[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't keep up with it all anymore Guys, I'm scared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 11
File: tomwaits.png (99 KB, 259x358) Image search: [Google]
tomwaits.png
99 KB, 259x358
>can't keep up with it all anymore
Guys, I'm scared of what it means to disconnect from here.
>>
>>29202464
Explain and elaborate.

Also, nice Tom Waits.
>>
File: Tom Waits 7.jpg (484 KB, 1442x2490) Image search: [Google]
Tom Waits 7.jpg
484 KB, 1442x2490
Are you another Tom Waits fan?
Good taste.

Also, you can never leave, I'm sorry.
>>
I'm going to post some comfy Tom Waits songs as I think of them.

https://youtu.be/DrxpOlL5z94
>>
File: Tom Waits 4.jpg (18 KB, 345x441) Image search: [Google]
Tom Waits 4.jpg
18 KB, 345x441
>>29202641
Here's what I think is his comfiest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN0uBPt0UOA
>>
File: imagesWSHAE59L.jpg (4 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
imagesWSHAE59L.jpg
4 KB, 212x238
>>29202670
That's pretty good, anon. Here's a few more.

https://youtu.be/RzF2XqEiNX8

https://youtu.be/eux2qnnslac

https://youtu.be/hUE-ic_Q0g4
>>
Oh, fuck yes, Tom Waits posting. Mah niggas
>>
>>29202593
Trying to keep up with everything in my life. I can't find the will to do anything these days. Just being a do-nothing drifter.
>>29202609
Yes, these songs are comfy.
>>
File: Tom Waits 1.jpg (286 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tom Waits 1.jpg
286 KB, 1000x1000
>>29202720
Very good taste my anon, I especially like Come On Up To The House, but I do love the Coney Island song too. I'm surprised you know it considering Blood Money, Alice, and The Black Rider are fairly lesser known Tom albums since they're just soundtracks for plays. But really good stuff anon, I hadn't heard Come On Up for a while so that's gone into my list.
>>29202742
He's great, huh? Love him.
>>
File: Tom Waits 6.jpg (265 KB, 1000x1498) Image search: [Google]
Tom Waits 6.jpg
265 KB, 1000x1498
>>29202756
I know that feel man. Just everything feels like way too much effort. Are you a student, wagecuck, or NEET? Either way work is work and I know it's tough to do. Do you feel like it's a depression/too sad to do stuff feeling, or is it more of a complete lack of energy?
>>
File: TheHeartofSaturdayNight.jpg (74 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
TheHeartofSaturdayNight.jpg
74 KB, 300x300
>>29202771
Bloody Money is one of my favorite albums and the album that first introduced me to Waits, as a matter of fact.

>>29202756
Same. When life gets overwhelming, you've just got to take life one day at a time, in my experience.

https://youtu.be/Dixxse4dpQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg7wRhtYXnw
>>
File: Tom Waits 20.jpg (198 KB, 594x492) Image search: [Google]
Tom Waits 20.jpg
198 KB, 594x492
>>29202900
Well that's really neat, keep on being cool anon I like ya!
>>
>>29202786
I'm a student. 5 years in this college muck trying to get through really because with my parents there is no other negotiation. Trying figure out where the hell I am going in life and living with hopeful but disappointed parents.
I'm not sure what the cause is. It's something along the lines of too depressed/lazy/unmotivated/loneliness/. I try to follow suggestions on many different topics discussed here and many times it seems as there is too many things for me to handle. It all ends up piling onto a list.

tl;dr I'm stuck in a valley surrounded by huge mountains
>>
File: Tom_Waits-Blood_Money.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Tom_Waits-Blood_Money.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>29202973
Thanks.

https://youtu.be/DIDEeaow-qc
>>
File: Tom Waits 19.jpg (60 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
Tom Waits 19.jpg
60 KB, 333x500
>>29202981
I understand that anon. Let me tell ya, 99% of advice is shit, because it's so strict, so long winded, and so personalized to the advice giver, that it's not even helpful.

Maybe even my advice will fall under that banner, but I'll try to give you some general advice that at least helps me:
Just do it. I know, it's a meme, it's a slogan, and so on, but it helps. I know there's so many things that people tell you to do, rules to follow, but here's what I mean- narrow things down to exactly the minimum you need to do to succeed. Right now, you have college, and all you need to do is pass, then move on to a career. Don't worry about all the relationship junk, don't worry about making tons of friends, don't worry about where you will end up ultimately in what shoes in what building in what career at whatever point, just do the bare minimum to succeed, and fill the rest of your time with things you are either passionate about, or at the very least enjoy.

Just find the coursework you have to do, and do it. Don't put it off, find it, work hard on it while listening to some tunes, finish, then put all that shit away for the day and do things you enjoy.

Having this and that and go to the gym and maintain this friendship and pursue this girl and do this kegel in your mean time and read in the off time to yada yada yada. Do the bare minimum for now, your coursework, then make sure to fill the rest of your time with something you can enjoy.
Then if you really want, once you feel a bit more in control, pursue relationships, do what you think you need to to be happy, but otherwise just keep in mind the bare minimum still works, and that it's most important to maximize the time you spend doing things you like. That is really the key to happiness really-minimizing things you dislike, maximizing that which you do.

Don't worry about pursuing a lot of things at once and clouding up your life. Simplicity is best.
>>
>>29203101
I find it kind of funny that in a way this is my exact problem. I've always tried to get by just doing the bare minimum to get through and now it's coming back to haunt me. The answer here all this time was to put in the extra effort to read/study/practice. Look at me, telling you the answer to my problems; I'm a wreck.
There's a lot of truth but also pitfalls to the "one step at a time" idea but it would take me another half hour to write it all out. Thanks for replying to me.
>>
File: Tom Waits 18.jpg (139 KB, 736x1122) Image search: [Google]
Tom Waits 18.jpg
139 KB, 736x1122
>>29203396
Sorry it took a while to respond, I had to take off for a bit.

I can understand that, too- my issue was always that I had done too much or tried to do too much at least, and it helped me to cut a lot of that out.

Well if you know the solution, I really hope you will pursue it. Just remember not to fill all of your time with work, it just becomes absolutely toxic to your happiness.

Maybe making a schedule or some sort of order for all the things you need to do would help.

The one thing I know for sure is that you seem overwhelmed more than anything, and while I agree the "one step at a time" idea has pitfalls, in this situation it would be very effective. Take things day by day. Map out exactly what you have to do each day, try to do it early on, and there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. When overwhelmed, the issue is you cannot see that light- you're just too swamped. So divide things up, procrastinate on some things, remember that taking it easy is sometimes the best strategy.

I wish I could give much better and more helpful advice, but I'm no guru. Just trying to help a fellow robot.

I really, truly wish you the best of luck, and give you my best wishes. You can do it, I believe in you, I know that you are capable of doing all these things that you need to do. Define the work, then do it. Scheduling, taking it easy most of the time, and defining what work exactly needs to be done helps a lot with being overwhelmed.

Good luck friend, I really hope things turn out for you!
>>
>>29203765
Thanks, anon. You're right that the biggest thing here is overloading. I will try to make some progress. Truthfully, it is extremely hard for me to stick to schedules without cheating but I will try to force myself to read some more. For now, I'm going to go to sleep on all this. Thanks for the music if that was you - the songs were good.
>>
>>29203926
I posted most of the music, and the other anon provided the thoughtful tips. Glad you liked it. Sleep well.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.