[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>bachelors degree and solid salary >bored with exercise,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Clifford-Harper-illustrat-007.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Clifford-Harper-illustrat-007.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>bachelors degree and solid salary
>bored with exercise, reading, video games, art, tabletop games, alcohol, travel, technology, social media, movies, food and cooking, "friends"
>get out of work every day, eat and go to sleep
>mfw only 23 years old and existential boredom setting in

How do you cope? I'm starting to consider taking a second job washing dishes or something to kill the rest of the time.
>>
I write stories. It's very satisfying. Kills time and lets you think.
>>
File: pg44-boredom-getty.jpg (1 MB, 2096x1536) Image search: [Google]
pg44-boredom-getty.jpg
1 MB, 2096x1536
>>29233850
I don't think I even have enough creativity or patience for that
>>
Literally me OP.

And on the weekends, I try endlessly to find things to do because I'll feel like I'm wasting my free time if I don't.

And I usually just end up getting shitfaced.
>>
>>29233831
>How do you cope?

Well I'm only 21, still in school.
But I certainly feel like this is going to be me in the future.

Maybe try to create your own business on the side with the 'solid salary' you're pulling in?

That or get a Stacie and create a family. You'll never have free time after that.
>>
>>29233831
same
but i'm forcing myself to do things i used to enjoy. it's hard and seems to be a waste of time sometimes but then again what would i be doing if i didnt do anything?
>>
File: 1919125_337289346541_4084554_n.jpg (26 KB, 461x334) Image search: [Google]
1919125_337289346541_4084554_n.jpg
26 KB, 461x334
>>29233831
>>29233889

These are literally me. Right now I'm sick of everything so I'm trying to fill the void by making as many friends as possible and it isn't working either.

Not sure if depressed or what.
>>
>>29233831
That's what happens when you fulfill your dreams, you get bored. I man needs a purpose, something to dream about.
>>
>>29233831
>>29233889
>>29234670

Shit guys I'm 22 and this seems to describe me. I seem to fill the void by working more and playing vidya. Sometimes I stay late just because I have nothing better to do.
>>
>How do you cope?
Don't need to, I have low IQ and anxiety so everything is a struggle. As a result I have experienced very little in life, which makes me hopeful toward the future.
>>
>>29234624
I don't even need the extra money and don't have motivation for that. I have around $8,000 in my checking account and add an additional $1k-1.5k monthly.
>>
>>29234777
>tfw have about $30k sitting around in a savings account and still can't figure out what to spend my money on

Shiiiiittttttt
>>
Find some new hobbies, it's really the only way to kill time
>>
>>29234809
If I had that kind of money I would maybe buy a new sports car. Yeah its a stupid investment but normies spend that money on spoiling their kids with iPads and shit or overpriced alcohol.
>>
Buy a car and just drive. You don't even need to go anywhere specific, just drive in the highway with some comfy music.
>>
>>29234777
Nice lucky sevens.

Senpai, you don't have to be a capitalist pig to enjoy owning a business.
>it doesn't have to be about the extra income

Let's see, me, in your situation with about $7,000 to play with.

Try to flip cars, for fun.

>find $2k-4k 'mechanic special' car on Craigslist
>said car would be valued higher, if in working condition
>buy
>fix
>sell
>???
>profit

And not to mention you're using your time productively and you'll hopefully feel rewarded doing it.
>>
>>29233831
Everything you listed is consumption OP.
Try out hobbies that involve producing something.
I had the same problem as you. I was bored with everything.
I decided to start making music and drawing with no background in either of those areas.
There is a long way to go before I can call myself skilled in either those, but it gives me a purpose in life.
Produce, don't consume and hopefully you can chase away the ennui.
>>
Meanwhile here I am, Sitting in my room looking at the six perfectly rolled joints full of the weed I just bought and look at this post, Drugs man. makes life that much more interisting and exciting. Just don't go over board and get caught and don't let it duck with your work and hey presto.
>>
>>29234855
For right now I'm saving it with the idea that I will go to graduate school in the future. I probably won't though kek. And honestly grad school is so expensive it would wipe out my savings in a year.
>>
I dedicated myself to the noble pursuit of high knowledge of the human body. I am studying to become a doctor of medicine
>>
>>29233831
Try becoming a volunteer firefighter
>>
>>29234760
This, 24 and barely going back to cc to finish a useless degree at the local university

Life will never be boring cause every little simple thing is a great hurdle. I don't know if that's better or worse.
>>
You probably still need to mature. Think outside the box/do something externally. Create some art or something. Volunteer and help out people. Start a non-profit. Whatever. Inward things obviously bore you so do more outward.

Alternatively if you feel no excitement/passion from your job (often a good job is more than enough to make you feel fulfilled at the end of the day) so maybe there's an issue there too.
>>
>>29233831
By bettering yourself. Get /fit/, knowledgeable and socially competent. That is enough to keep you occupied for years.

As well both meditation or prayer ( a religion of your choice) are good ways to be content with what you do/ your time.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.