[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you know if you smell? I shower daily and use an antiperspirant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: nothing_personel.jpg (360 KB, 960x1089) Image search: [Google]
nothing_personel.jpg
360 KB, 960x1089
How do you know if you smell? I shower daily and use an antiperspirant but I feel like I still reek. I cant actually smell it myself naturally but I always assume that I smell like shit.

My clothes and underwear smell fine after a long day, too. I don't know why I think I'm smelly but I kind of get that impression from people around me. It's nothing obvious like comments on a smell or holding their noses or whatever but I dont know.

I'm very paranoid now, about my odor and I'm going crazy. I cant ask anyone.
>>
>>29216663
there's gotta be someone you can ask that wont bullshit you.
>>
File: 1459663305018.jpg (427 KB, 1543x1360) Image search: [Google]
1459663305018.jpg
427 KB, 1543x1360
>>29216663

>TFW cum in my pants
>TFW smell my underwear after

Smells good.
>>
>>29216932
I cant even ask my family and they would bullshit me. Sorry brobot I'm too socially retarded to ask anyone.
>>
>>29216932
>he has friends

>>29216663
If you have a normal sense of smell:
1. Smell something strong like coffee, until you can't really smell it anymore
2. Smell your armpit/socks/whatever
3. If you can't smell BO, you're good. If you can smell it even a little, you're a filthy stinking nigger
>>
>>29216663
I don't get how people don't smell themselves. I know if I smell like shit.
>>
>>29217068
If I don't take a shower for a couple of days on holidays or whatever I'll start smelling bad andd I'll notice it. But the more subtle odors I dont think humans can smell on themselves because they get used to it.

>>29217054
I'll try it this monday brobot. Right now I havent showered in a while so I smell bad already. Got any other tips?
>>
>>29216663
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactory_reference_syndrome
>>
>>29217236
Yeah I've read about that. Honestly dont think I have it. I show the symptoms alright but I really dont like believing all the in your head bullshit.

It might be a real disease but I don't think I have it. I cant assume that it's only me because the thought of being the stinky guy is killing me and I'll goddamn try everything against it.
>>
>>29217317
Just ask someone. If you were smelling or had a problem with your smell, your family would have told you. Of course it can only be in your head.
>>
Also you say it yourself:
- your clothes smell fine after a long day.
- nobody close to you told you smell.
- you "get the impression" from people around you
- you are very paranoid
- you are going crazy.
- social avoidance

You are very likely suffering from that disorder. Get help. Also ask someone to be honest and ask him if you have a bad smell.
>>
>>29217387
Like I have said I cant ask anyone. I've asked my family secretly a couple of times like "Oh should I take a shower before we go" which often results in " You smell fine" but honestly they are my parents, they think I'm handsome ffs. That takes a certain amount of delusion.

I know it can be in my head. But I refuse to believe it because even if I wanted to I wouldnt be able to. That's why I'm trying to find solid proof on whether or not I actually smell because as long as I cant convince myself, it doesnt matter if its real or not.
>>
>>29217498
Well I really hope I have that disorder and I dpnt really disturb anyone but I dont think I can actually convince myself. I'm incredibly ashamed of asking anyone or getting help from a doc. I couldnt even ask my parents properly, I truly am socially retarded.

Thanks for the help though we'll see how it goes. I'll try to pretend it's all in my head and try to make myself believe it.
>>
>>29217557
>which often results in " You smell fine"

You still don't understand you suffer from at least one mental disorder (ors) ?

>Like I have said I cant ask anyone
Because you don't know anybody or because you would be ashamed ?
>>
>>29217647
>I'm incredibly ashamed of asking anyone or getting help from a doc
You shouldn't. Almost everybody has a disorder of some sort. All my friends, me included, have seen psychologists at some point in our life. Go to your doc and tell him you think you suffer from ORS. He will tell you right away if you smell or not. But I think the reality is that you aren't ready to hear that you don't smell.
>>
You prefer living in your own world being totally delusionned that you stink.
>>
>>29217732
I cant just come into a realization that it's all in my head and go on normally. I cant convince myself. I wish I could. Again, my parents will say a lot of things about me because I'm their child and they love me. But it's not always true.

I can't ask friends because I'm way too ashamed. And I don't have very close relationships with my friends. It's mostly just hanging out and joking etc. My real close friends are far away.
>>
>>29217816
I'm not normaly ashamed of doctors. I've had sessions with them before but I'm very shy about this topic.

I wish I could but I just cant. It's nkt rational, it doesnt make sense but I cant make it.
>>
>>29218010
Dude, trust me, if you had anything with your smell, your doctor, your family, your friends would have told you by now. There are some people who smell and they can't do anything about it (Fish odor syndrome), I smelled one person with the condition in public (i didn't have any particular reaction) and it smell awful. Trust me, if you had this kind of condition, it would have been detected by your entourage long time ago.
>>
>>29218177
I never had sessions about the smell though. Like I've said I'm not that close with my friends, I don't think they'd tell me and my family may not even notice it or not say anything to not hurt me.

No one complained about my smell and people don't seem to mind sitting around me but I still feel like I smell. Nothing extreme like the fish odor stuff but more subtle. Sometimes I'll get a sniff of poop sometimes burnt plastic etc.

A while ago my shoe used to stink and it drove me crazy until I figured it out. I still have the trauma from that which makes me believe it might be just in my head.

What makes me believe it might not be though is that people act exactly the same way as when there was a smell for sure. And I can sometimes smell something. I don't know, I truly dont. I can't convince myself about the disorder thing as long as I don't disturb people I honestly dont mind.
>>
>>29218379
Of course it's hard to convince yourself that you smell fine, it's a monosymptomatic hypochondriacal psychosis, a form of psychosis. Which means that you are really convinced that your delusion is reality.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.