[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all your highschool friends have moved on >they all have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12
File: 64565464366436.png (54 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
64565464366436.png
54 KB, 500x499
>all your highschool friends have moved on
>they all have girlfriends, wives, homes
>none of them play video games anymore
>you're still home with parents
>you can't get into games anymore
>you feel dead inside everyday
>you don't have a gf
>your family isn't close anymore

What should I do to turn my life around? Should I start lifting and running? I heard that increases dopamine and mental well being.
>>
>all of the people that gave you a hard time are living successful lives
>>
>>29201364

Literally the same as you man I'm not joking, literally sentence for sentence.

Started lifting 8 months ago, It doesn't do shit.
It even managed me to put me down even more because my gains are so low and I still look like a skinny fuccboi.

Lift helps health a little, don't think it will change your life.
>>
File: 1391491991810.png (543 KB, 2656x3192) Image search: [Google]
1391491991810.png
543 KB, 2656x3192
>>29201364
>graduated 3 years ago
>still have done nothing but work a shit job and NEET for a year
>no friends in 3 years
>can't get into videogames anymore
>only joy in life is going out to the range and shooting guns

I was driving past my highschool the other day and I realized that school is fucking over for them. It hit me pretty hard knowing that I was once in their shoes 3 years ago yet I'm still at the same place.

Hell, there's even people who just graduated that are ahead of me in life, they already have a job, figured out what school they got accepted to go to and even having a ship date to join the military.
>>29201408

I like to look at lifting as a small component in gaining self confidence. When you lift, you don't just spend an hour at the gym and go back to 4chan. You learn how to cook and do it regularly, stay full everyday, set goals and push past them along with limitations you think you couldn't break past and seeing results from sticking to a program/routine.

I think that's what everybody here misses when they try to lift to change their life.
>>
File: 1388898377461.jpg (49 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1388898377461.jpg
49 KB, 600x500
>>29201364
>Tfw my friends are bigger losers than me except for one who is gay
I'm ok, that's what you get when you hang out with the nerds who play Magic on weekends
>>
File: 1460688702631.gif (817 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
1460688702631.gif
817 KB, 245x180
>YOUR FAMILY WILL NEVER BE CLOSE AGAIN
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
File: 1448173546149.jpg (140 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1448173546149.jpg
140 KB, 680x680
>>29201364
Women are the root cause of all these problems. All my friends, my brothers I was close with, their wives/girlfriends all pulled them away from their family and friends.
>>
>>29201364
I started running and swimming a few months ago. I also stopped drinking.

Feel better physically, I lost 30 pounds, and Im down to 15% body fat, but I feel like more of an emotional basket case and I get those uncomfortable random erections again.

I know I get looks. Women smile and wave at me. Might be they're just afraid . . . I dont know.

I ran faster than a druggy looking girl on a bike today for about a half mile during one of my speed workouts. She complimented me on my being fast.

I can't seem to take bettering myself to the next level and actually capitalizing on it, and that makes me sad.
>>
>>29201364
>Should I start lifting and running?

>be me
>start lifting and running for similar reasons to yours
>do plenty of research about technique and form
>going ok for a while
>manage to hurt my hip somehow, don't actually remember any event where I injured it, just notice it hurting one day
>take it easy for a while
>mfw it never stops
>year later, I've started to walk with a limp
>my abdomen has started to hurt on the side I limp with
>Is it because of the limp or is there something else wrong? Feels like that side is swollen.
>Been a couple months, abdomen still hurts

I think the point I'm trying to make here is that your life will remain the way it is now and everything will be just as miserable as it ever was but you'll start getting old and you can look forward to lots of chronic pain as well.
>>
File: 10.8.14.jpg (24 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
10.8.14.jpg
24 KB, 450x338
>>29201364
Hey bro, older anon here.
I did the lifting/running fitness thing for about 2 years and achieved a lot, pic related.
I even got shitty gf.
I'm now a lonely alcoholic browsing r9k
Ask me shit if you want
>>
>>29201750
What happened to the gf? How did it start?
>>
>>29201364
You gotta get a gf senpai

if you can't get a job that pays well enough to live on your room, a gf is the next best step
>>
File: trump.png (209 KB, 385x360) Image search: [Google]
trump.png
209 KB, 385x360
>>29201750
>double chin
O R I G A N O
>>
>>29201779
The girl realized how much of a faggot I am and left. She was pretty shitty desu. 20 with a fatherless child, no education etc.
How did what start? the fitness, the decline or the relationship?
>>
>>29201811
>The girl realized how much of a faggot I am and left
If you were even able to get a gf to begin with you must not be that bad
>>
>>29201364
Running yes, but do bodyweight exercises instead of lifting. Muhammad Ali never lifted weights and he was in really good shape. He was 212 lbs at 6'3" I think, which is pretty impressive.

Make sure you shower every day, and even 2 or 3 times a day depending if you sweat or not. Feeling dirty can make you feel bad mentally.

Get a creative outlet like making music, painting, cooking, or something like that. Maybe you could make a video game.

Get enough sleep. Not only will you not feel tired all the time if you get enough sleep, but dreaming can be a fun experience. Learn to appreciate that.
>>
>>29201643

sounds like an inguinal hernia. They sometimes start out painless -- mine did.
>>
>>29201364
Let's play some overwatch ?

I like the regular /r9k/ group we've got going and there's always room for more.
>>
>>29201364
>always worrying that your parents will get fed up with you and kick you out
>constantly thinking about how you've dissapointed your family
>feeling guilty for being a human parasite
>>
>>29201846
I'm strange.
I've had some stunner GF's to be honest but none have lasted. I put on an act but it never lasts.
I've kinda fucked myself over now with a drinking habit. Completely friendless apart from steam bros
>>
>>29201913
Did you lose your virginity to one of them or were you always too much of a bitch to be assertive?
>>
Holy shit, are you Chris?
Get your license first, mate. Then a better paying job.
>>
>>29201364
First you have to turn your own life around. Do you have a job? If not, go balls out to get one. Do you have any marketable skills? If not, go to school and learn one.

Then you have to work on your appearance. Get a hair cut. Start lifting. Get better clothes so you don't look like Mr. Autismo.

Then you have to get knowledgeable about socially acceptable topics. Things like famous literatures, movies, languages, different cultures, sports or anything like that. This will help you make friends since you'll have shit to talk about. And no, knowing the names of My Little Ponies doesn't count.

Finally, you have to go out into hobbies that involve other people. Things like rec sports leagues, fitness classes, book clubs, board game meet ups, or shit like that. You can't make friends if you aren't in a place to meet new people. Use your knowledge (previous section) to seem interesting and make them like you.

Good luck.
>>
File: skip.gif (37 KB, 234x300) Image search: [Google]
skip.gif
37 KB, 234x300
This is basically me apart from i still go out drinking with mates, but it don't enjoy it anymore even when i'm in a good mood. it seems more like a chore
>>
>>29201364
how are you even supposed to find the drive to start lifting anyway. i keep meaning to do it but just end up Smoking and not sleeping for days instead
>>
>>29201958
I lost my virginity 3 weeks into being 16 to an 18 year old I met at new years, fucked on the beach, cum buckets in about 2 minutes or less. Never saw her again.
>>
>Just graduated HS a couple weeks ago
>No highschool friends now
Im becoming op but faster
>>
File: 252354.jpg (188 KB, 680x670) Image search: [Google]
252354.jpg
188 KB, 680x670
>>29201468
>figured out what school they got accepted to go to and even having a ship date to join the military.

slaves, wretched ignorant satan's slaves for hire.
throw at the slaves some paper, let them buy some luxury car, so they can feel better than his neighbor.
works every time.
their own wickedness enslaves them and perpetuates the system.

but fret not, the age of the wicked is ending within 5 years.
>>
>>29201988
I'm the guy who lifted 2 years and stopped.
You have to change your mindset first or you will fail. I browsed the /fit/ sticky while stoned as fuck and NEW hey I can do this, just gotta do what it says religiously.
I followed it with 100% autism, shit works.
I was smoking a fuck ton of weed before the change and really hit rock bottom.
>>
>>29202162
desu i'm not convinced the effort is worth it. i mean I'm kinda lazy but I'm not in super bad shape and can look pretty good if i want, which often i don't. so its not like i really care so much.

It would just be nice to be able to commit to self betterment
>>
>>29202227
If it's an effort then you will fail. It has to be a lifestyle you embrace. A new way to live.
You feel a lot better and depression and shit will break but you're still the same person with the same problems. Other people are still shitbag cunts but you may feel you're better than them (you will see how lazy and pathetic their lives are after you dedicate your self to something approved by society)
I recommend giving it a try at least once in life, it's a trip even if you dont keep it up.
It's something you can do at home on your own and you achieve shit that feels good
>>
>>29201364
All the people I know from high school have it even worse. Most of them are college dropouts. Even the Chad turned into dude weed lmao and was so desperate he got with the one girl in school that everyone bullied.

They had it easy in high school but most of them genuinely hate it. On the off-chance we all get together, a lot of them will bring up how shitty it was and refer to our ex-school class as a whole as 'cell mates'.
>>
>>29201408
>lifting without roids
based retard
>>
>>29202418
You can achieve a lot with out roids.
The roided figure is not attractive to a lot of woman.
/fit/ is full of insecure homos with exaggerated expectations (literally homos)
>>
>>29202454
>The roided figure is not attractive to a lot of woman.
Yeah I mean all women hate Chris Pratt, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, those fags from Supernatural etc.

Oh right.
>>
>>29202485
The brad pit fight club body is absolutely achievable without roids.
Not saying they didn't roid him for the movie but it is achievable for most with decent genes
>>
>>29202521
Sure, if you want to wait until 30 to get it, and then see it disappear in a month when you hit the T wall.

Oh and you can't start from being fat or having any bodily imperfections.
>>
>>29202552
1 year max if you're in average shape with good test levels
>>
>>29202552
can you sawce anything on this supposed "T wall"?
>>
>>29202583
Are you retarded or? Testosterone production drops sharply after 30, and after 40 you're practically a woman. Say goodbye to your body unless you're on TRT and HGH.
>>
>>29202583
I think for fight club they just had him lift a while and stripped off his body fat with clenbuterol
>>
Time to embrace the wizard lifestyle brother.
>>
>>29202612
uhh dipshit i was asking for SOURCES not your conjecture. By all means if you know what you're talking about back it up. I obviously don't deny T drops as men age but i'd like a source
>>
>>29202612
It peaks at 25 and does indeed decline.
You can still stack on muscle with a bit of work.
I posted the body pic earlier on,
>>29201750
I'm 36, 34 in the pic, I'm a low test male.
>>
>>29202668
36 y/o I have questions:

>what significant differences are there between 25 and 36?
-Do you lose sex drive
-Would you be less willing to get in a physical confrontation over perceived disrespect (inb4 fighting is for niggers)
-so on and so forth
>>
>>29202730
I have a lot more money than I did at 25
Still as horny but less likely to chase it. Probably more willing (due to confidence and wisdom) to get in a fight now but much less likely for it to happen.
>>
File: 1456971751662.jpg (16 KB, 475x289) Image search: [Google]
1456971751662.jpg
16 KB, 475x289
>>29201364

Ive been lifting for about 4 years now and im still on the fence about whether its helping me or not.

The reason I started lifting may sound kind of, psychotic but either way, incoming greentext.

>depressed every since teenage years
>used to wish society would collapse into complete anarchy
>everyday hope something awful happens to humanity
>suddenly realize that im fat and weak, couldn't defend myself when shit hits the fan
>started lifting that day at home
>a few months go by and I work up courage to get a gym membership
>started seeing gains which made me happy
>got instantly "high" as soon as i walked in the gym
>I soon realized that I loved lifting
>it was the only thing that made me not hate myself and the world

Now a few years later, i look great but the only thing I look forward to is going to the gym. When i get really depressed, i just train really hard and it seems to go away until the next day when I wake up depressed again.

I think im just using the gym the same way someone with a drug problem self medicates their depression. I really think im just avoiding the problem.
>>
>>29201885

Don't do it OP, there's an endless amount of games and tv shows to distract you from your feels

Get out of the house and do something with you life, you can be somebody
>>
>>29202806
there's worse ways to alleviate depression, anon. Good for you for finding a productive outlet (seriously)
>>
>>29202806
Do some real cardio bro, treadmill.
Helps with depression
>>
>>29202783
What did you end up doing for money?
>>
>>29202850

I hate running inside but my gym has a pool so i swim laps for cardio, maybe row machine once in awhile. Im currently doing a cut so going out for a midnight run might not be bad idea. Might make me wake up in a better mood.
>>
>>29202883
I'm a tradie, CNC lathe/mill/welding/fabrication etc, have been for over 15 years. Do a lot of plant automation (robots) earning around 100k per year depending on how hard I go with the hours
>>
>>29201364
Just play Rocket League. That turned my life around.
>>
>>29202912
I got myself a treadmill and nothing hits you like running.
Get at least 12km per hour, at least 600mm running width and power incline
>>
>>29202960
aaaand if you dont mind: what "path" did you take to arrive at this 100k salary? What school, certs, that kind of thing did you pursue?
>>
>>29202960
Meanwhile in my country a job like that gets you around $5000/year.
>>
File: 1462002109164.jpg (148 KB, 800x1107) Image search: [Google]
1462002109164.jpg
148 KB, 800x1107
I know the feel OP. I have a fake Facebook just in case I have to look up someones birthday or something and I found myself browsing through the profiles of my classmates.

They all looked so happy, and it seemed like more than half were posing in their picture with a big group of friends or their partner or whatever. Some lived in other parts of the country or other countries with decent jobs and degrees and kids and such.

But I've wasted the last 5 years since I graduated doing absolutely fucking nothing but slaving away at a job that'll get me nowhere. Nothing interests me. I have no desire to go to school because I will inevitably put forth 0 effort and fail out and lose a couple thousand like always.

I have few friends (and even they don't fulfill my social needs) and very little family, and we aren't close. I just sit around and browse 4chan and start up games for 10 minutes then close them because I don't actually have any desire to play them, but there's a sliver of hope that if I start up Warhammer Total War or something I'll enjoy it. But I don't. I don't have any desire to do anything. I have like 20 boxes of Warhammer 40K and Fantasy shit next to my desk and I have no desire to put any of it together, let alone paint it. Things that I once enjoyed now seem like a chore. I used to play the violin and piano and paint and draw but I don't even want to do those anymore. I pick up books and can't get past more than a chapter, even if it's a story or subject that I, in theory, am very interested in.

I don't know. I want to start running and lifting and eating right to get more fit but I sit around drinking soda and eating nothing but junk. Not enough to gain any weight, but enough to not die I guess. I hardly sleep. I hardly eat. I feel lonely no matter who I talk to. Nothing interests me anymore.

I just don't really like existence all that much. I wish I'd never been born. Suicide sounds better every day because I just don't enjoy anything here.
>>
>>29202996
I went to a polytechnic and learned machining, manual lathe/mill etc.
Got an apprenticeship as a lathe operator and learned heavy fab/welding on the job.
Learned a bit of g-code CNC programming from one of the guys and did night school to learn more in depth.
Become the most qualified welder in the workshop (ASME9 pipe non rotated, TiG) because it's fucking easy.
Shit changed after GFC (global financial meltdown) and company got into on-site maintenance. Company fell in with large progressive company that was automating and BOOM I was in perfect position to take a leading role.
>>
>>29203172
ll take all this down anon, thank you for the explanation
>>
>>29203069
Did you just have a oneitis tell you off when all this started, by any chance?
>>
>>29203289
To be completely honest, if you're going to go down this path your success depends on which company you fall in with. There are some real shit holes out there but experience is experience. Shit takes time and age (time in the trade) speaks for itself
>>
>>29203353
No, I had one but the only person I've ever considered my real friend got together with a girl I'd long been interested in, and he knew it. That was about 2 years ago and I don't really trust people with my emotions or anything anymore.

I've been a pretty somber and melancholic person for many years, even before all that.
>>
>>29203427
yea there will be variables like you mentioned. i hope to be a productive member of society by your age.
>>
>>29203472
Yea OP im a misanthrope because, although my circumstances aren't the exact same as yours, ive seen enough people in my life act in self-interest to be shown that humans are just intelligent animals.

Its all a competition unfortunately. You can be a nice, considerate person, and people will only see this as an invitation to step on you. i wish i understood but you just have to fight.

There's a vid on youtube of a omega wolf being attacked by its pack. Don't be that wolf. And if you are, fight hard.
>>
>>29203492
Good luck to you.
The average Joe out there is pretty slack and just winging it or BSing his way. Then there are many who genuinely know their shit, be that guy. Before long you have a name a reputation in the industry.
>>
>>29203642
One more thing:

Do you desire to start a family as opposed to just fucking bitches? Does that shit ever get old?

Does time just stretch on and on (feels that way and im only 25) All the adolescent rollercoaster bullshit has faded away and i feel alot of inertia. Can you confirm any of this since you're a decade older?
>>
>>29203724
I'd love to have a family or even just fuck a bitch lately. Hitting a low point bro, be careful with alcohol
>>
>>29203906
>Hitting a low point bro, be careful with alcohol
The emotional comedowns after getting drunk are why I stopped drinking.
>>
>>29203069
Dude what you're describing is called anhedonia and it's the most blatant and obvious symptom of depression. Go see a doctor or a shrink ASAP ffs!
>>
>>29206838
Did any of you found your way out of anhedonia? How?

I was going to create a thread on it, wew.
>>
>>29203069
>I have few friends (and even they don't fulfill my social needs) and very little family, and we aren't close.

And let me tell you, even if you had a large, warm family, you would not feel any different, mostly because you would not share anything in common with them.
>>
File: 1326826820358.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1326826820358.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>29201364
>friends
>>
>>29202521
>Decent genes
That's the sticking point, isn't it? If you have good genes and didn't capitalize on it that's great, but many robots are robots because they're genetic failures.
>>
>>29201364
It's called a mind-body loop. Do something with the body and it makes your brain change similarly. Same thing goes for thinking positively, it bolsters ya bod.

Seriously, do go for a run and start working out. It will make your brain feel better.
>>
>>29201364
you fucked up right at the start believing they would be more than friends by proximity
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.