[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HEY CHRISTFAGS I NEED YOUR HELP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Savior.jpg (329 KB, 561x750) Image search: [Google]
Savior.jpg
329 KB, 561x750
Alright so to begin with, and despite the subject, I'm an atheist. Which is part of the reason I'm starting to have doubts about my sanity.

Long story short, there once was a robot, he couldn't get no gf, lost any hope to achieve happiness, and decided that if he couldn't then he was alive for no reason. He's still a firm believer in happiness though, and believes that anyone that could achieve it should achieve it ; therefore, after giving up on its own's, he started helping others he knew achieve it.

Now I'm no samaritan, I'm obviously doing this because I want to feel good about myself or at least keep my mind busy enough not to actively cry, but the problem I have is that I got curious if anyone else followed the same pattern of self-denial for the greater good.

And guess fucking what. Freaking Jesus did.

So here's my question : is Jesus supposed to be a figure of hope, or even a role model ? Because I'd find it pretty scary that self-destructive behavior is thusly promoted in the Bible.
>>
Jesus is absolutely supposed to be a role model. Christianity is the pursuit of being Christ-like. Sacrificing yourself for the supreme good of humanity may be self-destructive, but it is also righteous. But this is not the place to learn about Christianity. You should join a church, read the Bible, browse some Christian message boards.
>>
>>29230335
But here's the thing, I absolutely despise people who think self-destruction is somehow a good idea - so apparently I despise christfags, I had no idea I was that stereotypical.

But thanks for answering anyway.
>>
>>29230707
But your original post is talking about how you are trying to take a path of self-destruction for the good of others?
>>
>>29230845
Yes. And I find myself despicable for that. Then again, I might not be entirely sane.
>>
>>29230885
Self-destruction is a bit of a misnomer when living according the wills of Christ, it's more correctly put as living for others more than you live for yourself. We live in a very egocentric and solipsistic time, and if more people would put themselves last before everyone else, things would be much better.
>>
>>29230933
Yeah, but living for others is living without dreams. What are we if we don't dream ?
>>
>>29231181
Living for others is living with a dream for a better world.
>>
>>29231324
What if I'm cynical then ?
>>
Still here op? I might be able to help but first please tell me about yourself some more and how you got interested in Christianity.
>>
>>29231570
Still here. And I'm not interested in christianity per se, it's more that I found out what I'm doing is typical of christians while the rest of my self is pretty much the opposite.

As for myself, I'm just a typical 20 years old geek. I don't know what more I can tell about myself.
>>
>>29232191
One of the reasons why you find yourself sharing values with Christians is that western secular society still retains a good portion of the moral compass set by Christian ancestors. Jesus is indeed the quintessential role model and His figure should be taken as a whole including his self-sacrificial tendencies.
Your question is very reminiscent of one of the many challenges of being Christian, accepting the entirety of His being so that you may serve the Lord and be saved.
>>
>>29232790
But I don't want to be saved ! Most of my skillset hinges on the fact that I'm dwelling in the grey area where good meets evil ; if I'm saved, I lose all ability to live, and I really don't want that.
>>
>>29232900
>skillset
What are you talking about, exactly?
>>
>>29232900
As a human being, I can understand that. It's not like you are automatically saved if you do good things and don't actually want to be saved. But I will just let you know that even people who have Christ in their lives also live very grey lives, so to speak. Of course, it's not ideal for them but they try their best doing what they believe in and that's what we all really need to do to have a sense of purpose.
>>
>>29233028
Basically everything I do in my life. I'm a liar, a cheater, a thief, a manipulative bastard and any other less-than-moral thing that can come to your mind. And I'm pretty sure that doesn't fit the christian way of living, yet it pretty much defines me.
>>
>>29233084
You have the ability to redefine yourself. You don't need to be those things to be happy and successful.
>>
>>29233103
Don't wanna. I like being those things. Plus, they allow me to make others happy, so I really don't have an incentive to leave them behind.

Also, I've already given up on happiness and success.

>>29233061
Yeah but I _want_ to be those things, they help me a lot in my life.
>>
>>29231568
Then you're a faggot.
>>
>>29233659
Well... Fair enough.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.