[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /antidepressants/? I started a dose of Citalopram about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
Who here /antidepressants/?

I started a dose of Citalopram about a month ago now and I can feel them kicking in. I feel like a fucking zombie. I'm not sure if I like it, but I keep reminding myself numbness is better than feeling as shit as I was before I got on these.
>>
>>29231467
Never again. I felt worse with those things. But whatever helps you anons.
I do take anti psychotics, just to be sure I won't go full blown mad again.
>>
Which mental illness are you taking them for? I've noticed that people who take them for depression report poor or nonexistant effects, but those taking it for social anxiety/phobia are more likely to find it helpful.

My /armchair scientist/ conclusion based on low sample sizes and guesswork would be that citalopram helps for phobias but not depression.
>>
Quit cold turkey for the third time, I kind of enjoy the brain zaps now. I'm never taking them again, they ruin jerking off.
>>
>>29231467
Mirtazapine and Venlafaxine here
They help me quite a lot
>>
Been on and off for around ten years. Only one that might have helped was an MAOI. Had sexual dysfunction from Paxil, notriptyline, and maybe Viibryd. Not from Prozac, Remeron, etc.

I get really sick of people who use one or two meds, or none, and call it quits. You people are fucking pussies.
>>
>>29231618
I am taking them for generalised anxiety disorder and depression in one. My doctor did tell me that it's likely I'll have to take something stronger in future for the depresison but she is starting me out on these for now to see how they work. Honestly I'm scared of taking something stronger than this, they already make me feel like an alien so god knows what the big boy shit will do to me.
>>
>>29231671
Do you get the brain zaps all the time or is it a limited side effect? I've only had them a couple of times but they're really unpleasant.
>>
Anti-depressants are mostly suppressing symptoms, remember that friends.
>>
>>29231798
Thats the point. If I could therapy this stuff away it would have been gone years ago, my brain is simply too fucked up to regulate itself so I need pills to help it along.
>>
>>29231876
I agree, pills can help you to the road of recovery, but in the end you want to be independent of them.
>>
>>29231467
What is the typical treatment for depressive disorders?

Will medication really work that well?
>>
>>29231906
Everyone is different, different meds work differently
>>
>>29231906
Medication can work well but you are usually recommended to undergo therapy or counselling alongside it. My mother has bipolar and the difference between her when she is on her meds and when she comes off them is night and day. Not everyone will respond positively to meds but they work fantastically for her.
>>
>>29231918
>>29231978
What do you think can be done to limit my cliche depressive symptoms?

I don't see how talking to someone will make the urge to put a shotgun slug through my head leave me
>>
>>29232010
You could always give medication a try, but do not think it will solve everything
Finding something meaningful or something that keeps you preoccupied
Doesn't matter what, as long as you have some endgoal
>>
I get them when I stop taking them. When I was on them the only side effect I got was limp dick.
>>
>>29232078

This was meant for this >>29231771
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.