[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Etymology of the word nigger in the year 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Sasha.jpg (207 KB, 1277x851) Image search: [Google]
Sasha.jpg
207 KB, 1277x851
Please answer these three questions:

1) What is your definition of a nigger?
2) What percentage of niggers are black?
3) Should black people and their allies take offense when someone uses the word in reference to someone or something non-black and not associated with blackness?
>>
>>29200904
>nigger
A black man

>percentage
100%

>offense
I don't care
>>
>A nigger is justa black version of white trash
>about a good 75% of blacks are niggers
>No not really. I'm black and i'm not offended by the word too much.
>>
>nigger, noun, a typicaly brown-skinned thug with an IQ of 60 that wants to kill whitey

>90-95% of blacks are niggers (at least where I live, probably not as bad in most places)
>70% of niggers are black

>why would they, but they will anyway
>>
Black person

Ideally no, some people are easily offended though
>>
>>29200904
>1) What is your definition of a nigger?
Someone who is acting like a retard. Occasionally someone who is your bro.
>2) What percentage of niggers are black?
There are quite a few black niggers but I don't have percentages.
>3) Should black people and their allies take offense when someone uses the word in reference to someone or something non-black and not associated with blackness?
Nope. If you take offense to that you are being a nigger. If you don't know what nigger means see above.
>>
>>29200904
1) nigger- a black person who lives like a thug
2) all niggers are black, but not all blacks are niggers. I'd say only like 10% of blacks are niggers
3)if they didn't get so offended and mention race, the word "nigger" would be synonymous with "thug". The only reason why I believe the word "nigger" applies only to black people is because black people have specifically argued that.
>>
Im never really sure why people say they arent offended by the word nigger. Whether its some anon of 4chan, or someone calling you a nigger irl, it is always meant to offend you. Are you guys telling you're just a bunch of pushovers who like to get bullied?

Internet:
>this thread mostly identifies nigger as an insult
>this doesn't offend me, lol. :^) im the bigger man for not responding

Real life:
>Listen here you stupid nigger, Im gonna kill you
>haha sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt :^)
>>
>>29201339
>>Listen here you stupid nigger, Im gonna kill you
>>haha sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt :^)
>death threats can never hurt me :^)
>>
>>29201339
People act like it is worse than it actually is though. Calling someone a dumbass is offensive but nobody gives a shit if you say that.
>>
>>29201339
I get offended when people use nigger to be racist. If someone told me irl
>Nigger get on the boat! Go back to Africa!
I'd be pissed.

But if one of my white freinds uses it jokingly
>lol nigger get on that boat, go back to Africa
I'd find it funny.

That's not being a pushover, what it is is not having thin skin and getting butthurt at everything people say.

It always makes me laugh when people rail on others but can't take a hit themsleves (cough cough Trump cough)
>>
>>29201437
I think it is. Who drops nigger randomly? Like yeah no shit, it doesnt imply everyone who uses nigger wants to lynch you, but I feel that nigger is moreso used when someone wants to start to get physical. I see an angry skin head or school shooter saying it more than some rando robot in real life whose just trying to be le funny xD
>>
>>29201496
People don't say it on national television often but if I was playing someone in Smash Bros and called them a nigger you shouldn't get so offended. Maybe a little offended, but don't act like I just murdered your family.
>>
File: HueyNewton.jpg (46 KB, 365x500) Image search: [Google]
HueyNewton.jpg
46 KB, 365x500
>>29201291
>all niggers are black, but not all blacks are niggers. I'd say only like 10% of blacks are niggers
What are you actually basing this on? Also, what percentage of white people do you suppose are white trash, as a point of reference? I'm now curious if you think more black people are niggers than whites are white trash.

>The only reason why I believe the word "nigger" applies only to black people is because black people have specifically argued that.
I'm familiar with this argument and the proponents thereof. I don't agree that it's an argument from valid authority, however. Black people are not experts on blackness any more than schizophrenics are experts on schizophrenia. It basically boils down to "muh blackness" rather than something based on empirical data.
>>
>>29202370
Niggers are a step beyond white trash to me.
There are plenty of white "thugs" who are also lower than trash aswell, though. I'd say there's probably a smaller percentage of white people who fit in to that "white nigger" catagory, but that's due to systematic influences, not genetic race-related influence.
I'd say ~10% of blacks people are niggers and ~7% of whites are the white equivalent of a nigger.
~30% of people (both white and black) fall in to a "trashy" catagory.
~40% fall in to a middle area
And about 20% fall in to a middle-upper area.
I was raised in the top 20% so I'm sure someone who was raised in a more "ghetto" area might have a differenct perception of the percentage breakdown.

Also, i disagree with you. Obviously black people don't and shouldn't have the final say on all black related issues, but considering they're the only ones who have experienced being black, they have a better idea of what it's like. It's like if you ask two people to describe ice cream and one person has eaten it and the other person has not. The person who's eaten it is able to describe and understand it a way that the person who has not eaten it cannot. Even if the person who had not eaten the ice cream researched it and compared it to other cold things that he had eaten, he'll never be able to truely understand ice cream until he experiences it himself. He can still add to the conversation about ice cream and even share new information, but he's still limited in a way that needs to be acknowledged.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
>>29200904
1. A nigger dindu nuffin
2. Every nigger is a nigger
3. Nigger opinions don't matter
>>
>>29200904
Someone who acts like an obnoxious willfully ignorant faggot, often violent

I wouldn't know, but many of the urban poor are niggers regardless of color

Nah.
>>
File: VC4zehe.png (794 KB, 1216x819) Image search: [Google]
VC4zehe.png
794 KB, 1216x819
>>29200904
A black person

100%

Yes, you nigger.
>>
>>29201444
Niggers need to be castrated and catapulted back to where they came from. This isn't Somalia, niggers.
>>
>>29203137
accurate as shit
>>
File: Ms. Brown is a fucking nigger.jpg (51 KB, 794x599) Image search: [Google]
Ms. Brown is a fucking nigger.jpg
51 KB, 794x599
>>29201126
>with an IQ of 60

Well, that means 1000% of blacks are niggers then.
>>
>>29203357
>edge.jpg
>edge: the post
>edge: the filename

wew
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.