[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Health General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: FUCK.jpg (129 KB, 572x845) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
129 KB, 572x845
>MFW I'm Bipolar
>MFW The Depression side of it is back and I can't even function anymore
>MFW Already lost ALL my FUCKING FRIENDS when I went manic multiple times so no support network anymore
>MFW No one to even text to cheer me up
>MFW Have schizophrenic tendencies and sociopathic ones as well
>MFW I want to FUCKING SCREAM at randoms times when this shit crops up

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Yeah none of you normies can relate

>Teehee better screenshot for my ebin Reddit upvotes!
>>
>>29216165

That's rough, hang in there pal
>>
It's a shame.

We need mental general.
>>
>>29216703

Honestly it feels good to vent. I almost broke my "E" key typing this up. I still have shitty Bipolar Disorder but I don't feel even half as bad as before.
>>
I've only had one full blown manic episode in my life, you know with the psychosis which lasted for nearly 5 months, really fucked my life up for a long time afterwards. Even though it's been 3 years now, I still worry on a daily basis that it will happen again especially whenever I feel twinges of mania.

I don't even know if I'm bipolar at this point even though I was diagnosed with it, but I just feel paranoid and anxious a lot. Really find myself fighting with delusions at times as well, like I'll completely believe something then 5 minutes later I'll be complelety amazed that I actually believed such nonsense, which I wish I had the ability to do when I had that episode because boy did I believe a lot of junk for such a long time.
>>
>>29216165
I feel you, OP. I have bipolar type 1 as well and my manic episodes are terrifying. I've been on Lithium for the last 2 years though and it's completely eliminated them, I don't even get hypomania anymore.

OP, have you considered going on lithium or depakote?
>>
I have bipolar disorder as well. Normies don't understand. The "mental illness awareness" doesn't do anything.
>>
>>29216856

Oh yeah, the delusions of grandeur are very bad. My episodes have only last 2 months max, still enough time for all my friends to find out I'm mentally ill and not want to associate with me.

But the depression side of it is just as bad. I'll get obsessive about something and my perspective will turn more negative. I'm fighting the depression right now.

I'm on some pretty gnarly meds if you've ever heard of Risperdone. The less severe side effects are it makes you fat and can give you man tits.
>>
>>29216165
I have severe chronic crippling major depressive disorder. It's a terrible illness because I'm like so sad sometimes! I cry a lot when I watch sad stuff and thankfully my boyfriend comforts me <3. I'm so damaged. I'm suffering in hell every day on this earth. No fate is worse than mine. Think you can beat me? Think again. My mental problems are worse than yours!
>>
>>29217137
no u, cowboy man
>>
>>29216924

>mental illness awareness doesn't do anything

I agree. People HATE depressed people for one thing. I had a friend who was much more depressed than me and he was always verbal punching bag for our whole group of friends and the butt of every joke . I just watched a video from his new group of friends that they posted on YouTube and they were treating him like the Town Fool. Some disgusting fat loser held him with a cigarette in his mouth while they rest of the drunken fools hit him, then it ended with him moaning in pain the ground.

^That was a long example but it just shows that normies can be fucking savages. Personally, when I am functioning and not depressed people think I'm really cool and I'm a friendly guy, but I can feel my sway over people lessen when I get depressed to the point where they won't talk to me anymore or they'll just avoid me. It's cruelty in a different way and it makes me very sad.

I actually want to eventually write a book and if it gets turned into a movie maybe people without mental health diseases can see how painful it is to be depressed, go manic and make fool of yourself, and be treated like a piece of meat inside a Ward. If you know any accurate depictions of what a Psych Ward looks like let me know so I can show my family. Cuckoo's Nest is nothing like reality.
>>
>>29216923

>>29216923

I'm on an anti-psychotic (Risperdone). 1.5 MG. It works most of the time, but I've been depressed for a month straight now. I had to get a leave of absence from work, too. My doctor put me on Lithium Orotate and I felt like an absolute zombie, however I got off of it before that could've gone away so many it would work...

My psych likes to try all these new anti-psychotics on me and they make me feel nuts sometimes. I really hate trying new meds, I've probably been on around 20 by now.

>Depakote

Makes me feel like a brain dead zombie desu. I go to the gym 3 days a week to lift and do cardio on those 3 days and 2 extra for 5 total. I was functioning very well up until late April
>>
>>29217194
It's literally just that people are oblivious. There's awareness of mental health- people understand it exists, but they don't know a thing about it nor do they understand the effects it has on individuals.
Really feel the education system needs to change in some way with this. Not only to help people keep a steady mental state growing up, but to educate people on what they might suffer from, or the people around them might suffer from- and how they can deal with it.
Therapist checkups should be as common, if not more common, than seeing a dentist.

Deal with problems like gun crime, rape, paedophilia and all these other social problems at the root itself.
>>
>>29217194
There are no accurate depictions of mental health wards in fiction. If your family doesn't listen to your personal description of what it was like, the unempathetic monsters are beyond fucking help and wouldn't benefit from watching a movie or reading a book anyways.

>>29217210
Lithium's dosage is really tricky, it can takes weeks or months to get the proper amount in your system. It sounds to me like your psychiatrist is way too eager to change what you're on, which can do a lot more harm than good. Have you considered changing to a more experienced psychiatrist?
>>
>>29216165

>Cyclothemia
>AVPD
>Chronic depression

>Friends wait patiently by the wayside, know I like to be alone most of the time.
>People try not to provoke me.
>People make an effort to include me in shit.

At least I have people that care. Not gonna shit on that.
>>
>>29217276

I totally agree, I would love it if the next First Lady made her big issue to deal while in The White House to be Mental Diseases and Mental Health.

I feel like blacks and minorities complain a lot, put people who are psychotic, schizophrenic and bipolar are honestly the new downtrodden group. High chance to end up homeless, high chance of being incarcerated or killed by police, high chance of ending up on welfare and becoming another cog in the system.

I have to say though that normies can instinctually sense if you're depressed and it's either fight or flight for them: They'll treat you cruelly or they'll want to get away from you quickly.
>>
>Major Depression
>AVPD

>'you just need some sun bro'
>'just lift bro, it cured my depression'
>'why don't you like talking?'
>'why do you always look sad?'

REEEEEEEEEEE FUCK OFF NORMALFAGS LEAVE ME ALONE, I JUST WANT TO READ IN PEACE. I REALIZE YOU CAN'T GO 5 MINUTES WITHOUT BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO DRAG ME INTO UNCOMFORTABLE SITUATIONS.

My dad is the worst.
>"Why don't you say anything other than "Hi" to guests that come over?"
>"You're being very rude to our guests"

HMMM MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOUR SHITTY COWORKERS WHO ASK THE SAME THREE QUESTIONS EVERYTIME THEY'RE HERE. I JUST WANT TO EAT IN SILENCE THEN GO SIT IN MY ROOM IN SILENCE. FUCK.
>>
>tfw you've got several mental health disorders and don't want to just be a welfare pig so you go to work every day and struggle harder than anyone else there just to get by
>tfw you check off "not disabled" on job applications and die a little inside every time
>>
>>29217336

>Has friends in your life

I'm genuinely happy for you man. I live in a big city and a lot of the people here are genuine fuck heads. Lots of druggies too. I'm gonna try to make new friends though and I don't resent my old normie friends for ditching me, I might've done the same.. :/

I'm very physically fit so when my depression dies down and I'm functioning again I'll look at hiking groups or a nice church to make healthy friends. I feel hopeful despite this shit disease and this thread has made me feel happy today because I could vent :)
>>
>>29217316

Those were both me.

>Family

They are mostly too busy with their own lives or they have unrealistic expectations of me and don't understand my limitations. My Dad is nicer than my Mom, my Mom can be very mean. They are divorced and I live with my Mom and she's not very supportive at all when I become depressed, but I'm thankful I have a place to live.

>My Psychiatrist

She is VERY experienced, but she's a pill pusher. That's the main problem there. I don't trust her at all T B H.
>>
>>29217485

>What you wrote

If you want to change then Exposure Therapy will help significantly and besides Benzos it is likely the only cure. It will be brutally hard and frustrating, however. All those things you wrote will help but it's mainly exposure therapy when you're feeling happier.
>>
Have any of you tried stuff like Acceptance and Commitment Therapy or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy? With or without meds.

It's really helped me
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.