[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lottery feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: cantdodgetheodds.png (446 KB, 492x479) Image search: [Google]
cantdodgetheodds.png
446 KB, 492x479
Another $18 spent on MegaMillions yesterday and jack shit won. Gonna go buy a bunch of fucking Powerball tickets today.
>>
>>29203042
you got the best lesson of them all by loosing it but you keep refusing to learn it
>>
>>29203042
>playing lotto
I thought spergs were supposed to be good at math.
>>
File: 1465285767645.jpg (26 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1465285767645.jpg
26 KB, 327x316
>>29203042
>paying the stupid people tax

pls no
>>
>>29203042
What a delusional cunt. He actually thought winning the lottery would've made him happy event hough he already had a BMW and rich dad who got him anything.
>>
>>29203063
>>29203067
>>29203076
receive the same cirticisms and I ask the same question every thread: Got a better idea for how to acheive financial liberation fast? Only things that have been suggested are way too much risk all at once, whereas lottery tickets only cost $1-2 each.

I don't have rich parents like Elliot, am not good with computer, like to be outside most of the time, been NEET for 3 years and no driving lisence.
>>
>>29203133
you aren't going to win at tard tax.
you might as well be burning your money or blowing it on little plastic girl figurines.
>>
>>29203133
>Got a better idea for how to acheive financial liberation fast?
yes, get a job
>>
>>29203042
>Playing lotto over normal gambling
>Gambling to win not to play

retard
>>
>>29203288
key word is fast. Fuck being a wagecuck or careerslave. In a rational level suicide is preferable to that life, but I am very happy person, I buy lottery tickets out of delusional optimism, not depressed desperation. The mental resolution of the issue is the belief that everything will be OK even if I never win the lottery, will find some way to live a happy and healthy lifestyle without having to have a job or career.

>>29203196
and then reselling them to weaboos and pedophiles on ebay?
>>
>>29203042
>falling for the lottery meme
there is a higher chance of you dying on the way to get your tickets, than actually winning.
come on, OP, why would you actually pay money for a chance to get millions that is so small, it's laughable?
>>
>>29203310
>normal gambling
I don't have access to real life normal gambling, but can walk to any 7-11 and buy lottery tickets any time
>>
>>29203368
>I dont have a computer

wat
>>
>>29203354
The lottery owners in your state must love people like you.
>>
>>29203196
mostly I like to fantasize about how I would ruin the lives of the people I hate if I won
>>
>>29203358
because its literally my only hope of ever being financially liberated- able to enjoy a high quality affluent lifestyle without having to have a job or do any type of "work" where I "earn" money in order to maintain it. I'm too old for this shit, done nothing with my life financially, and don't want to waste another day having not won the lottery already. Inshallah I win the powerball jackpot tomorrow and my reality aligns with the circumstances.
>>
>>29203133
you like to gamble? good, thats a good thing but you are small time. You settle with only gambeling a couple bucks once in a while.
I have a way better gamble with more chances of winning, sure it pays less but its a sure thing. Catch is that you are putting your life down as the token but picture this its a gamble where you are actually allowed to better your chances more and more indifinetly and your token has a few docen uses so you can brush off the first couple times you dont win and the more you win the better the price gets.
I think you understand what im talking about, most people playing are morons because they settle with getting their chances up to 40 to 50% so they have a few wins and thats it but you could get yours way up there
>>
>>29203395
>gambling over the internet
Too scary

>>29203405
No, their ideal lottery player is a caeercuck who spends $100 a week on lottery, not a NEET

>>29203406
I don't associate with haters and love everybody, though I never give anyone personal donation whether I win the lottery or not
>>
>>29203354
any job can give you financial liberation after a month of working
>>
>>29203042
Count how much you spend on that thing over a period of time, then compare it to your winnings, then make your decision based on that.
>>
>>29203473
financial liberation is not the same thing as financial independence, and neither do you get form work. You are dependent on your employer to receive money, and you having money depends on spending most of your life reporting to work for 9 hours 5 days a week.* What job could I possibly work for only one month and never have to work the rest of my life?

*Full time job would be too soul sucking for me no matter how much it pays, and I rarely bother applying for part time jobs because I would pay that much per week just to not have to work.
>>
>>29203429
its not, if all you care about is the fleeting chance you wont have to work again go work 3 years in an oil rig saving every penny and if you survive you can use the money to buy the shittiest apartent in the shittyest town and load it with years and years of rice and ramen
>able to enjoy a high quality affluent lifestyle without having to have a job or do any type of "work" where I "earn" money in order to maintain it
nobody that ever won the lottery achieved this, spending too much money its not sustainable if there isnt more money coming in. Even if you got all that money taking a buisness off the ground to the point of having mansion money coming in every month would take you a lifetime
>>
mate you might aswell pray for money for all the good it's going to give you
>>
>>29203546
are you familiar with the piramid structure? what percentage of a higly affluential buisness do you think its owners?
people who only dream about being incredibly rich without putting any sorth of effort are beyond pathetic, if you win that money you will end up in the news in a couple years as another lottery winner that lost it all and commited suicide
>>
>>29203042
You will not win the lottery, ever. Stop spending your money on that shit bro.
>>
>>29203682
But what if he does? XD you never know
>>
>>29203612
regardless of how realistic the chances of winning a lottery jackpot, it is a realistic possibility to not go full retard with the money, spend and save in such a way that it lasts you for the next 50-80 years of your life.

>>29203665
If you were born a 3 million dollar trust fund babby you'd probably be a careercuck anyway because you wouldn't know what to do with yourself and feel guilty about not having to work but being rich. I am not limited by such mental blocks, and can continue to live happy and enjoyable life after winning the lottery. I don't expect it will make me any happier than I am now, and thats ok. Meanwhile having any job will make me seriously depressed. No matter what it is, or how much it pays, just having to be somewhere at a specific time and spend 9 hours of the day there is shitty fuckity shit.
>>
>>29203731
what are your chances of winning? would you agree to take a couple hundred tickets from me if the penalty for loosing meant death? how many tickets would it take for you to take the gamble? and dont say 50% or something stupid like that
>>
>>29203775
there is no penalty for losing except wasted money, or voluntary tax/donation to the government.
>>
>>29203731
I'm willing to bet $1 million that he won't win in his lifetime, and I would get that $1 million too. The chances are so fucking low you can almost guarantee that you won't win.
>>
>get rich quick!
Yeah, you can't handle the money anyways. You sound like a child.
>>
>>29203810
how about a taste of your own medicine- would you bet your life that he never wins the lottery, so if OP wins the Powerball tomorrow you will literally kill yourself?
>>
>>29203832
What do I have to gain from that? I would lose my life if I lose. What would I win?
>>
>>29203042
>Rodger had thousands he could have used to buy himself the highest teir blonde callgirl in LA

>blew $2000 of it on lottery tickets
>>
>>29203878
he didn't want to have sex with prostitutes
>>
>>29203844
humility
>>
>>29203761
>realistic possibility to not go full retard with the money
it is for an educated person but educated people dont play the lottery
imagine you win, you go on a very expensive vacation, buy yourself a house and a couple of cars because its not a big thing right? you have tons of money
but not anymore, from the moment you won you will only get poorer with every step and there is 50 years of steps in front of you, you are now rich minus a vacation, a house and two cars. Do you think you can handle that kind of life? of course you do because you are a retard.
You will bleed money forever having the worst credit in the world, once a good chunk is gone and it will hapen no matter what you do you will get desperated, you had the money so you didnt bother to reach the point of making the money in the first place. The only job you can do is retail. That money is all you got in your life there is no family or friends either because both are money holes
>>29203761
thats the problem. People who win the lottery dont get into college with it to become lawyers or doctors because they are already rich and they dont realize that having money means shit if you are not earning money.
Thats the whole secret, rich people get into amazing debt that far exceeds their money to invest because more money will come. It building a town near a lake vs a river, its buying months of fruit vs an apple tree
>>
>>29203807
>there is no penalty in a lifetime of mediocrity and constantly having blind dreams of greatness.
You are already gambeling your life away you retard, how many tickets would you buy until you die? it would be faster for everyone if i double the amount and cut the whole process short a couple decades
>>
>>29203920
tl dr what makes a rich person rich is not money but a money source even if you win the lottery you would never be rich
>>
>>29203907
A whole lifetime of lottery tickets, if he wins once I die? I have nothing to gain from that other than "I'm right". There's no point in doing that. I don't care enough about some degenerate's opinion who thinks he's actually going to win the lottery.
>>
>>29203878
>>29203895
he had a crush on a specific girl who he was probably to shy to talk to, hence his hatred of 'hot BLONDE sluts'
>>
>>29203972
if you won the lottery, it would take you maybe one month to figure out how to invest that money into ownership of passive income sources that you could live on indefinitely.

with tens of millions of dollars, you could buy enough rental properties to collect hundreds of thousands of dollars per month in rent. The building I live in sold for about $16 mil and rents for about 50,000 a month. if you had 100 mil, you could be collecting 300,000 per month in rents while still keeping several MILLION dollars for yourself.

That's rich as fuck.
>>
>>29204035
it was way more than that not that you ever bothered to dip your toe in the pool that was elliots rodgers fucking excuse of a life
you just heard from someone DUDE VIRGIN LMAO and that was it
>>
File: 00943.jpg (78 KB, 793x595) Image search: [Google]
00943.jpg
78 KB, 793x595
>>29203920
>educated people do X
>educated people don't do Y
*tips fedora*

If you win the lottery just buy a condo, a car, and take a few vacations a year, and basically do whatever you want.

Also, most people who win the lottery take the lump sum payout and most people who win the lottery go full retard and lose it all. See the correlation? Even if you have the financial experience to make more money after 30 years investing the lump sum, everyone under 45 who wins the lottery should absolutely take the default payment plan, which gives you security, prevents you from spending it all at once, and allows you to learn form your mistake if you do go full retard with money one year early on.

>>29203957
over 9000

>>29203972
If you won the lottery you could have many income generating portfolios/investments that keep generating revenue for the rest of your life and for any children or charities you will them to.
>>
>>29204097
>win lottery
>inmediately gamble half the money away in te second biggest scam in the world
oh boy, does your mother walk you outside on a leash?
>>
File: 847.jpg (150 KB, 866x640) Image search: [Google]
847.jpg
150 KB, 866x640
>>29204097
and you wouldn't need to do the hard/dirty work yourself, have professional account managers for your portfolios, and have real estate investment funds rather than have to physically manage and maintain rental properties yourself.

>>29204127
do your research, and don't be afraid to let money sit in the bank until you know what you're doing.
>>
>>29204106
demonizing these people and calling them scum is probably just aggravating other mentally ill people, not a good idea
>>
>current year
>Actually thinking you'll be lucky enough to win the lottery
>>
>>29204113
because that worked perfectly for evryone else in the past. Do me a solid, win the lottery and see if you can get a bank to approove a loan for you to buy that condo i mean you got money right? loaning to you is a no brainer
>anyone under 45 who wins the lottery should get the default payment plan
most people who win are old because old people are the ones who play the most, im sure having a lock in your money will make it last longer and wont totally get you broke to the point you eat rice until the next payment wich will go to making up for the last money defcit

i love the i never had more than 60 dollars in my wallet at a time but let me tell you how better than you i would handle 20 million meme
you dont get rich looking for gold you stupid piece of shit, want to make your money grow? grab all the cash and offer it as a price to whoever gets a piece of papper with all 7 matching numbers. Stupidity is truly americas greatest resource
>>
>>29204167
how about you use a stupid miniscule amount of that money to pay for a free ride to a harvard economy deegree or math or buisness and abstain of making any big expense at least until you are done and have 3 people working under you and 10 years of experience you big reatard?
would you give 100 million dollars to a person who failed highschool with a whole month of research to invest in your name?
>>
File: PowerballGen_0802.jpg (69 KB, 654x368) Image search: [Google]
PowerballGen_0802.jpg
69 KB, 654x368
>>29204265
>win the lottery
>take out loan
Why not just live within your means? And spend sustainably. Only time to take out a loan would be for the gap between claiming the ticket and collecting first check.

>>29204326
Trying to become financially liberated after 15 years working/studying feels even more pathetic than lottery gambling.
>>
>>29203042

Britbong here The jackpot tonight is 19.7 million bongs.

I don't know if you see my threads that I sometimes make, but I buy the lottery too and think of you when I buy my tickets, see this thread I made

>>29145598

If I win tonight, I'd happily spare you a few $$$$, and would even take you to Isla vista on the pilgrimage if you wanted

I'll wish you luck tonight on the powerball anon, Hopefully I win something on the britbong lottery too
>>
>>29204113
>>29204167

Keep these tickets as proof it's you anon. If I win the britbong lottery tonight, or even if I just win 20,000 I'll send you a bit of money
>>
File: mega-millions-tickets.jpg (93 KB, 384x454) Image search: [Google]
mega-millions-tickets.jpg
93 KB, 384x454
>>29204496
>not flying out to Cali and buying lottery tickets at Calabasas Ralphs
Step it up nigga

>I bought my first Lottery ticket when I went out shopping with my mother one day. We stopped at
Ralph's where I noticed the Lottery machine. I didn't know anything about the Lottery, so I asked my
mother about it. She told me how it works and taught me how to buy a ticket. Each ticket provides a
very small chance of winning millions of dollars, and the jackpot could rise to the hundreds of millions. I
couldn't believe it. I didn't know such a thing existed! After buying my ticket, I felt thrilled with the
prospect of having a chance to become a multi-millionaire. That ticket, of course, didn't win. And neither
would any of the tickets I buy after it, but they would give me hope.
I never thought nor cared about money before I turned 18, because I was still living like a child, with
my parents handling the money and giving me the things I needed. However, the more older I grew, the
more I realized how important money was, and the more obsessed I would become about getting rich.
This obsession, which was barely taking root at the time, sparked a long relationship the Lottery that
would only end in disappointment and despair.
>>
>>29204657
>not flying out to Cali and buying lottery tickets at Calabasas Ralphs
>Step it up nigga

I can dream anon, I'm a poorfag and winning the lottery is actually my only hope of ever making a pilgrimage to Calabasas/Isla Vista etc.

I'm glad you quoted that passage from My Twisted World. I've read that bit many times.

I also like the bit where he drives all the way to Arizona just for some Powerball tickets.

But yeah, keep the tickets you buy today for proof just incase I win 20,000 bongs or more and I'll send you a little something to buy more lottery tickets with (or more if I hit the 19.7 million jackpot)
>>
File: 558.jpg (1 MB, 1913x2640) Image search: [Google]
558.jpg
1 MB, 1913x2640
>>29204700
Do you also play smaller lotto games? I also play this often, which has odd of only 1/570,000 to win $70k-$470k jackpot. If I won this, I would be more willing to sacrifice money doing things like getting lisence and car in addiction to buy more tickets.
>>
You have a 1 in a million chance to get the jackpot. You have a higher chance of dying tomorrow.

Just get into gambling, like alphas. Don't be a beta and buy lottery tickets.
>>
>>29203470
why not? rewarding loyalty and punishing betrayal is the whole point of getting rich
>>
>>29204771

Not really, there is also a 'Euromillions' which is the Europoor equivalent of powerball with much larger jackpots and worse odds (because multiple countries play it) which I play sometimes though when the jackpot goes over 50 million.
>>
>>29203470
What are you a sixty year old retard who thinks everything on the internet is a scam? There are certified legal sites, if anything you are more sure you aren't getting scammed.
>>
File: SupremeElliot.png (550 KB, 875x557) Image search: [Google]
SupremeElliot.png
550 KB, 875x557
>>29203042

Elliot went to Girsh park after realising he had not won the jackpot
>>
>>29203042
still haven't won the lottery eh?
>>
I've decided I'm going to drop $50 or so on some Powerball tickets later today.

I have a really good feeling about today.
>>
File: SensibleInvesting.jpg (137 KB, 814x1215) Image search: [Google]
SensibleInvesting.jpg
137 KB, 814x1215
>This whole, goddam, fucking, blissfully, cumstained, kekkity, shiggy thread.

Buy index funds monthly and become frugal. It's the only sure way to achieve financial independence. It's very basic magic, but this thread reeks of muggles, so I might have wasted my time typing that. :^)
>>
>>29208719
You're not going to win. Wasted $50.
>>
>>29208846
>That feel when VTIAX has sucked balls over the last 10 years but bogleheads keep posting le international meme
I'm going 100% VTSAX
>>
>>29208875
As long as you buy and hold I don't care what funds you hold. The idea of poor people buying lottery it saddens me endlessly.
>>
>>29208904
r9k are retards and they'll never invest. same with most people.

I advised one of my coworkers to invest in his roth ira while he's young (he's under 25). He doesn't, instead, he bought $900 headphones, and 6 weeks later he's looking at $1700 headphones. People are dumb.
>>
>>29208941
I hear you, but it takes very little from me to try to tell people what I would have liked to hear when I was in high school.

If they want, they'll listen. If not, it's not my problem. Stay strong.
>>
>>29209001
yep, well done

to r9k: the first step is getting a job, and no, it's not 'soul sucking'. if you can't survive a simple job there's something wrong with you. you're weak.
>>
>>29209061
>you're weak.
Depression can do that. Go see a doctor if that's the case. That's literally what they're there for: healing illnesses.
>>
Kek OP keep wasting your money. Some nigger is going to win it
>>
>Paying the government money for a 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance at winning millions.

Yeah, you must be retarded. Take the $5 or however much you were planning on spending on mega millions jackpot tickets and buy yourself a nice beer.
>>
Why is it always the elderly who win it?
>>
If you play atleast play only one line, spending more money on an insignificant extra chance is stupid.
>>
>>29203042

The person who wins the lottery will have had people tell them "haha, paying the retard tax" and things like "the odds are so small, you know you'll never win it right?"

The person who wins the lottery thought they were deluding themselves when buying a ticket, they thought they were wasting a few dollars. They were all wrong
>>
>>29204326
>this loser thinks schools are not just slave brainwashing and dumbing down centers
you clueless wretched slave, you have no idea.
>>
the lottery is fixed, most big winners are jewish actors.

you are a sheep slave.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.