[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I find purpose in life? I don't enjoy anything and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: 1425852294783.jpg (182 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1425852294783.jpg
182 KB, 1280x1440
How do I find purpose in life?

I don't enjoy anything and I don't want to work
>>
>>29200716
Bumping for OP
>tfw neet and not the slightest goal for life
>>
>>29200716
Then kys you retarded faggot
>>
>>29201244
But I don't want to die

Living is exhausting but dying is a hassle
>>
>>29201292
>I don't want to work

then don't expect to find purpose, simple
>>
>>29201292
There is no purpose in life. You go to school, or not. You get a job, or not. You suffer then you die. Who the fuck said anything about purpose???????????
>>
File: rfsY2C.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
rfsY2C.gif
1 MB, 320x180
Why live? There was never any reason to live, so why is it bothering you now?
Why not live?

As far as motivation I don't know. I can't find a personal reason to live and I'll just die eventually anyways.
This is cringey as fuck but I wish I had the attitude for gif related.
I'm crestfallen.
>>
Purpose is basically raw emotion. When you see some guy mopping the fuck out of a floor, he's doing it because he wants to be a good worker and shit, not because he gives a fuck about the floor.
If you truly don't give a fuck then follow the dream and see where it goes. Spend every day not doing shit. If you really feel attached to anything, you should be perfectly fine. If you start wanting shit, you gotta start mopping floors to get shit done.
Do you think early man gave a shit about hunting? Not until he got hungry. Then that mammoth's day got worse.
>>
Become an online community manager (hotpocket) and do it for free.

Better yet start your own forum and become the next 4chan.
>>
>>29200716
literally nobody wants to work you dumb neet
>>
>>29200716
Research a bunch of things and find something that you like. When you do so, find a community around your interest. Before you know it you'll be successful.
>>
>>29201460
I'm not actually a NEET
>>
>>29201460
There are people who have jobs they love, and those people do enjoy it. Most of the world is not those people, and do it because they need money to live.

Figure out how to go from Group B to Group A. Easier said than done. You pretty much have to create the job you want, and then fill it.
>>
get neetbux and stay alive
>>
my dream is to be a respected author
gotta write a book or two though
I cringe writing anything... thats not on 4chan or is a story though
but to get better I have to keep writing
fuck
>>
The trick is to convince yourself you might find something to live for. That way you spend your time looking for it and before you know it it's already time to die
>>
>>29202385
Well find people who read books and ask them what they like to read and see in books and make a novel tailored to it.
>>
>>29202420
I don't want to write books they want to read, I want to write the books I want to write then have people like them.
Which is selfish as fuck but I'm not exactly writing just to be a respected author for fame, I want it because people like my ideas and shit.
>>
>>29200716
I feel you OP.

>25
>work overnight at target
>no social life (whats the point)
>numb
>feel life dragging on

I have no passion for anything. I "want" to write a book but whats the point? Unless it caters to normie faggots it won't succeed. I want to produce music, but unless it caters to normie faggots whats the point?

I don't really get any enjoyment out of doing anything anymore. Even having a disposable income. I'd just be like cool lets go to this bar and talk the these random bitches. I could get laid. I could do this for the rest of my life. Cool dude. See? There's no MEANING behind any of that. I wish I didn't read so much philosophy in college >_<
>>
>>29202503
Nietzche would slap you cunt
Will to power negrow
willl to power isn't working overnight at target
I can just imagine you stocking the makeup section thinking about Kant and sighing as you place products that make enough profit to support the jews takover of the world tenfold.
>>
>>29202385
You're that br huehua from the other thread right?
>>
>>29202604
Nietzsche was a teen-angst-ridden syphilitic cuck who had only had his insane ramblings taken seriously because of his Jewish sister and her politically influential fuckers.
>>
>>29202631
nah, if my typing like a retard led you to that conclusion I'm sorry but I can't give too much of a fuck on 4chan these days
>>29202654
his philosophy was dope and inspired american individualism. You could say he's the reason why batman exists. Well, him and Rudyard Kipling and his ilk who championed that kind of thing. Shame about that girl he never fucked though. And hey he was a bestselling author too, just because his last few years were shitty don't put him down for that.
>>
>>29202604
what is the will to power then? DEFINE IT
>>
>>29200716
Honestly, I felt that way for a while, and this is going to sound gay, but you can do anything. Like really, you can pick something you want to do and then work towards it and barring any tremendous fuckups you can basically accomplish it.

Pick something you think you might enjoy, figure out what a starting position or starting point in that field requires, and then just do that. It's a bitch for a while, but that part is temporary, and it pays off.

good luck
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 481x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 481x345
Just do it. DO IT! Don't let your dreams be dreams! Etc.
>>
>>29202725
>>Pick something you think you might enjoy, figure out what a starting position or starting point in that field requires, and then just do that.
Too bad that for everything I can think of, there is no starting position because I'm in a shit position due to being born into poverty in a shit country and with literally no connections or friends or anything.
>>
File: poo.jpg (38 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
poo.jpg
38 KB, 225x225
>Life
>Purpose

Life is a set of distraction. Useful to those who want to push their minds away from the absurdity of living.
>>
>>29202700
You decide what matters pretty much. Instead of God deciding the worlds meaning, you plant your flag and act with your own agency to make meaning real. Its pretty common these days, but Niet was the first one to elucidate the idea.
>>29202725
I don't know. Maybe I'll just keep posting on 4chan and hope something happens for me. Like aliens give me superpowers.
>>
>>29202774
Welp, guess you're fucked. Good luck getting born in a real country next time.
>>29202775
I live on the edge.
>>
File: 1465180204662.jpg (36 KB, 370x278) Image search: [Google]
1465180204662.jpg
36 KB, 370x278
think about how much fucking worse it could be

my whole goal in life is to BECOME A VERIFIED NEET ONCE AGAIN like i was from ages 14-20

neets have the best life free of pressure of the outside world

>>29202725
> but you can do anything

nah this is stupid
things cost money in real life

if you want to become a master guitar musician guy which i think is retarded but that equipment costs money, you might not even have a place to practice it without making noise if you live with your parents

theres all kinds of freedom inhibitors
>>
>>29202795

>I live on the edge

Not an argument
>>
>>29202781
Figures. I guess if i have the balls ill save money, buy a used van and live out of that while traveling at my leisure.
>>
>>29202809
My arguments live on the edge too
>>29202817
>if I have the balls
Niet said that basically that if you choose not to make your own meaning that its made for you by others
getting cucked bruh
>>
>>29202889
>Niet said that basically that if you choose not to make your own meaning that its made for you by others
The only "meaningful" meaning is the one provided by society.

If you for example read the recent writings of RooshV and other PUAs who have reached their mid thirties or older by now, you will see that living a manufactured lifestyle where you provide your own meaning and chase your own goals just falls apart and you're left with literally nothing at that age.
>>
>>29202918
Can you elaborate? I don't disagree with your reasoning. I actually think Thomas Hobbes had the best understanding of how an individual orients themselves within society.

If you aren't being a productive member of society, you're being a useless piece of shit, or even worse, disrupting society. Not really sure what to make of that myself, however.
>>
>>29202955
On which part, my ludicrous example that I thought I'd get called out on because all the PUAs are overgrown LARPers, or the general premise of a life being meaningless unless in a greater context? That's just common sense to me, even Frodo wished he could stay in the Shire after the whole ring shenanigans.
>>
>>29203009
Yea i guess you don't need to elaborate. I think nihilism is a dead end the more i think about it.
>>
>>29203009
Not him but I think you're right. You can't really make it as an individual. You need some kind of group. Humans have always been group animals. I don't think you can just undo this conditioning by telling yourself
>hurr muh own meaning
>>
>>29203029
It absolutely is, wish I had the money to get out of it.
>>29203041
The end result of this "muh own meaning" thing is to go live in a cave and eat your own shit while pretending you're in a palace eating cake. Or in other words insanity.
>>
>>29202955
Hobbes thinks you're just a monkey.
Hume thinks you're a lawyer.
Nietzche thinks you're a superman that can be awesome for all time forever if you get it right the first time(they had whacky science theories back then about time).
Kant thinks you're a robot.
Socrates doesn't fucking know.
Sarte wants to buy you a drink
Kirkegaard wants you to believe in something
You want to be a faggot because you saw it on tv
The RooshV/PUA types are just understanding the obvious truth of getting older. The world wasn't made to help you, it was made to help itself. You gotta help yourself git gud or it doesn't matter what the fuck you say.
>>29203041
Nah dude then the head monkey makes the meaning instead. Look at Obama. Every speech is a grand tale of victimization and the future of the democrats showering poor people in money.
>>29203029
>nihilism
thats just ignoring reality. You can't walk away from your body, even choosing to kill yourself is an abdication of meaning in life.
>>29203064
>The end result of this "muh own meaning" thing is to go live in a cave and eat your own shit while pretending you're in a palace eating cake
Nah. Its hard work and satisfaction. You have feelings, and the only way to deal with them properly is to put effort into things. You don't hunt your own food anymore so you need something else to fill your time. That's all.
>>
>>29203064
Whats fascinating is, despite deeply immersing myself in nietzche, camus, aurelius, and evola, it finally makes sense that its all superfluous when talking to anons on /r9k/. You'll burn out eventually.

The only defense i have is that if your "insanity" is a passion that you relentlessly pursue and cannot be satiated by.
>>
>>29203100
Well said, anon...well said

woa not original image in that
>>
>>29203064
>The end result of this "muh own meaning" thing is to go live in a cave and eat your own shit while pretending you're in a palace eating cake. Or in other words insanity.
That's actually what I'm striving to do. To just leave society and go die somewhere in seclusion. Few people I have told this do think I am insane.

>>29203100
>Nah dude then the head monkey makes the meaning instead. Look at Obama. Every speech is a grand tale of victimization and the future of the democrats showering poor people in money.
I really don't get your point. Also to react to something you've said to someone else

>You have feelings, and the only way to deal with them properly is to put effort into things.
Putting effort is retarded if Chad has to put in much less effort.
>>
>>29203100
>You gotta help yourself git gud or it doesn't matter what the fuck you say.
This is literally the opposite of what they're saying. That's what they were saying at 25.
>You don't hunt your own food anymore so you need something else to fill your time.
t. Kaczynski
>>29203106
Creativity is a great way out of the typical nihilistic loop. As long as you have all your Maslow shit fulfilled of course. Which is only the case for a minority of people in first world countries.
>>29203161
>To just leave society and go die somewhere in seclusion.
Die in seclusion or live in seclusion though?
>>
>>29203161
I'm essentially a fuccboi who, blessed with good genetics, has never had to worry about getting pussy since 17 years old.

However, i'm a useless 25 year old with zero skills or assets to anybody. So i figure the best thing for me to do is be a body in the airforce. I'm too lazy and used to having shit come to me to be of any use otherwise. Yea yea create my own meaning and all that bullshit. Whats the reason if all my needs are met?
>>
>>29203202
>Die in seclusion or live in seclusion though?
Likely die. Let's be honest here. Surviving in the wilderness is very hard without society to support you. I would most likely die in a week or two.
>>
>>29203202
I just want to be able to retire at 50 dude. I just wanna travel, fuck bitches from all over the world, eat good food, see interesting shit, and not work until im dead.

I don't need to be extremely wealthy just comfortable. Id say my maslow's needs have long been satiated.
>>
>>29200716
you just found your purpose though!
your purpose is to be a depressed piece of shit!
>>
>>29202503
you don't make art to succeed, that's what graphic designers do

if anything you should write a book that normies will hate, just to spite them
>>
>>29203238
I dont think you have the fortitude anon. Wanting to die is always a nice intellectual masturbatory exercise but when it comes down to it? usually not
>>
>>29203106
Don't let them get to you anon, you're talking to robots. Their programming is faulty but they stick to it like glue.
>>29203161
>Putting effort is retarded if Chad has to put in much less effort.
Nothing to do with what anyone else is doing, you put in the effort for yourself to reap satisfaction for yourself. Right now that guy working at Target overnight is making more money than the majority of humanity has made comparatively for the most of human history and can buy products of a quality unequaled in many countries through most of time. He doesn't give much of a fuck about that though. He's pretty much Chad already, although he won't see it that way. Effort often ends in total failure too, for most of human history all the crazy ideas people had didn't end with them in castles singing to kings and shit. There was maybe like three painters you could name that could do shit like the sistine chapel. Its said that Michelangelo proved his skill by drawing a perfect circle in the dirt with his finger. All that effort could have easily come to naught if he got stabbed.
>I really don't get your point.
I was responding to the whole country/community making meaning thing that some guy said about older PUAs realizing it didn't fit them. No shit. You have to decide what matters to you, thats why some people eat organic or vegan and think they're cool for doing so.
>>29203202
>This is literally the opposite of what they're saying
gimme a primer then
>>
File: whaaat.png (88 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
whaaat.png
88 KB, 300x256
>>29203202
>Maslow shit fulfilled

T. Someone who has no idea what the hell they're talking about

Maslow's Hierarchy has no empirical basis. That and Myer-brigs are two of the bullshit psychology theories thrown around on 4chan.
>>
>>29203303
Tell me about it. I've had a gun to shoot myself with for 2 years now and still haven't done it. In a way I think clinging to this suicide fantasy is doing me more bad than good. But I don't have anything else to cling to.

>>29203309
>He doesn't give much of a fuck about that though. He's pretty much Chad already, although he won't see it that way
The thing is, he is not. He might be better off than most humanity, but Chad still trumps him. Some poor diseased guy in eastern asia is not relative to me. So it's dumb to compare myself to him.
>>
>>29203309
>Their programming is faulty

Surprisingly anon, alot of whats been said in this thread deviates from the self masturbatory misery that is typically of this board. I'm led to believe people that come here see beyond the surface-level bullshit that normies see everyday and simply don't know who to talk to/where to go.

I kind of said that because thats how i feel myself.
>>
>>29203355
>Some poor diseased guy in eastern asia is not relative to me. So it's dumb to compare myself to him.
Globalization has made it so that he compares himself to you though.
>>
>>29203377
That's his fight. It makes no sense obviously.
>>
>>29203355
I can't blame you for deciding on the "smith and wesson retirement plan" but you might as well just do as you please until there's nothing left to do but kill yourself ya know?

All my problems stem from misanthropy. But you can still fuck hookers and pursue other deviant things that don't involve playing the social game
>>
>>29203397
Why do you think it doesn't? Obviously the knowledge of, and the closeness he feels to you (by being able to literally talk to you right now for example) will make him consider you a peer of sorts.

Or do you think that we are just subhumans who should accept our station?
>>
>>29203339
I think it does, anon. Once you get consistent pussy and some kind of income life becomes this big "what now" especially once you're 25 and the whole emotional rollercoaster of adolescence has faded away.
>>
Everything is work, you just mean work for a boss, and who the fuck would... as a part time wageslave.

Life is meaningless if you can't forge your own path desu.
>>
>>29203426
>but you might as well just do as you please until there's nothing left to do but kill yourself ya know?
That's what I'm doing. I even got a job so I have so money. I started learning undergrad level maths.

Fucking hookers sounds really humiliating to be honest. You are paying for something that Chad gets easily. It's like if you were in a mall and they were handing out free cheese samples or whatever. Everyone was getting theirs for free, but you got charged for yours.

Most humans can get a partner or have sex at some point in their life(just look at percentage of 25+ virgins - a group I am soon to be a part of). And I have to pay for a hooker? That would make me humiliated and feeling inadequate.
>>
>>29203444
But I'm not a peer. When the guy is applying for a job, I'm NOT gonna be there. When he hits on a girl, I'm NOT there to be compared to him.

On the other hand, a Chad who lives in the same country/area?

I don't get your comment about subhumans. You can't change your station. You got born how you got born and that determines your life.
>>
>>29203498
>>But I'm not a peer. When the guy is applying for a job, I'm NOT gonna be there. When he hits on a girl, I'm NOT there to be compared to him.
Yet when he's applying for a gf, Brad Pitt, Christian Grey, and the fag from Twilight are all going to be there.
>>
>>29203522
Not realistically obviously.
>>
>>29203480
Yea i dont blame you dude. But if you do get laid you'll see how mechanically it really is. Love is only something you can be deluded into believing one time. After you see how utilitarian women are, you won't see sex as anything except a step above masturbation.
>>
>>29203557
A step above that I can't possibly get in a normal way while many men can.
>>
>>29203355
>So it's dumb to compare myself to him.
You're such an ungrateful cunt. This is why you hate everything.
>>29203376
just because you see beyond the superficial doesn't mean that you know any better. Normies have the advantage because they don't worry about the shit you do.
>>29203468
Nothing wrong with working for someone else, as long as you don't compromise your beliefs.
>>29203480
Either pay or learn social skills and talk to women constantly to build confidence rather than melting in the corner in despair
>>29203522
>>29203498
Guys that isn't the point. Everyone has people better than them at all kinds of shit. There are people dumber and uglier than you right now that are fucking hot chicks because they talked to them and the hot chicks have mental issues and shit or something. Reality isn't that clear cut.
The fastest way to satisfaction and happiness is being grateful for what you do have, instead of whining about what you are lacking.
I know you don't want to accept it but just remember it for a bit and consider it at the very least.
>>29203557
Then thats not a relationship in the first place its you having sex without the feelings of attachment and intimacy. Those things are difficult especially for robutts and require time, vulnerability, and effort.
>>
>>29203588
>You're such an ungrateful cunt. This is why you hate everything.
So not wanting to compare myself to people who don't relate to me in any ways is being ungrateful?

>Either pay or learn social skills and talk to women constantly to build confidence rather than melting in the corner in despair
Learning social skills doesn't help. It's mostly about looks. Looks are social skills.

>>29203588
>Guys that isn't the point. Everyone has people better than them at all kinds of shit.
Chads have much less better people above them.
>There are people dumber and uglier than you right now that are fucking hot chicks because they talked to them and the hot chicks have mental issues and shit or something.
Talking to women is retarded if you are not a Chad. You said it yourself, only way for this to work is if they have mental issues.
>The fastest way to satisfaction and happiness is being grateful for what you do have, instead of whining about what you are lacking.
LIKE A FUCKING KEK. Seriously, it's not fucking fair at all, I am getting shat on every day. I have to work hard for what Chads get easily. And I should be fucking grateful for that? You're out of your fucking mind, boy.
>>
>>29203588
The attachment and intimacy are things you will realize are stupid when you realize how fucking annoying women are.

Which is why I'm saying its better to just skip the whole process when the conclusion is the same. You'll be hollowed out and jaded either way.

Normies won't see their doom coming mwuaaahahahah
>>
The first step is to stop masturbating. If you are addicted to cumming, you'll never figure it out.
>>
>>29203634
>I have to work hard for what Chads get easily.

If you're ugly, superior social acumen is the only way you're getting shit. If you're attractive you can be as dull as a wooden block
>>
>>29203675
And that's what's not fair. That's what I'm not gonna accept. It's humiliating and I will not be humiliated.
>>
>>29203634
You're a whiner, and I think you are well aware of it. Complaining about the things you can't control is asking for misery. If you want to git gud, remember that the path is always open.
I took that path and I got happier. I don't see why you would choose to be miserable unless that makes you happy or comfortable. It took me a long time to get to where I am now too, and its nowhere special either!
>>29203639
isn't always true and you know it.
and if you stand for annoying shit and still want the relationship, its your fault for not ending it.
>>
File: career-opportunities-1.png (190 KB, 562x239) Image search: [Google]
career-opportunities-1.png
190 KB, 562x239
>>29202503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdH-SZt2zrU

Have you seen the film Career Opportunities?
>>
>>29203712
fair enough but totally ORIGINAL
>>
>>29203759
i might have to see it after watching that
>>
>>29203733
>You're a whiner, and I think you are well aware of it.
If by whiner you mean someone who complains about unfairness then yes I am.
>Complaining about the things you can't control is asking for misery.
Even if these things have a big effect on my life?
>I don't see why you would choose to be miserable unless that makes you happy or comfortable
Because to be "happy" you are ignoring reality. By ignoring or not thinking about some things you are essentially ignoring reality to feel happier.
> It took me a long time to get to where I am now too, and its nowhere special either!
And that doesn't make you feel like you failed? Doesn't make you feel humiliated? Knowing you worked very hard for a long time and got nowhere special.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.