[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one get motivation like people in movies, vidya, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: brush every day.gif (2 MB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
brush every day.gif
2 MB, 500x269
How does one get motivation like people in movies, vidya, and anime? Like when someone wants revenge and they lose a shit ton of weight, become stronk as fuark and conquer the world or some shit.

>inb4 discipline
No seriously, it's not the same. Having an actual drive > forcing yourself to do boring shit every day.
>>
>>29215056

Step 1:
Be physically healthy.
>>
>>29215056
When faced with your choices in life, carefully weighing them up, and finding it's all pretty much the same shit, you have two choices.

Do nothing because it's all a means to the same end.
Pick something and focus for no real reason.

People with ambition do the latter.
>>
>>29215171
>People with ambition do the latter.
When I was a kid I thought there was objective morality, life was amazing, and I had an important destiny that I needed to live out. Now I don't. I want to go back so I have a drive again, even if it's under severe delusion.

How to fix?
>>
By not being mentally ill.
>>
>>29215637
So 90% of the world is mentally ill?
>>
>>29215056
Step 1: plan everything you're going to do with a specific time schedule

Step 2: carry out that schedule every day until the task is completed

Seriously, people who don't plan things out and set a time and get into a routine never make it. If you only do shit when you feel like it, you're never going to make it.
>>
>>29215737
It's not about feeling like it though. Some people wake up and work out right away. They actually WANT to every day because they're so driven to have a good and healthy body.

Having to plan shit like that? You shouldn't have to. Maybe just say "in the morning" or "after breakfast", but if you have to plan shit for your own self-improvement then there is no point because you don't have drive.
>>
bumpanaran
>>
Why on earth are make believe cartoons your gold standard when trying to solve real problems?
>>
File: my precious son.png (235 KB, 540x466) Image search: [Google]
my precious son.png
235 KB, 540x466
>>29216320
>make believe
ARE
EE
EE
>>
bamparampara
>>
Are you trying to do 100 sit ups push ups and sqats every day, fatso?
>>
You haven't experienced true pain or betrayal yet. You will know it when the time comes, op. I've been plotting.. a surprise.. for somebody six months running now. I am consumed.
>>
>>29215056
> How does one get motivation like people in movies, vidya, and anime?
> like people in movies, vidya, and anime?
> people
fictional characters in a story specifically made to address our fantasies
>>
>>29215056
they get that motivation from the show's writer who instils them with it in order for them to be interesting characters.
>>
>>29215171
>for no real reason.
Oh, you.
>>
>>29217887
But there are real-life versions of them. For instance, I don't think Bill Gates ever used discipline, but rather he had such a motivation to create something great that he kept pushing. Same goes for most hugely successful people. I don't think you can make millions unless you truly love doing what you do with a burning passion, or otherwise have an iron drive to achieve something big.

Forcing yourself to read a book that you don't really want to read, will never ever yield the results it does for someone who truly lets himself be absorbed by the information. I used to feel that feeling before when I was learning how to program when I was younger, but I lost that feeling completely. I just want it back.

>>29218003
He's right though, there's no real reason to do anything in life. Eventually we all die, and everything we do is pretty arbitrary and meaningless. Yes it's certainly fun while it lasts but it's truly meaningless in the literal sense of the word. You only do it because you "want" to, and that's not an actual reason.
>>
>>29218582
>You only do it because you "want" to, and that's not an actual reason.

Are you retarded? lol
>>
By being fictional.
>>
try drawing inspiration from people who actually existed

if you want to become dictator from scratch follow mohammed and hitler

if you want to be a famous great teacher follow buddha, ghandi or christ

etc
>>
>>29218625
I mean usually if you want to do something meaningful, there's a reason like "this country needs to change" or "I need to become stronger so I can be state champion in karate". There's an ambitious goal behind it, rather than just saying "eh, this seems ok, let's just do it".
>>
>>29215056
>that gif

heh nothin personnel
>>
One of the only things I do that gives me any sense of worth is competitive rowing and when I'm racing I sometimes feel that sort of drive. It's not really something you can teach yourself to feel, it just sort of triggers when you're really determined to exert yourself and seize opportunities.
>>
>>29215056
Having an actual drive = forcing yourself to do boring shit every day.

any time this shit has been observed it really is no different. the people you admire or consider successful have the exact same perspective of those things you aren't willing to do.
>>
>>29218582
most people will never achieve anything close to greatness because we're shaped by our environment (chance) and for the most of us things just won't click together.
>>
It's unrealistic to try and make major life changes all at once. Try making one small change at a time, do it for a couple months until it's a habit. Then rinse and repeat until you're doing what you wanted to do every day. If you change everything at once, you'll just fail and give up.
>>
God-tier facial aesthetics
>>
>>29218744
Yes, but not while deeply hating it and wishing you would kill over any second.

People who are driven to do shit they don't like, are usually still content doing it because it's getting them somewhere that's very important to them. If I want to learn to program "just for the sake of it", then there's nothing to keep me going because "the sake" is a very shitty and fleeting reason to do anything.
>>
>>29218782
People can change themselves tho, I just wonder how
>>
>>29215056
having an exciting life helps op.
negative feelings motivate you better
positive feelings are transient.
>>
>>29215056
dont born ugly
its not that hard OP... oh shit
>>
>>29215056
You answered your own question.
If it's revenge, you're running on hate. If you're not feeling that, you don't care all that much and you won't really try.
It can be love or greed or duty or whatever. Their feeling for their cause is stronger than their laziness.

You have examples from fiction. Is your capacity for empathy broken so badly that you're thinking all these characters are faking it?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK