[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a hard time believing in psychiatry yet i need to visit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 480x454
I have a hard time believing in psychiatry yet i need to visit one. I thought that when i go there he will say that i have depression, obviously because its a money for him, and then i will be taking those highly addictive anti-depressants, will be forced to pay probably, and everything will be shit eventually. Problem is that my mother really want me to go there after finding empty bags of poppy seeds and lsd under my bed, she is positive its depression, yet i just think i am lazy looser (obviously psychiatrist cant say it what she dont understand). She is literally crying right now, dont want her to feel that bad, maybe i should just for pills? Redpill me for psychiatry guys
>>
>>29209009

Just fucking go there but have your mother pay.

You could atleast try. Even though I don't believe in psychiatry either.
>>
Antidepressants aren't exactly more addicting than PST.

Anyway, there are some meds which are bullshit, and some which might help you. I personally don't think SSRI's do much if you don't get a placebo, but I find Wellbutrin at least somewhat helpful. Seroquel and gabapentin both work as mood stabilizers for me, though I can't really be on them long term.

Honestly I just want to have space to grow a large garden of poppies to keep me opiated. That may sound hypocritical after me saying opiates are more addictive than antidepressants, but I personally find them to be the most helpful thing even if they're addictive.

Remember that there's shitloads of medication options, and they can't put you on something you don't want to take. And all a psychiatrist really does is prescribe pills. If they aren't prescribing you something, there's literally no purpose of going to a psychiatrist. That would be a psychologist or therapists territory. Though the psychiatrist will most likely refer you to a therapist or counselor of some kind whether they prescribe you meds or not.
>>
>>29209009
I have bipolar disorder and have to take certain stuff. I had also taken anti-depressants. In my experience it didn't help much. Only when I started to eat healthier and find a fulfilling study I started to feel better.
>>
Your mom is a total fucking idiot for throwing out diagnoses. In order to get a true diagnosis, it takes lots of evdluations over several sessions. Many clinicians will give a "diagnostic impression" but this is more of something to look into further based on something said or observed.

Just because you have drugs does not mean some psychatric issue. Thugh addiction is a sumptom to an underlying problem, in almost sll cases, it's an adjustment disorder. Adjustment disorders are temporary.

Your mom is the exact reason why peope who have actual issues don't receieve treatment sooner. She is te readon the system is clogged up and intakes are nacked up for months. She is the reason why psychiatrists and theraposts can't do much because of an extremely high caseload

Fuck her.
>>
>>29209170
I meant to say that I took anti-depressants but stopped taking those. Only after eating healthier and finding a fulfilling study did I feel better. Also support from someone unexpected.
>>
>>29209170
Are you on lithium? The level/exact variety of my mood disorder is unspecified, but I experience rapid cycling and some variety of mania/hypomania. I'm currently on a sub-therapeutic dose of lithium, but I'm saying fuck it, like I usually do when I leave. Seroquel and gabapentin keep me calmer and more relaxed, which is useful, but the lithium doesn't seem to do much of anything, and it just strikes me as kind of a nasty chemical.
>>
>>29209212
Hi. I was first diagnosed with schizophrenia, so I had been given olanzapine or zyprexa. It makes you incredibly sleepy and emotionless. They suggested I might have bipolar instead and offered other drugs.

I decided not to and stick with these. I am on a much lower doses now. Though I have sleeping problems.
>>
>>29209197
Noy exactly that. She is crying cause she remember how i was "happy child" and now i dont leave house except a job, read books and browse internet all free time, and make humouristic remarks about suicide etc
>>
>>29209300
Yeah, I have been having an extraordinary difficulty sleeping enough lately. Usually at most four hours of poor quality sleep, and that's with me knocking myself out with 300 milligrams of Seroquel and a hundred of trazadone. Thankfully that drug doesn't seem to make me numb the way it can a lot of people, at least not at the doses I'm at right now.
>>
>>29209009
It took me 3 anti depressants to find one that works, but they actually make me happy
It's crazy to have emotions again
>>
>>29209386
meant to reply to
>>29209170
Tried mirtazapine, sertraline, and then finally venlafaxine
>>
>>29209411
It's funny, there was a girl at my psych ward who got super tweaked when she took mirtazapine, it was so fucking weird. She refused it after taking it one day because of how on edge it made her.
>>
>>29209386
You know when I quit those anti-depressants I had the most awful nightmares. It was spooky as fuck.

I have nightmares on a monthly basis, with me waking up in sweat and grasping air. But quitting those anti-depressants was the most fucked up ever.
>>
>>29209575
I don't recall ever having a nightmare in my life
Don't think I will quit taking it soon tho so they have to wait
Was told that Venlafaxine is one of the worst AD to quit
>>29209495
It just made me sleepy and hungry
>>
>>29209009
>money for him
>everything will be shit eventually
>i just think i am a lazy looser
Your negative perspective is part of your depression. In a way this is your mental illness trying to survive. Take the pills OP, there is a reason they're prescribed (because they work).
>>
>>29209756
Yeah, that's why it was weird, it's normally moderately strong sedative,
>>
>>29209009
Therapy is a scam but medicine does work. The best medicine are Benzos since they have little side effects short-term, but they are addictive and your body builds tolerance against them. They used to perscribe that back in the day with no issue and good results but now they are very stringy with constantly increasing Benzo dose for real psychiatric patients since so much normies have abused it.

SSRI are a very different cookie. They will completely fuck you up for the better and the worse. For example I used to be very depressed and couldn't get myself to talk. I was slowly descending into madness and after a psychosis I was admitted and gradually put on more SSRI until I was stable. Now I take 50mg of Paxil ( Paroxetine ) a day.

SSRI completely, utterly ruined my sex drive. When I first started it I haven't masturbated for 2 months and while I could get hard I couldn't become horny or get off. Eventually this slightly wore off but I still do not become horny more than 1 time a month. My social anxiety is completely gone, not because my anxiety itself is gone but because I no longer see others as human. SSRI makes your life feel like a dream and eases out everything. You really do not care about anything any more. If you are like me that is a good thing ( apart from the serious sexual side effects ) but be careful with that shit.
>>
>>29209985
Also if you want to know if they are giving you a placebo look for pupil dilation. All SSRI make your pupils permanently dilated.
>>
>>29209985
>implying normies are the only people who imply benzos

They're an incredibly robotic drug if all you do is take them 24/7 and be a blacked out asshole NEET everyday. Half the people who get heavily addicted to them do have genuine anxiety issues, and discovered the drugs from legitimate prescriptions.
>>
>>29210044
What the fuck kind of place gives you a placebo and lies about your meds? That's massively medically unethical. That only happens in drug trials as far as I know, and that's a completely different situation.
>>
>>29210055
Benzo addiction is not a bad thing if you really need them, but doctors are increasingly stingy because of all the people abusing them who do not actually need them. In my opinion they have much less side effects than SSRI and don't actually change your state of mind the way SSRI do.
>>
>>29210121
Do you have any idea what actually benzodiazepine addiction is like? Because if you think it's not a bad thing, you clearly have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

I'm not saying they aren't massively useful, but you don't seem to have any idea what consequences use of them can have.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.