[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never going to win the lottery, limited supply of money, what to do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: cantdodgetheodds.png (446 KB, 492x479) Image search: [Google]
cantdodgetheodds.png
446 KB, 492x479
Welp, this is my last post. It all has to come to this.

LOL jk. But I will however cease posting about my lottery addiction in case I do actually win so no one suspects it was me if there is an American lottery winner and then I stopped posting, and also because as I am fully well aware, I am more likely to be hit by a car and struck by lightening at the same time while walking to 7-11 to buy lottery tickets than ever win a major lottery jackpot.

So for the sake of closure, please suggest to me ways of generating income that do not involve
A) A full time job
B) Using a computer for more than an hour a day
C) Anything dirty, dangerous, illegal. or highly technical

I now accept that I will have to dip into my inheritance money in order to change my life circumstances in order to even be able to do anything, since I don't live in a place I feel safe and comfortable in, it is not conducive to success. And also never learned how to drive and no parking place or reliable street parking here anyway. Though the main challenge would be getting someone to rent me an apartment, or part of it, make up a story about being something other than NEET, and actually be making money before too long.
>>
>lying about your past

Childish. Nobody cares if you were a NEET. Admit your faults and grow past them.
>>
File: 1404797828576.png (50 KB, 180x191) Image search: [Google]
1404797828576.png
50 KB, 180x191
>>29225078
>>29225078
>Nobody cares if you were a NEET.

"So your diploma says you graduated college in 2013, what have you been doing since then."

"Nothing"

>Employer's face when
>>
Please don't stop posting. I have not else to share these feels with.
Also are the one who said he spend three thousand dollar on the lottey
>>
Are you american? how do you choose your numbers?
>>
Having you thought about living off grid?
>>
Bump, Come back dude.
We need to win got to win.
>>
BROOOOOOOOOOO. Don't leave meeee. they no one else.
>>
What happen my post did't get though.
>>
>>29225638
I must have spent at least $4000 by now. I will stop posting about it and hopefully stop wasting so much money on lottery, and win, but find an alternative means of financial sustainability if not.

>>29225681
randomly generated by the machine

>>29225809
Thought, yes, but its as much a fantasy as winning the lottery. I lived in the city my whole life and don't know how to do or make or grow anything.

>>29225869
I'll drop another $10 on tickets for next week, but I don't want to live like this anymore. Its impossible to get close to anyone in real life because I'm hiding this dark secret of being a lottery addict and having absolutely no other plans financially than winning the lottery.
>>
>>29226112
>no other plans financially than winning the lottery.
Me too, I currently failing two classes because I so catch up in winning the lottery.
>>
What games are you lotto playing ?
>>
>>29226165
My gambling went warp speed 3 years ago when I dropped out of college again and realized I hated school and never wanted to work again.

>>29226202
Mega Millions and Powerball, and also the Cali lottery and Fantasy 5. Fantasy 5 has least worst odds of winning (1/575757) per entry, but jackpot is only $67k-$300k usually)
>>
>>29226515
I suck so much at math I don't know how to get that number from matching 5 numbers out of 39 in any order drawn
>>
>>29226537

(39*38*37*36*35) / (5*4*3*2*1) or in other words, 39 choose 5
>>
>>29225288
>"So your diploma says you graduated college in 2013, what have you been doing since then."

I tried to go into business for myself; photography had been a passion of mine for a while, and I thought I had the skill to make a living doing what I loved.

Unfortunately I wasn't good enough; I was too fixated on doing a good job, and not enough on getting enough work to pay the bills. Ultimately, I failed. I sold all my gear to pay down my debts and I never want to touch a camera again.

Explaining missing time is easy!
>>
>>29225018
You have a higher chance of walking in on an attractive woman taking a shit in your own bathroom than of you winning the lottery.
>>
>>29226673
would anyone even NOT throw my resume in the trash if it says honestly I haven't worked since 2010 and finished college in 2013?

but whatever, I don't give a fuck, I don't want to work anyway, working is just as much in fantasyland for me as winning the lottery. What has changed now is that I am starting to feel very ambitious to do something, but don't see how its possible given my situation. Which is why I see the only way out is to take out like $50k of my inheritance money, use it to get lisence, car and associated costs, and lie to some landlord about having a job and rent an apartment. It is scary because if I don't 'make it' I would end up severely in debt, but its more and more clear to me that the only way I can be successful is if I have a car and home I feel safe and comfortable in. Here I can't do much o
>>
>>29226926
got cut off accidentally. Here I can't do much of shit because I don't like my home environment, and thus distract myself with being on computer all the time, and being outside often. I still would not be able to get anything productive done online in a more ideal living situation, but if I could just go and drive to a job or use my car to do app-based on demand work like Uber, and have a serene space to study learning materials for whatever skills I am pursuing, I do think I could make it.

PS: How to even go about getting driver lisence in my late 20s having never learned it before and no friends to help with it?
>>
bumping my last thread
>>
The lottery isn't for people like us anon
>>
>>29227366
Yes it is, lottery is for everyone, everyone has equal chance of winning, no amount of nepotism, cronyism, karma, good boy points, hard work, prayer, meditation, sex appeal, social skills, or penis length can improve anyone's changes of winning the lottery. It is all fair and unbiased, people willingly sacrificing their money knowing how sucky the odds are, no one manipulating and exploiting anyone else- except the governemnt exploiting gullible/poor/desperate/elderly people which make up most of the player base.
>>
>>29227481
People like us are meant to suffer
>>
>>29227592
I do not share your feelings of self lothing
>>
I will never understand gambling addiction. I took a combinatorics class. One of our homeworks was to design a functioning lottery system. I don't think the lottery should be illegal, but it's basically a tax on stupid people. Nothing wrong with buying the occasional ticket for entertainment. The people who are regularly contributing some amount of their income to lottery though are behaving irrationally.

Don't know your story but here's my advice. Dip into your inheritance money, buy a (cheap) car, learn to fucking drive. I'm honestly kind of flabbergasted when I run into people that don't know how to drive. Infrastructure in the US was designed for cars first, people second. You can't live here without knowing how to drive. Even if you live in a city, there will be times you have to leave the city.

Then get a job.
>So for the sake of closure, please suggest to me ways of generating income that do not involve
>A) A full time job
Why?

Assuming you are lacking in skills, you're going to have to work full time to generate any meaningful income. You don't have the luxury of working part time, unless it's two or three part time jobs. That's adult life, it fucking sucks half the time and blows the other half. You have to buckle down and mentally prep yourself for the suck.

Apply everywhere. If that doesn't work try a temp agency.
>>
>>29227592
No we're not meant to anymore.Normies made us suffer our whole fucking lives,so it should be us making them suffer.
>>
>>29227914
>I'm honestly kind of flabbergasted when I run into people that don't know how to drive.
Not OP but I'm 23 and I can't. Had a bad experience as a kid and whenever I get behind the wheel, I just freeze up. I always end up thinking I'm going to hurt someone or destroy something.
>>
>>29227948
Maybe one day I'll be bold enough to hurt the normies
>>
File: 1441479153302.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441479153302.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>29227969
So you have to get over that fear. Start slow, drive around your neighborhood, practice parking. Stay away from the highway until you're comfortable driving around town. Drive with someone you trust, that is how everyone learns.

You should be afraid of what can go wrong, but you also have to recognize the odds of an accident are slim with defensive driving. Most people drive like fucking morons, because they are fucking morons, so you have to account for them.

I drive in one of the most congested areas in the US, commute about 250 miles a week, never had an accident or even a ticket. If you drive defensively it's very safe. Pay attention, give yourself breaking distance, check blind spots.
>>
>>29227914
If I honestly believed I would have no choice but to work full time I would just suicide. There has got to be other ways of living a work-life balance lifestyle and having enough money to eat healthy, vacation places and have a non-shit living situation.

Never learned to drive because parents would never pay for it and no friends to show me how. I guess I will have to actually go to one of those driving schools filled with 16 year olds where they personally instruct you in their vehicles.
>>
>>29227914
not OP.
So everyone has to spend ~40 hours a week working even if they dont need or care for that much money?
How is suicide not the only tolerable option?
>>
File: powerball.png (509 KB, 492x479) Image search: [Google]
powerball.png
509 KB, 492x479
>>29225018

I don't know if you remember me, but I was the brit anon from yesterday's thread, didn't get a single number, and feel similarly in despair.

Just a shame I couldn't go to Girsh park to reflect upon it like Elliot did after his lottery dissapointment
>>
>>29228311
>There has got to be other ways of living a work-life balance lifestyle and having enough money to eat healthy, vacation places and have a non-shit living situation.
There are, but you need skills. Demonstrable skills.

>I guess I will have to actually go to one of those driving schools filled with 16 year olds where they personally instruct you in their vehicles.
Nothing wrong with that dude.

>>29228313
>So everyone has to spend ~40 hours a week working even if they dont need or care for that much money?
'Course not. The problem is an unskilled worker, generally speaking, will not be able to fund the major life necessities without working 40 hours a week in most places.

So, they did a study recently where they summed up the hours a minimum wage worker would need to afford rent for a 1 BR unit in each State. There wasn't a single State below 50 hours. And that's only rent. You still have food, health insurance, car insurance, utilities, Internet, phone, the list goes on.

That's adult life.
>>
>>29228316
I bought 8 entries total $16 and won back $3 for matching 1 Power Ball

>>29228389
There is another path I see people doing than the wagecuck to careerslave path. It is one where they start out doing odd jos such as app based on demand work and a low stress part time job, and then learn to master and become professionally certifies in some of the things the are interested in and end up building a 'lifestyle business' around it. So think... what could I possibly do that is not sedentary/computer based, yet not as hands on like a fitness trainer or masseur.

I enjoy going for long walks outside, it there a conceivable way to get paid to take people on walks? I mean they have apps for things like grocery delivery, dog walking, babysitting, taxis, etc, so I can imagine there are lots of people who want to get out more but don't know where to go walking since they only drive to get places.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.