[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever encountered a mantis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-06-12-01-08-26--738664380.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-12-01-08-26--738664380.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
This one time I was chilling on a backyard deck, summer, blue skies and big white clouds. It was that time in the season when the day was swollen with life and heat. I had just finished smoking some weed. I had nothing else to do in the early afternoon.

I sat there for a while taking in the day. I guess I was kind of meditating. It was all so captivating. I remained motionless for a long time.

I don't know how or when it had appeared. It was imperceptible. The plain truth is that a mantis, fully grown and pale orange had been sitting on my shoulder. The moment I became aware of its presence it jumped off my shoulder.. "jumped" is a clumsy term. It was an elegant movement. Glided is more accurate. With its back turned away from me, it sailed through the air, limbs sprawled out as if it was skydiving.

I got out of my chair, and kneeled next to it. It looked at me with that peculiar sort of awareness those creatures have. I bowed to it. And it tentatively paced away.

These beings are rare in my home state.
>>
I live near Chicago. I was driving to work, when I noticed one was hanging off of my driver side mirror. I pulled over and caught it in an empty fast food cup. I worked at a pet store, so there were a lot of workers with weird pets, so I ended up giving it to a co-worker and he fed it to his chameleon.
>>
you think you're a good writer don't you?
>>
One time as a little kid I caught one and brought it inside. I absolutely loved/love insects, so it was so cool.

Then it became free.

Did you know they can fly? Oh baby, they can fly.

Never once have I shat myself so hard as when I had a flying sky ninja around my house.

Shit was off the hook.

We got mantis-bro outside tho. He was cool. Everything ended peacefully.

Now every time I see one I just want to fist bump the little buggers. Cute as hell.
>>
>>29224683
Oh man, that honestly sounds like it'd be a glorious battle. I bet it was like a cute version of that newer Godzilla movie, with the flying praying mantis monster, with the eggaacks and shit.

Not a great movie, but it was pretty cool.

Nice story anon. I hope you have a good day.
>>
That sounds nice OP, thanks for sharing tbo
>>
>mowing lawn one day
>feel tugging on my shirt when I turn around near one area of fence where I turn around
>dont pay any attention to it, just keep mowing
>feel it again pretty hard this time
>finally take a look
>a huge mantis flailing its arms at me
>wasn't expecting anything like that, scared the shit out of me
>give it a wider birth as my finish mowing

First and only time I've ever seen one in person, at least a wild one.

Kind of a strange thread OP.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.