[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"you'll never love somebody as much as your first"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
>"you'll never love somebody as much as your first"

is it true? i'm beginning to think that it is
>>
>>29219008
Yeah. You have a limited supply of 'crush juice' in your brain. You run out after about 2 years of unrequited love, and if pair bonding hasn't taken over by then you have to be attracted to girls manually.
>>
File: 1463151402301.jpg (30 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
1463151402301.jpg
30 KB, 307x386
>>29219060
What, is that true? The way you explained it sounds very unscientific, some tell me if they have some kind of research that says that? I hope that's not true, i've only liked one person for 4 years.
>>
>>29219060
>have to be attracted to girls manually
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>29219008
>First relationship ever lasted about 7 months, I felt a crazy draw to him that I could never quite explain
>Finally understood what love was, like it unlocked an emotion in my brain
>1 year after the emotional tear filled break up just can't get that feeling again no matter how hard I try, no one hits that same spot

I think so too. I feel strangely cut off or disconnected, I wish I could feel attracted like that again.
>>
File: 1463823721567.jpg (617 KB, 774x1104) Image search: [Google]
1463823721567.jpg
617 KB, 774x1104
>>29219008
Let me tell you a quick story OP:
>be me, literally autistic but slightly above average intelligence so a year younger but a year ahead in grade
>13 years old, freshman in in highschool, ask out a girl wearing a leather jacket, jeans, slicked hair, and I had a rose and a poem written out, she was 14 but considered relatively popular and attractive
>all the girls were asking me who its for, they even called out to her and told her to wait for me, they were all giddy with excitement, except she just gave me a hug and said "just left a relationship sorry"
>as the years go on, my autism intensifies, until I have a mental breakdown at 17 my first year in Uni
>after antipsychotics, two years of drugging myself up, psych wards, homelessness, and experiences in Uni, I could see now she pitied me in Uni, she invited me out out of pity, and treated me like a child, everyone did, but I didn't quite get it, I knew something was off but just ignored that bad feeling

Do I still "love" her? I would say I wouldn't mind being next to her. We will probably see each other on campus this fall, as I am going back (re-applied, accepted, sorting out financial aid this monday, gave me special accommodations for mental disability).

I will not reach out, I will not initiate any form of contact, and I will cut it short if she tries to talk to me.

So I guess its right OP. Your first love is just ecstasy.
>>
>>29219241
Sounds like more of a crush than love if you didn't even get passed asking her out
>>
My first crush was a very awful woman. So no, not always true.
>>
File: 1464665313460.jpg (512 KB, 977x800) Image search: [Google]
1464665313460.jpg
512 KB, 977x800
>>29219297
I was friends with her for a long time. I knew a fair bit about her. She plays bass, studies music, comes from a broken home, thats the simple stuff. She told me something when I told her I didn't see a reason to not die, she just said "I literally have no dreams or ambitions. No reason to stay here. Fuck it." then she invited me to get high and smoke black n milds.

I've known her for a few years now. When I asked her out, crush yes, but over time, love, and now, dead inside.
>>
File: x.jpg (172 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
172 KB, 1280x720
>>29219098
>he used all his crush juice on a roastie that doesn't like him
>>
>>29219008

Currently on my third relationship (yes yes, "normie get out" and all that), and yes. It's absolutely true. With your first love, you have an unlimited supply of optimism, and the rush of feeling something like love from another person for the first time is so intense that it's downright overwhelming. So much so that you feel like how the other person sees you is immutable, that there's no chance of major conflict arising. Even just a few months in you'll already feel like you've found "the one".

After that ends, you become a lot more realistic and jaded. You can still feel strongly for someone else, but you'll never feel that quixotic rush of almost intoxicating happiness again. You'll always be aware of your partner's characteristics that clash with yours, their flaws, and that things can fall apart.

This will probably sound like bullshit, but I kinda envy the people here and on other boards who've chosen to stick with 2D. I used to crush on fictional characters all the time, and it felt awesome. Now if I like a character I always think about how we wouldn't be compatible IRL and don't feel anything.
>>
>>29219416
More like a trap who kind of liked me, whatever though. Not enough not to marry that other dude and dip on me when I got their self esteem up. Now I just want to be better than other people, working out got my body more built up. I guess it'll just do more meditation and learn to kickbox, I can always try to become that action movie type of character that I looked at as the best when I was a kid.
>>
Can confirm.

>massive crush on a girl junior year of hs
>never even talked to her because ima pussy
>got really depressed that I'll never have her over summer break, didn't leave room for 3 months, barely ate, attempted suicide etc.
>now 23 and I have not crushed on a single, solitary girl (besides having frequent sexual fantasies about my step cousin) since then
>also can't relate to >tfw no gf threads anymore

I think I fucking inadvertently burned myself out...I don't even want to talk to girls anymore senpai.
>>
>>29219008
>topic is "you'll never love somebody as much as your first"
>everyone uses crushes and <1 year relationships (honeymoon stage) as basis for agreeing
>>
>>29219568
I feel like I can still crush on characters though. They design characters who have less of those faults that would make you feel that way, and they are always good people. Even the tsundere characters and side characters tend to be good people, it's like an ideal version of the real world, also everyone is super pretty. I feel like if real life was filled with pretty people, who had good intentions, and who were all around better I would have a chance. I think people as a whole are freaking ugly though desu, and their personalities are usually ugly too. It's way to rare to find someone who I think is good on paper, nonetheless compatible.
>>
It actually took me a minute to remember my first bf's name and that was only 4 years ago.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.