[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /soft voice/ here? >tfw have to repeat myself constantly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323 KB, 1600x1200
Who /soft voice/ here?

>tfw have to repeat myself constantly to others
>tfw can never get a word in a group discussion
>tfw will never have a loud commanding voice
>tfw people always say "what was that" when you try to speak

Im convinced my life would be 10x better with a loud voice
>>
>>29216516
Then speak louder.
>>
>>29216571

>Why are you screaming, Anon
>>
>>29216571
But this is my conversational voice. It doesn't my feel natural and I have to strain to speak louder.
>>
>tfw no naturally high pitched voice

Oh gosh i was born the wrong gender...
>>
>>29216516
I can relate way to much to this...
at school no one can hear me at times

they are always like "speaking more clearly"
or "think before you say anything so we can here you better"
>>
>get told I'm soft spoken
>everytime my voice makes a weirder melody I don't usually use while talking I get called out on being angry
Why? It doesn't even sound angry. At most it sounds like I have to think in the middle of the sentence or something.
>>
File: 1463737251500.jpg (422 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
1463737251500.jpg
422 KB, 700x800
>>29216516
I dont think having a relatively heavy voice affects my life to be honest. I guess it's a little more imposing when I yell to lash out against the darkness of my own ineptitude.
>>
>>29216634
Train yourself to speak louder. Or be forever a voicelet.
>>
I'm the opposite, I've always had a voice too deep and naturally loud to the point where women don't like talking to me because it's "intimidating".

At least you can compensate for a soft voice.
>>
>>29216707
Teach me anon. I don't want to be a voicelet
>>
>>29216516

I am.

My last GF told me I was 'very soft-spoken'
>>
>>29216742
Just up the volume. I'm not much of a talker but when I need to, I make an effort and speak up. It's not that hard, you just need to concentrate.
>>
File: 1440018509541.jpg (14 KB, 453x381) Image search: [Google]
1440018509541.jpg
14 KB, 453x381
>tfw deep soft slow monotone voice
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0DDyfLGtf68
>>
>soft but deep voice
>always asked "what did you say"
>speech problems, literally say things backwards and skip words sometimes
>slurred speech when anxious
>haven't spoken in 2 days, forced to be mute
>>
File: 8ec.gif (158 KB, 220x245) Image search: [Google]
8ec.gif
158 KB, 220x245
>>29216516
Who /stutter/ here? It's very hard for me to pronounce words with certain letters and it's almost impossible for me to say something fast.
>>
>tfw listening to loud Chad describe his childhood
>"If you didn't yell, nobody would listen!"
>Thanks for perpetuating that
>>
I mumble and my speech pattern is also fucked
>>
Remember that will and discipline to improve yourself is genetic. If you had the ability to do it you would have already. Better get comfortable with being a loser.
>>
>>29217023
>>29216992
famila

how do we cure ourselves?
>>
>>29217094
Apparently my stuttering was much worse when i was 5 because i had to go to speech therapist but even after that i still stutter. I guess it's because mom left me for a month at grandparents place and something scared me. Now even if i had Chad aesthetics, i'd still be stutter.
>>
>>29217023
I've had a stutter since I was about 6. I don't think I was raped or anything, but I've been told I was fine before that. It's gotten better as an adult and most people don't notice but I don't talk around most people and if I'm comfortable talking around someone I do it less. Really frustrating when people don't believe me. Sort of the same thing with my high aspie scores. I'm pretty gorgeous (so I've been told) and I don't talk to people unless I'm comfortable with them. Everyone assumes I'm a dick until they talk to me and then they can't fathom that social situations are difficult for me as I comfortably speak with them one on one.
Anyway, I bounce sometimes but more often can't get the first syllable of a sentence out (of course no one notices, when it happens l don't even get a chance to say anything.
>>
>>29217202
> Everyone assumes I'm a dick until they talk to me and then they can't fathom that social situations are difficult for me as I comfortably speak with them one on one
I can relate to this. I dont feel like i'm complete introvert but stuttering prevents me from having confidence. Kids were always teasing me about stuttering and i got inferiority complex due to this.
>often can't get the first syllable
Yeah, it's exactly what happens to me. I dont repeat the first syllable or letter like (i l-l-like you) but to me it's like (i l--------like you) i completely freeze on first letter. Anyway, add this stuttering, me being unattractive and low-esteem and you have perfect mix for robot-hood.
>>
I have more to say>>29217202

I also have a deep soft voice so when I do get a word in I have to repeat everything which is fucking discouraging.

>>29217094
No cure. In my experience with speech therapy (from 5th grade to senior year) I always did totally fine in speech sessions and barely stuttered at all, but as soon as I left class I'd lose all progress. I think confidence is key. When I'm more comfortable in a situation I don't stutter as much. We probably all have a problem with that though, so like I said, no cure.

>>29217162
Like I said in my first post, people think I'm hot shit. Despite this I have only a few close friends and everyone else scares me.
My friend jokingly asked me a question he found on the web the other day. Something along the lines of, "Would you rather be absolutely gorgeous in every way but no one will ever truly love you, or be fat and ugly but everyone wants to be your friend?"
The bastard knew what I was going to say because I had expressed my disdain for being as attractive as I am and would definitely trade it in for some fucking social skills.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.