[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have no friends >everyone i message continuously ignores
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
>have no friends
>everyone i message continuously ignores me
>people tell me to "go out and meet people"
>I have no reason to leave the house
>decide to try it out
>go to mall
>wander around alone awkwardly
>after an hour of funny looks I cant take any more
>go back home
>tfw no life
>>
File: thissucks.jpg (46 KB, 496x559) Image search: [Google]
thissucks.jpg
46 KB, 496x559
>>29201644
iktf op. I am friendless and I go out to public places only to be alone there. it's like I cant do anything to escape my loneliness. I feel helpless and frustrated
>>
>>29201644
iktf I'm right there. I don't have friends anymore. I'm isolating myself. I'm on my way out, friends.
>>
I have "friends", but only because i'm in my last year of high school. I don't speak to them much because i feel like i have nothing important to say and half of them are shit cunts anyway. Seriously anon, friends are overrated. I like being alone.
>>
Having no real friends is an endless trap. people make friends through other friends, so when you have 0 people you ever see, you are not going to meet anyone new.
>>
>>29201644
>go to a mall to meet people

I'm sorry anon you're fucking dumb
>>
I just dont get how the fuck im supposed to do it. "Go out and meet people?" So what the fuck am i supposed to do, talk some people up at Applebys? "Hey man that looks like a pretty good steak! Have you played Max Payne 3?" Bullshit. And where else should i go? The mall? Wha...I....What the fuck how does this shit work?
>>
I cant believe I am starting to miss high school.
at least there, you had tons of people your age all around you. even if you hated most of them, you could still get along with a few. being social was easy. Now the only people I talk to are the few that I work with. who often are not people I could really be friends with, so I just stay alone forever. I have tried college a little bit, but it is so dull, and no one even talks to each other.

I am almost 22, and I feel like the "best time of my life" is all going to be wasted...
>>
If you're religious a really good place to meet people is church.
>>
>>29202805
>live in SLC
>half the girls around are mormon
>other half are rebellious anti mormon
>no sane middle ground
its like this place is a constant battle, and there is no place for those who just dont care...
>>
>>29202656

You either meet people at work, or you meet them through specific places to meet people.

These places are bars, conventions, clubs, places where people take vacations, church, and meetup type things (like specific socializing events that are organized around a certain subject, possibly just meeting people). Meeting random people in public is very rare unless you are a really social person. People totally meet people in public places like malls or whatever, but they are fucking mutants and I don't know how they do it because unless you do it right, most people are probably going to think "why is this dude bothering me right now? I just want to go shopping."
>>
>>29202841
haha well, here in the land down under, things are pretty chill. Churches are friendly, laid-back places. Even though i'm not religious i didn't mind going when my parents went.
>>
File: 1437890086430.jpg (89 KB, 526x588) Image search: [Google]
1437890086430.jpg
89 KB, 526x588
I have two friends that I've known since we were kids but they're autistic shut-ins. One asks me to hang out sometimes, but that means sit in his room and play vidya and look at funny pictures and such. The other one tags along sometimes but he's not the sort of person to reach out to others. He's perfectly okay sitting around playing Runescape alone for weeks on end.

We aren't really all that similar. We don't have the same viewpoints or interests. I can't talk about what I like to talk about with them because they just shut down, and all they want to talk about is anime parodies and games. When I was 14 that was alright, but holy shit I'm wanting more these days.

I had a friend once that I thought understood how I felt. He and I shared a lot of beliefs and when we talked it seemed like I finally met someone who got it.

But then he fucked the girl he knew I liked. So I don't really trust anyone anymore. I wish I had friends I could actually do things with. I don't know where to find them, and as life goes on and I get older it gets harder to find people to connect with as their lives move on and they have families and real jobs and have no time for anything else.

Oh well. Maybe in the next life I'll have family and friends that I actually feel a connection to and it won't be so lonely.
>>
op i'd be your friend but youd probably stop talking to me
>>
Why can't there be an /r9k/ meet-up? fellow robots coming together to meet and be friends?
>>
>>29202983
antisocial / shy people typically dont get along so well together. theres nothing to fuel a friendship when neither one initiates anything
>>
>>29202499
You won't be saying that shit six years in, bud.
>>
>>29201644
OP, would you say that you get more "energized" from being alone and mentally stimulated, as opposed to going out and interacting with people?
>>
File: marshallapplewhite.jpg (133 KB, 512x386) Image search: [Google]
marshallapplewhite.jpg
133 KB, 512x386
fellow robots come together meet and be friends
>>
>>29203058
if I am in a comfortable social environment, and I am included in conversations, being accepted, I could go on for a long time, and I enjoy it a lot. But if I am awkwardly being pushed out of conversations and being ignored, I immediately want to run and hide at my computer... I just hardly ever find people I click well with I guess
>>
File: 1435177897306.jpg (12 KB, 200x243) Image search: [Google]
1435177897306.jpg
12 KB, 200x243
>>29202925
>had a close friend you looked up to who fucked the girl he knew you liked

Twice now, senpai. I guess the real lesson here is never tell anybody things that can be used against you.

Of course, that's pretty much everything, and probably why we're here.
>>
>>29201644
dont just go to some shitty mall you idiot.
Go to a museum or a concert or something.
If you dont want to spend a lot of money,
just go bycicle for a day or something and go chill in some park. Its pretty nice weather after all.

t . anon with no friends
>>
File: 1454237934362.png (1 MB, 623x955) Image search: [Google]
1454237934362.png
1 MB, 623x955
>>29203169
Happened to me twice too, but the first time it wasn't that big of a deal because it turned out she and I wouldn't have been a good match anyway. Still, he knew my intentions and got with her all the same.

But the second one was the only person I've ever met that I thought could have been a true friend. We used to talk for hours about stuff, and he would say things that I'd never even thought of but agreed with. It was great, but it only lasted for a month. He knew very well my desires with this other girl.

But she gave me my chance and I didn't take it. She thus thought I wasn't interested and moved on to him. But instead of telling her to at least wait until he told me they went ahead and did it and he told me about it sometime later. I knew that night my time with both of them was over, and I can't remember feeling more hollow than I felt that night.

I would have never done that to him or anyone I considered my friend. Still, I learned a few lessons; don't trust other people with your emotions and intentions and don't get too close to anyone too quickly.
>>
You don't need a reason to go outside, just fucking do it, and enjoy yourself. Look at the nature, the city, the people- don't fucking wander around the mall in circles for an hour or sit on a bench staring at your phone. You rarely actually meet people wandering around by yourself or riding transit, but it does happen. Protip: Have a believable backstory to tell people, because normies usually only go outside to get form place to place for some particular purpose, and it would be weird if you are just randomly walking down the street or riding the bus for the fuck of it.

Also, if you do want to actually meet people then go to events and activties. Plenty of other things besides bar/clubbing shit. Find events based on fitness, food, culture, philosophy, etc. and go to them and participate. Don't expect to be social every time, sometime everyone will just leave after without talking to anyone else, but if you go outside and actually do things long enough, you will develop social skills and reduce your shyness.
>>
I don't know how to make friends, I have like 3 people I talk to occasionally on weekends and I am only friends with them because of school

Most of the time when I'm not working I just stare at my computer screen, I don't even enjoy sitting on 4chan but I have no other way to spend my time
>>
>>29203052
you're probably right

fuck off 4chan this comment is original
>>
Normies meet people through school and work, exclusively

"Go out and meet people" is like "bee yourself" an empty platitude that even normies themselves don't follow
>>
File: 1444451111935.jpg (283 KB, 1441x930) Image search: [Google]
1444451111935.jpg
283 KB, 1441x930
>>29203484
>Normies meet people through school and work, exclusively
False. Normies meet people through socializing with people they already know, they have house parties and other such social gatherings where they meet their friends friends friends and naturally keep making more and more friends every time they open their mouth. When normies tell you 'go out and meet people, they assume you would do the same thing, not try and talk to random people outside or someone from work/school you never talked to much before.
>>
>>29203626
No, they don't.

I'm a cyborg with a large circle of minor friends, and get invited to plenty of parties because I'm fucking pleasant.

My go to ice breaker is always "how do you know 'host'?", And the answer is always the same: work, work, school, work.
>>
>>29202536
Brainwashed by narrative. No one's fault but his elders'.
>>
>>29203823
duh. I'm saying how extroverted neurotypicals meet new friends in everyday life is through existing connections, not cold approaching people at work or outside.
>>
>>29203277
Some people weren't born to enjoy 'outside'.
This movie summarizes the plight of the average robot pretty well. Some men don't have dreams, and they shouldn't aspire to achieve what others tell them to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou-W7cyievU
>>
>>29203898
>le neurotypicals
Fuck off, sperg. This is a bot board, no untermenschen allowed.
>>
File: 1449821998270.png (6 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
1449821998270.png
6 KB, 64x64
>>29203936
fucking nypicals get off my aspie board ree
>>
>>29203058
why is this question important?
>>
>>29201644
iktf. everyday i feel so alone, no matter that i live with family and go out to public places. because even then, im alone. the feeling i get is such an illusion, like everything i do and see has no purpose, its just fucking there and shit happens for no good reason. i dont know what that means. im not depressed, just very lonely. cant decide whether im ok with that or im a cripple, because its been this way since i can remember
anyone else?
>>
>>29201644
going out and meeting people doesnt mean walking around the mall you sperg
>>
>>29201644
Don't take too close, OP. I am in the same situation, and I just don't care, all I do is shitposting on imageboards and playing an old vidya (because I dont have money for a new PC lol), and I'm fine with that.
>>
>>29204040
>everything i do and see has no purpose, its just fucking there and shit happens for no good reason
Yeah that's life on planet Earth as a Human being.
>>
>>29204040
I feel you. I perceive no purpose to it all. I see everyone so happy, their lives on track, where i'm just here listening to music to inject some emotion into my emotionless life. Nothing shocks me, nothing excites me, i am literally a robot. I want to be a maths teacher simply because i'm good at maths but i don't know how to get there because i have no money or motivation. Every day of my life, i am excruciatingly self-aware that every action i do is to pass the time, waiting for nothing to happen.
>>
I'm the same as all of you, I was liked in high school but I never attended social gatherings despite being invited to them. Same thing in college, now I'm stuck with no friends and no girlfriends what so ever. Never even held a girls hand and am 25 now. I want out. but have. no idea where to start.
>>
>>29204186
You've reached the Golden Land. Why would you want out? You can't trust other people, let me tell you that.
>>
File: i-know-that-feel.jpg (22 KB, 600x553) Image search: [Google]
i-know-that-feel.jpg
22 KB, 600x553
>>29202925

I lost complete contact with the 2 I knew
>>
For many robots, making friends at school or work is not an option. Normies will then say to make friends through hobbies and other activities. This sounds good on paper, but it doesn't work in real life.

There are two problems with this:
1. People our age rarely have hobbies.
2. If they have hobbies, they always join the group with their pre-existing friends.
>>
>>29203197
Malls are GOAT to meet girls and milfs, not to make male friends though.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.