[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: race day.png (2 MB, 1009x757) Image search: [Google]
race day.png
2 MB, 1009x757
Who here runs races here? it literally turned my life around.
> be me, 25 yo male
> broke up with gf a year ago
> wallowing in the mud everyday
> Had the thought "lets get my shit together"
> started running
>sucked hard at first, couldn't run even a mile.
> kept at it.
> I started running three times a week,
> feels good man, real good.
> I just ran my first official race last night.
> Shit was awesome, I surprised myself even.
> did 4 miles without stopping once.
> 8 minutes miles man.
>finished 4 miles in 35.13.
> fucking sweet.jpeg
> such a surreal feeling when you cross the finish line and there's like 400 people cheering for you.

You can pull yourself out. I was gonna off myself... don't lose hope.
>>
>he fell for the normie running meme
>>
>>29207873
Post your routine son
>>
>>29207873
fuck off with your sports normie
>>>/sp/
>>
>>29207918
Yeah so on alternating days, Mon, Weds, Fri, I run 3 miles. I know it sounds gay but it really helped me. I feel so much better know then I ever have. I just listen to my music and go at it. Its seriously a mental thing, You just need to be like "fuck it, I'm running today no matter what". It pays off.
>>
>>29207873
You should join the military
They do a lot of running there, some branches promote you faster if you run good.
>>
>>29207873
I don't run races but I have to run because of my job

My 4 mile time is 30 minutes because I'm lazy and don't workout on my own
>>
>>29207900
what are you even talking about? I browse r9k all the time and have never seen anything about running. By saying shit like "normie running meme" I know that you're a person who hasn't ran in their whole life. Eat your Cheetos and Mt. Dew and have a heart attack at 40 idc. Just thought I would share something that turned me around.
>>
>>29208093
Do you do other workouts in addition to running?
>>
>>29207873
Yes, my dude.

I just started a month ago. I'm doing two miles at a time at a pace of 10'30". I know that's not very impressive but I'm proud of myself for sticking to it.

I'm also using myfitnesspal and I've dropped 10lbs. I'm looking to drop another 10lbs so I can get to 180lbs since I'm 5'11".

The problem is that it gets so damn hot in Georgia and there are too many niggers around. I gotta drive to the white areas so I don't get harassed for gibs.
>>
Ignore the upset betas, OP, I am also a runner and I will say good for you! I am glad that you found something positive and rewarding in your life! Have you ever looked into doing a mudrun? They're like obstacle courses, usually about 5K distances.
>>
>>29208228
Thanks man, that means a lot. Mudruns sound cool! I've never heard of them though, I'm gonna check them out right now
>>
>>29208220
10:30 is about where I started. Just keep at it, you'll feel so much better in life. Know that I'm proud of you.
>>
>>29208192
Just running for now, but yeah, I'd like to start lifting more often. Get those gains.
>>
I recently started running however I haven't gone in 2 weeks due to stress from exams + it's really fucking cold.

I know that's a really lame excuse but man is it hard to muster up the strength to go when you have all this shit weighing over your head.
>>
>>29207873
I jog on and off. Started three years ago. My record was around 9 miles in 2 hours.

My current girlfriend wanted to lose some weight so we started together. Went from 3 km to 7 km in one month. It's easy, our bodies were made to do it. Goes great with my gym routine as well.
>>
>>29208454
I know where you're coming from. I'm from PA on the east coast where it gets god damn freezing. But I kinda think that it's nice to run in cooler weather. Beats the humidity.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.