[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that feel when we live in a cyberpunk novel You know its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: axGXOxp_460s.jpg (34 KB, 460x459) Image search: [Google]
axGXOxp_460s.jpg
34 KB, 460x459
>that feel when we live in a cyberpunk novel

You know its true, robots.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (1015 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
1015 KB, 500x269
>tfw no gang to cause mayhem with

feels bad man
>>
>>29216543
too bad it's not a very good one
>>
>>29216543
Frame the world today in a cyberpunk way then.
Please take me away from my mundane worldview
>>
File: gits_123.jpg (96 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
gits_123.jpg
96 KB, 640x350
Who binds you obsolete meatbags?
>>
>>29216700
You have access to a wired network of information that you can access anywhere thanks to multipurpose miniature computers that fit in your pocket. There's a shady underbelly of this network full of crime and drugs that can be accessed by anybody with the know-how. This digital black market primarily trades in an unregulated cyber-currency. Corporations are more powerful than ever, and they collaborate with increasingly authoritarian states to spy on citizens.
>>
You think? That novel must have never reached the publishing houses then because this is one shittty cyberpunk future. Not exactly what Ridley scott had in mind when he made Blade Runner
>>
>>29217381
Don't you think every person in every cyberpunk alternate future would think the same thing?
>>
>>29217305
Lots of cyber, where's the punk? Only a tiny minority could be said to rebel against this model. The majority are more like chair people from Wall-e if only because the technology is beyond most people's comprehension
>>
>>29217514
>Only a tiny minority could be said to rebel against this model

Well yeah. It's not like everybody is rebelling in Cyberpunk. There's going to be bystanders going about their daily lives. And you happen to be one of them.
>>
>>29217514
cyberpunk just means dystopia. We live in a world of reality tv star presidents, drones, weekly riots, robots replacing humans, and the revival of horrible diseases.
>>29217381
wait until we get laser rifles and clones
>>
File: transmetropolitan.jpg (106 KB, 630x375) Image search: [Google]
transmetropolitan.jpg
106 KB, 630x375
Maybe if you live in the downtown area of a few US / asian cities
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.