[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My cat is about to die (too young) and I'm grieving already.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
File: kot.jpg (283 KB, 2874x1311) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
283 KB, 2874x1311
My cat is about to die (too young) and I'm grieving already.

>always letting him go out in the yard
>two days ago he tried to jump on our wall from a lump of planks
>somehow he didn't succeed jumping on the wall, and fell on his back whilst striving to cling to it (this is my opinion, I was in the house and didn't see this happening, of course)
>now he is paralyzed and can't move his back legs or tail anymore

>two days ago (thursday) he barely came home, in anguish, only moving by his front members (arms)
>my family and I had taken him to the vet and they gave him some painkillers or don't know what
>now he's no longer able to move himself, feed or pee
>we need to change his covers, to feed him with a syringe and to help him moving whilst he's meowing out of sorrow that he finds himself unable to move his back
>we made him do a CT scanner and the results are due to come this evening
>there's a slight chance for him to have a problem at his spine which can be solved with the help of a surgeon
>but the greatest odds are for him to not recover anymore, and that requires euthanasia
>mfw I can't let him toil but neither can I kill him (the vet suggested euthanasia after 2-3 weeks)

I have few friends in real life and neither do I talk to girls and he was amongst the critters that made me indeed happy, he was my best friend, he would always purr or I would give him toy prey and he hunted it every single time.
>>
My cat had cancer and we had to put him down last week. I feel for you anon. I can still see him walking around in the corner of my eyes.
>>
>>29208743
How old is your cat?

Mine is 5.

He has had some problems but he is still alive.
>>
>>29208778
Yes, but yours was older than 3 years I guess...
>>
>>29208796
He has just turned 3 of late.
>>
>>29208743
Anon, you need to let him go. I know it's hard but don't let him suffer like that.
>>
>>29208743
This is hitting me really hard holy shit.

Have you considered giving him wheels for his back legs like King Of The Hill episode?
>>
>>29208743
I don't want to think about this. I have to raggamuffin cats and are close to the same age (about 4 human years) I hope they live to their limit of like 11 or 13 years because every time I had a cat my parents moved and got rid of them. now I live alone and dying young would kill me harder than anything
>>
>>29208845
That's what I'm thinking about. But I am going to lose my best friend, my life is going to be really empty from now on.

Furthermore, my grandfather with whom I have spent a huge part of my childhood died a couple of weeks ago and I feel bad for going through this again.

>>29208866
I doubt whether this can be done here. The average Eastern European doesn't give a shit about his pet and wouldn't treat him like a human.
>>
>>29208833
I'm not gonna suggest anything since it's your choice.

I just hope everything works out well for you.

With my cat it feels like he has only been with me for a year when he has been here for 5.

Time flies, I hope you got to play with him much before that incident.
>>
>>29208743
Maybe he won't recover.But if he feel no pain or somehow get used to it ,he can live a good life with your help.There is a lot of paralyzed cat living well.
Euthanasia should be an option if HE can not live with it or the pain is too much.
Me and my cat wish you luck,pet that little fucker for me
>>
>>29208797
I hope your cat drops dead right the fuck now.
>>
>>29208980
I guess he feels pain from time to time, and I stay with him as much as I can. But it breaks my heart hearing him meowing from time to time, he meows like he would cry but he is unable to.

>>29208933
Yes, I have him since September 2013, when he was barely 4 months old. And it was great to see him growing and to feel like a greater, but also kind and calming influence for his life. I would pet him with my foot and knowing that I were able to squash him like a roach he would still stay there because he TRUSTED me, and he still does!

>>29209020
I was expecting a stupid faggot who is unable to comprehend the feeling. Get the fuck off this board.
>>
File: 1449018913176.jpg (98 KB, 838x764) Image search: [Google]
1449018913176.jpg
98 KB, 838x764
>>29209020
>>>/b/

Get out, underage.
>>
>>29209093
>>29209044
don't feed the shitposters man
>>
File: 1463357993583.jpg (26 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1463357993583.jpg
26 KB, 640x360
i really hope your kitter is gonna be able to recover soon, i really wouldnt know what to do if something ever happened to my cat ;'(
>>
>>29209402
Thank you mate. My biggest regret is that I couldn't catch him since I had wanted to do it before he failed to jump on that fence.
>>
>>29209483
Forgot the trip, sorry...
>>
i hope your cat dies and I hope you die soon after.
>>
>>29209483
i know what you mean, but you really cant blame yourself for that :/
>>
>>29209550
I know, but if only I had the luck to catch him then...
>>
File: average_4chan_post_in_2016.jpg (30 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
average_4chan_post_in_2016.jpg
30 KB, 1024x768
I feel for you man. i lost one of my dogs not to long ago, dumbass ran him over. i still miss him.
>>29209513
pic is for(you)
>>
>>29208743
Life gives life meaning, therefore life is it's own meaning.

He will die, just as we all have to.
>>
>>29209614
I've once seen a dog recently murdered by a car on the road. On the sidewalk there was a puppy looking at the dead dog and when there were no cars, he tried to pull his ear in order to make the dead body wake up. That was heartbreaking even for me, a sperg who usually LMAO's @ the news when people die, sometimes.
>>
>>29209583
your cat knows you tried and is gonna be thankful forever that you were such a caring owner and will watch over you from cat heaven :)
>>
>>29209675
I haven't yet reached my nihilistic stage and I am trying to avoid it since your post reeks of angst.
>>
>>29209701
Nihilistic? No. But once the cat goes you will be practically. Consider it
>>
I had a cat who was partialy crippled like that, lived a few years in agony untill one day he was murdered by stray dogs. Although i miss him i know it was a relief for us both.

Its just the way of life op. My female cat gave birth to four kittens this february they are very cute runing around and all but it breaks my heart knowing that we will probably have to let them go.
>>
Fuck you anon, Im gonna go hug my cat now ;-;
>>
>>29209933
Well, at least you are going to be aware that they are alive and not dead. It is relieving.

>>29210149
He/she (I'm not a shitlord but I don't know its/him/her/xer pronoun) would be happier if you would bait it/him/her/xer with a wire, cats are predators all in all, not fluffy toys as seen by roasties.
>>
File: 1441035138542.jpg (2 MB, 5815x3840) Image search: [Google]
1441035138542.jpg
2 MB, 5815x3840
>>29208743

Put him down and let him be gone. He's already mostly dead anyway.

Do it and be done with it. Be there when it's done, of course.
>>
rip based cate
>>
man i feel for you, my cat died one day after my birthday (he had stomach cancer or something, was about 9 years old), its always hard to lose a pet, especially if its your first.
>>
File: cate.jpg (48 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
cate.jpg
48 KB, 720x540
My cate is also ripping in pepperonies for a few years now, here she is under a Christmas tree

She was such a generic looking cat that 20% of all cats remind me of her
>>
>>29210417
Is this your first dying cat? After a while it gets easier.
>>
>>29210464
>>29210470
Thanks for the regards, but he's not dead yet and it's a slight chance for him to be operated and become functional again.

>>29210505
Mine is tabby as well, only he is grey.

>>29210536
Not dying yet, but it's my first house cat.
>>
My cat was just hit in the road this morning. I had to get up at an ungodly hour and bury him. I loved that cat.

It happened a few months ago too. You just have to remember that time passes. Time will always pass. Everything continues on.

Do something to get your mind off of it. Seriously. Anything. Occupy yourself, exercise, whatever.

Life is so fragile.
>>
>>29210624
I feel sorry for you. My cat had no means to get to the road, yet he managed to accident that badly.
>>
Man cats dying is the saddest thing ever, lost my first cat at 2 years old, and my current kitty is still going strong at 4 years. I'm going to be devastated if Nacho dies :(
>>
I've had 3 die.

My first died when she was 18. I was 4 years younger, so I'd never known life without her. Sobbed in front of the vet. No shame.

2nd was 15 or so when she died of kidney failure. She was the closest to me. She died at the vet overnight.

My mother hated her and took pleasure in telling me she was dead. I smacked her so hard I knocked her out. Pussy father attacked me. I get a double leg takedown (thanks wrestling) and slam him to the hard wood floor. He fucked up his lumbar spine when he hit. Drove my elbows into his head a few times. Juvenile hall, blah blah. No regrets.

3rd died a few years later after I'd left. He was a good cat, but we were never close.
>>
>>29211012
Nice story, but you shouldn't have hit your parents, except for the self defence part (your father).
Anyway, I'm sorry for you're coming from what seems to be the average redneck family.
>>
>>29211012
good on you for smacking that bitch up.
>>
my cat which i'd had from birth died a few years ago, he was 23 and blind and deaf once he went.

he was a great cat, used to fight all the other cats but was really friendly with people, everyone on our road loved him and used to let him explore their houses. Really need to get another cat but i'm wary that he was one-of-a-kind and i'll never be able to replace him.

OP i hope your cat recovers, he sounds like he was a good and happy cat before his accident.
>>
>>29211102
opper whats the aul diagnosis on the cato
did you get the cat scans yet
>>
File: received_1091373974240941.jpg (118 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
received_1091373974240941.jpg
118 KB, 960x1280
>>29208743
My cat got hit by a car last month
My mom immediately got a new cat and loves him more than my cat
I had him since I was 6
He was the only thing my sperg self really loved
He was coolest cat
>>
>>29212316
sorry for your loss anon, he really looks like a cool cat.
>>
>>29212210
Didn't receive them yet, my parents have to call the vet but I am going to bed in an hour anyway, so I doubt the thread will be alive by tomorrow.

>>29212316
I don't think I will be able to replace mine if the blight is going to happen. Anyway I'm sorry for yours, Norwegian forest cat is indeed a nice race.

>>29212162
Thank you!
>>
Just get him put down, it's the best thing by the sounds of it. Prolonging his suffering is just about the worst thing you can do, you think you're being compassionate, but you're not.

>now he's no longer able to move himself, feed or pee
>we need to change his covers, to feed him with a syringe and to help him moving whilst he's meowing out of sorrow that he finds himself unable to move his back

Would you want this to be you?

Losing a kitter is always terrible, but sometimes that's just how it goes.
>>
I have some good news! The results arrived: his spine isn't severed yet the cause for him being paralyzed is unknown. That means he has some higher chances to recover, the vet supposes it is myelitis which cures by itself, I only have to take care of him.

>>29212616
If one month has passed and he isn't cured yet, I am going to consider this.
>>
File: fuckingvegans.jpg (723 KB, 954x1238) Image search: [Google]
fuckingvegans.jpg
723 KB, 954x1238
>>29212689
>consider

If you just let him carry on until his "natural" death, as it were, you're going to have to live knowing that you caused him to suffer a lot because you were too much of a delicate flower to make the right call at the time. Beginning to wonder if this is just b8 desu m8
>>
>>29212840
I said that after one month I am going to do it if he doesn't give any signs of recovering.
>>
>>29208743
This is why you don't fucking let your cats outside.
>>
I feel you, bro.

I grew up with cats, I always had cats.I believed I was cursed or something, my cats kept dying after a year. Always crushed by cars. One day I was going to school and what I saw just broke me. I saw my cat lying on the road, I ran toward him but he was dead. I kept crying all day.
All these cats who died after a year were males. My female cat I had for 5 years now didn't disappear (she did once, for about 2 weeks, man I was worrying so much, she came back really skinny, no more than 1kg).
>>
>>29209044
>I was expecting a stupid faggot who is unable to comprehend the feeling. Get the fuck off this board.
I think he was pissed that he told you he could feel for you and you turned it into a pissing contest by saying "at least your cat was older than 3 boohoohoo". You were the asshole there.
>>
>>29208743
You should get more opinions from other vets before ending his life.

You should look in to getting a bespoke made wheelchair for him. You could possibly have it rigged up with a water spout like hamsters use and a little ledge to rest his head.

However, you should also take the vets opinion in to account, but get more opinions and ask the vet about whether they could arrange a wheelchair to be made, offer to pay them well for it.

If all the vets you speak too say put him down, then do as they say.

It'snot just about whether he can move or not, it's also about the pain he is in.
>>
>>29212840
Why would you put the cat down if there's a chance it will get better?
>>
>>29213139
Oh then I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to sound like that, I'm too much of an aspie to pay attention to such details.

>>29213169
The things haven't settled down yet. But thing is, it's frightening to think that there are some significant odds for him not to recover.

>>29213219
This.
>>
>>29208743

I want a cat so I can add it to the few reasons to keep me from offing myself but I don't want something like this to happen to me.
>>
I feel you OP, my cat is 14 years old and I grew up with him and really throughout my life he's been the only friend I could really trust and feel love from. Now that he's getting he's looking healthy but sometimes his age would reveal his weakness and I can't bear to see him try to do the thing he used to and fail, looking confused and desperate, it makes me feel like killing myself and I know that when he's gone I'll probably never be able to accept it, I'll never be able to replace him and I don't even know if I'll be able to carry on with my own life.

He's not gone yet, but he's reached the average cat's lifespan and every time I look at him the moment feels so transient, like I'd never be able to catch him before he's gone.
>>
Just get another fucking cat, it will act the same towards you as your old cat.
>>
>>29213333
Just don't think about that as long as he's not sick or bound to his deathbed, keep yours and his mind busy with mre cheerful things.

>>29213397
Doesn't work like that if you have attached to a cat.
>>
hope your cat gets better OP, take good care of it.
>>
>>29208743
My cat died earlier this year, some heart problems, he was 8.
I had to see and hear him cry in agony before he was put down, trying to calm him.
It was fucking horrible, and I still felt like utter shit for 2 weeks straight, it becomes much less, though.
Best of luck man, shit sucks.
>>
Going to bed now, thanks for all the good wishes!
>>
>>29208980

what the fuck? no. don't be a dumbass gentile.
>>
>>29213446
Get a kitten OP
>>
>>29208743
I'm sorry OP
I hope you find strength through the heartache
>>
>>29208743

just be a reasonable person and cut your losses, you will feel better afterwards
>>
>>29208743
>tfw never had a pet because my brother doesn't like them

I really want a dog. I have no friends and I'll be a lonely KHV forever but I like going out for walks and I think a dog would cheer me up. Any suggestions?
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.