Like people. But its not as extreme as websites would have you believe. You also have to wipe their eyes, clean ears and trim their nails (one of mine hates that. I think he may have had a bad experience with them being cut too short) you will have to give their butt a wipe in the bath too sometimes.

So high maintenance compared to other cats but its nothing more than a 15 minute job whenever it's needed. and they really give back

and mine have never worn sweaters. its not necessary

honestly, they're the only thing that helps my lonely existence. They make me so happy. I went down to make myself tea there and Bernard jumped up, put his paws on my shoulder and shouted in my ear for cuddles :3
>>
>>29236030
plenty can get used to it if you're not an ass with it.and expecting it to go like a dog.. No one suggested even walking a cat anyway. I use one when travelling and need to let them out the car for short periods.
>>
Hairless cats are often riddled with health problems they are prone to developing due to being FUCKING MUTANTS, ie: respiratory problems, skin allergies, food allergies, skin issues in general not just greasy: prone to infections, will become sunburned; the one I lived with required FUCKING LOTION applied to it, or it would become dry, crack, and bleed and potentially develop an infection. Her eyes and nose also constantly wept.

If you want a cat, get a normal fucking cat. Not an overpriced meme pet so you can be whoah so edgy and different (the one I lived with was owned by a Marilyn Manson obsessed "goth girl" who, surprise, also owned a snake. Congratulations; you have the same mentality as that bitch.)
>>
>>29236225
only if they're poorly bred. I've not had any of those issues and plenty don't

and of course they're going to get sunburn. would you let your child out with no protection
>>
>>29236117
he's p cute actually
>>
>>29236255
>and of course they're going to get sunburn. would you let your child out with no protection

Child me hung out outside without sunscreen all the time, because humans are MEANT TO BE HAIRLESS. Cats aren't. They never develop any resilience for it like humans do.
>>
>>29236225
Id like to add: its a breed of cruelty, the first sphinx was forced to have sex with its mom
>>
>>29236566
you actually think an animal gives two fucks if its inbreeding. Highly doubt it was forced. You can't force an animal to have sex
>>
File: 1462343670177.jpg (138 KB, 700x783) Image search: [Google]
1462343670177.jpg
138 KB, 700x783
I have a corn snake and i can tell you that they are really comfy pets. While the initial terrarium setup might be costly, it will still be cheaper to own a snek in the long run because they only eat like once every 2 weeks. They are also really easy to take care of.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.