[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has 4chan become so serious within the last couple of years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 350x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 350x364
Why has 4chan become so serious within the last couple of years? Nobody can post a joke without being told to go to reddit. Mods can't make a sticky without it being destroyed by people that can't hide it. A new board gets created and all people on this can think about is how they're going to destroy it. Even moot left because he was sick of what this site has become.
>>
It's been like that for at least five years
>>
>>29221470
It's from the fear of being like Reddit, so now everyone tries to make 4chan as awful as possible.
>>
>>29221495
And it sucks. It makes this site unfun.
>>
>>29221551
Is there a reason why 4chan is afraid of becoming reddit?
>>
moderators drove out all the fun people, it has nothing to do with plebbit
>>
>>29221470
when the internet got serious. The internet used to be fun and games, but now it's crucial for so many things. Politics, dating, the job market, even drugs are becoming an internet commodity
>>
>>29221576
Reddit is cancer. And i say this as a casual reddit user
>>
>>29221576
Have you ever been to reddit? It's all designed so people can become ecelebrities and opinions can be silenced. If you disagree with something you just go to a circle where everyone has the same opinion. Also the mods are public figures which means you get endless whining whenever they do anything remotely controversial.
>>
>>29221613
But why did 4chan change? Those types of things were always on the Internet, but 4chan always remained that fun site to talk about alternative hobbies.
>>
>>29221642
So 4chan doesn't want to be like reddit because reddit is cancer? Seems like 4chan is doing a great job at being like reddit then.
>>
>>29221705
don't you have a dead chan to be sameposting in?
>>
>>29221657
Sounds like you're parroting /pol/'s opinions on reddit.
>>
>can't tell a joke without someone going "reddit"
true. also people act very insecure now over the internet. if you trigger them they respond to you then pretend they weren't triggered.
>>
>>29221741
It's common on every subreddit to do with literally anything. I browse the site occasionally because it can be good for news but never post because when a thread is a few hours old nobody will even see your reply.
>>
>>29221741
/pol/'s right again. What a surprise
>>
>>29221768
Haha okay anon ^__^
>>
File: 1434282297613.jpg (1 MB, 3872x2544) Image search: [Google]
1434282297613.jpg
1 MB, 3872x2544
>>29221470
I agree friend. Let's have some good-natured fun that doesn't exclude any marginalized groups. Here is a funny cat photograph. Is he high... or WHAT!? :D
>>
>>29221470
>Nobody can post a joke without being told to go to reddit.
not really. maybe you just have reddit tier humor
>>
>>29221830
LOLCAT is best cat
>>
Being angry over everything is fun though
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.