[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fantasize about being a dictator of an oppressive regime. Anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15
File: image.png (765 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
765 KB, 1136x640
I fantasize about being a dictator of an oppressive regime. Anyone else have do this?
>>
>>29200706

Yes, pretty much everyone. It's an extremely common fantasy.

It's particularly strong amongst people who have no control over their real lives. They invent these elaborate fantasies of total power to keep their minds occupied.
>>
>>29200737
It's become unhealthy for me though, to the point where I've already began planting the idea of revolution headed by me in many of my friends minds. Many have already said they would support me in the endeavor. Should I go for it? Start an authoritarian state in the US by first getting involved in politics?
>>
>>29200775
Sure, just make sure you purge all the faggots, niggers and kikes OP.
>>
>>29200706
for me Its about being a general in a oppressive regime. like the soviet union that general
>>
I fantasize about living in a society where fucks like you have been killed long long ago in a glorious revolution, and now everyone respects each other's individual liberties.
>>
>>29200915
You can be my general, anon.
>>29200951
I myself am a libertarian, but if I was given the opportunity to be a dictator, I would take it.
>>
>>29200951
You're going to love OP, anon. For he is Big Brother.
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 1920x1080
I'm pretty sure a lot of people dream about power. I dream of ruling a society that focuses on strict family values and lives off the land. Kind of like a Celtic/pagan society minus the religious nonsense. Old school values and a focus on the natural world.
>>
>>29200706
it's called being edgy. We all have an id that tells us we should try to take over the world. Problem is it's pretty much impossible to sustain a global empire for too long
>>
>>29200951
>MUH FREEDOM
Such a meme.
>>
>>29201007
You can be the head of the Ministry of Culture.
>>
>>29200706
I always imagined myself more the hedonistic cult leader type. Followers would send me all their hot sons & daughters for religious teachings, when really I'd just brainwash them into mindless slaves and fuck the shit out of them
>>
>>29201069
Pretty cool too. Invent a religion, cult leader is much easier to establish than dictator.
>>
Here OP, but I don't fantasize about it being that oppressive.
>>29201011
>Problem is it's pretty much impossible to sustain a global empire for too long
Not in the current year.
We have communications that can reach people instantly anywhere.
We have total surveillance, and cultural control with media.
We have military capabilities that overshadow anything that might be obtained on a black market, which are mostly foreign imports anyway.
Rome was able to hold a thousand year empire with none of that. Same with China.

A world dictatorship would probably be easier to control than a just China alone.
Because then they wouldn't have all the foreigners injecting their ideas into the population.
>>
Very often. I like to think about what policies I'd pass and how I'd deal with dissent. I'm very successful in imaginationland.
>>
Sort of... more like a Darth Vader figure though.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 236x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 236x353
>>29201068
I'll do my best, Sir
>>
>>29201119
>Rome was able to hold a thousand year empire with none of that. Same with China.
because their conquered peoples didn't have much access to technology. Trying that today would eventually devolve into various factions fighting each other. People do not want to be ruled by remote leaders who have no understanding of their local issues. They will snckbar and nig their way to freedom
>>
>>29201119
This. Propaganda is so omnipotent and sophisticated these days that you can keep the whole population on lockdown.
>>
File: underminion.jpg (171 KB, 1253x638) Image search: [Google]
underminion.jpg
171 KB, 1253x638
Overlord really hit the sweet spot for me on this. I wasn't into LNs at all before the anime aired and I ended up reading them all and the newest fanfic as well. The MC is also perfect in that he's not super confident but he's at least reasonable so its not annoying when he beta's out. Him being dumber than some of his super loyal NPCs is great too, and I love how his goal in the story is to find his old friends and not to do the whole world domination thing but he ends up doing it anyways.
I always wanted an invincible loyal army. I don't think I'd have it in me to be oppressive though, I always wanted to bring about a utopia through my authoritarian powers being I don't like being a dick. I know that reality doesn't work like that though and more than likely far too many would die just from social unrest.
>>
File: Armageddon Comissar.jpg (252 KB, 593x1266) Image search: [Google]
Armageddon Comissar.jpg
252 KB, 593x1266
>>29200706
I don't fantasize about being the dictator, just a functionary, at almost any level where I can use my position to get back at the normalfags. My favorite fantasy is of being a Commissar in the 40K universe purging people I have seen in real life doing degenerate things, for Slaanesh worship.
>>
>>29201084
Shit, I wonder if I could, too. I've read a bit about psychology and how cults manipulate people. With a little reaserch and elbow grease, I might be able to get a small following.

Then again I doubt I'm that charismatic
>>
>>29201119
You can be head of the Ministry of "Communications". You won't have any blood on your hands, and you'll have creative freedom, comrade.
>>29201162
Good then, comrade,
>>
>>29201189
except you will have lots of people working to fuck your shit up and plenty of uncensored websites
>>
>>29201200
Would you like to be at the head of my secret police?
>>
>>29201232
The uncensored web will mean little as long as I have the msm. I deal with the actual dissidents swiftly and harshly.
>>
File: Himmler_and_Gudrun_1941.jpg (39 KB, 462x345) Image search: [Google]
Himmler_and_Gudrun_1941.jpg
39 KB, 462x345
>>29201261
I would, anon, I really would.
>>
>>29201203
Practice in the mirror. I myself have been practicing speeches and stepping up my charisma in front of a small group of friends. I'll be looking for you on our state run television, anon.
>>
>>29201275
Hugo Boss will design our military and police uniforms.
>>
>>29201189
>>29201119
I don't agree. The world we're living in is more Huxlian or Bradburian than Orwellian. People aren't being held down by big brother's watchful gaze, they're happily accepting a life of ignorance and bliss, encouraged to ignore all the troubles of the world or focus on mythical ones.
>>
>>29201304
Thanks, I appreciate that. Oppressing normalfags and burning them inside the fake nightclubs I intend to lure them into would be pretty dull if I didn't get a nice portrait to go with it.
>>
>>29201203
I don't know why all those cult guys need huge ass cults. Why not just get a tiny cult of hot bitches who think your dick is an alien god or something?
Goddamn.
>>
>>29201317
That's true, but to eliminate democracy completley would draw their attention to it, thus making it Orwellian. We don't currently live under that type of state. We live in ignorant bliss, but not under an iron fist.
>>
>>29201317
I agree. But for people who do engage in the political discussion most of the conversation is dominated by the msm especially in America. Most of the American media aligns quite well with state/business interests. So when you are ready to coerce your population into agreeing with a certain veiwpoint it shouldn't be hard if you can get a hold of the media companies. For the majority who don't engage in the news or care they can just be ignored. It's good that most tend to be apathetic.
>>
File: 1432658546840.jpg (173 KB, 826x1348) Image search: [Google]
1432658546840.jpg
173 KB, 826x1348
>>29201185
>because their conquered peoples didn't have much access to technology
And in this hypothetical dictatorship you'd have TOR, and all that other jazz?
The US is crippled in Afghanistan due to rules of combat.
If they went all out with 0 qualms Afghani resistance would end fairly soon. It's the US limitations on its army that keep it running.
>>29201317
Even in 1984 most people lived normally on prolefeed and propaganda.
>>
>>29201410
They are apathetic because they can afford to be. Revolution comes with an empty hand free of bread, comrade.
>>
>>29201449
I don't want revolution. I want a coup.
>>
File: tumblr_o84mckkjon1sh9aw0o1_1280.png (36 KB, 1208x1672) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o84mckkjon1sh9aw0o1_1280.png
36 KB, 1208x1672
I still fantasize about the characters from when I was seven years old

I'll go on a walk around before driving home from work listening yo "epic music" and imagining the battles. Right now I'm into that seven nation army song because of the Battlefield 1 trailer, but it changes over time.

Pic related is the granddaughter of the original main characters who are dead now (have been since I was 12), I gave her CS GO style weapons (powerful bolt action sniper rifle and two Tec9 ripoffs)
>>
>>29200951
Good on you bro. OP is a faggot of the highest caliber
>>
>>29201011
Why would it need to be a global one? I'd be satisfied with a North Korea.
>>
File: 1446334201151.png (819 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
1446334201151.png
819 KB, 500x557
>>29201230
I'll be sure that no slanderous lies are able to taint the regimes reputation.
>>
File: derspurdo.png (15 KB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
derspurdo.png
15 KB, 200x176
>>29201740
Not while I am on the watch.
>>
>>29200775
You will face opposition not only by those who would oppose totalitarian regimes but also by those who share similar goals.

There is a world of Cobra Commanders and Red Skulls out there.
>>
>>29200706
All nobodies have fantasies like that.

Unless you write and publish a work about your fantasies then you'll remain a nobody. See you in the afterlife champ, I'm the guy in the limo with wings.
>>
Holy fuck I knew you guys were autistic but god damn this thread.
>>
File: tfw I'm Hitler.jpg (392 KB, 2242x1320) Image search: [Google]
tfw I'm Hitler.jpg
392 KB, 2242x1320
>>29201935
Back to the gas-chamber you go, Chad.
>>
My aspirations are about becoming a politician. Others in my college class want to be teachers, doctors, professors, some small business owners, but my main aspiration is to get into politics and make it big in there.

Am I gonna make it? No idea, but I know that if you don't think big you're not going to make big either. So you anons aren't too bad honestly, we should hit up a grand strategy MP game at some time. Victoria II, HoI4, EU4 or even Stellaris.
>>
File: 1465178663161.gif (955 KB, 210x259) Image search: [Google]
1465178663161.gif
955 KB, 210x259
>>29201976
do you have the quotes from that thread/book where it mentions hitler wandering the streets alone during christmas
>>
I'm far too beta to ever do that

I'd be pumped up to get in and make some changes, but as soon as someone says "dude your country is pretty fucking shit, Chad had a genocide the other day and it was awesome, why can't you be more like him?" I'd give up and go back to watching cartoons
>>
Glad to see I have so many comrades in here. After I seize control, you will be greatly rewarded for you loyalty and service to the revolution and me.
>>
>>29200706
I fantasize about fighting to bring a dictator into power in a bloody coup d'etat and massacring the opposition when we succeed and become invigorated with our victory.
>>
>>29202076
That's why you need my leadership comrade. You and your fellow brothers and sisters will be dependent upon one another in keeping the revolution alive. You are part of a unit. Alone you are weak, with your comrades under my leadership you are stronger than an opposition we face.
>>
>>29202076
Chad could never be a dictator or even a politician. It's why you see even the most ALPHAs like Putin have fucking mantits at their best. Chad is physically attractive and knows his ways with women but that's really all there is to him.

Plus Chad mostly thinks about getting his dick wet, less so about getting political power.
>>
>>29202107
Will you swear fealty to me, comrade?
>>
>>29202155
Put me in charge of a death squad.
>>
>>29200737
oh yes. a lot.
>>
>>29200706
I do.

I fantasize about doing some anarchist shit like throwing molotovs and planting IEDs during the night. Maybe lynch some immigrants here and there.

Shit's about to go down in Europe soon and my dreams may well become a reality.
>>
>>29202154
Under my leadership, as father of the country, I will make sure to reeducate the women of the West. It is a party platform to return to our cultural roots and traditions. Divorce would be outlawed, infidelity would be considered treason.
>>
>>29202174
Done. Your commanding officer will be the chief of our secret police.
>>
>>29202208
why don't you just move to the middle east?
>>
>>29202208
Sounds good to me. You have my vote, and my glock if it comes to it.
>>
>>29202255
Because under my leadership I serve my children, my workers, my people. European people.
>>
>>29202270
Thank you comrade, you will not be disappointed.
>>
Interesting to see how authoritarian /r9k/ is. As OP, I'm actually pretty surprised by the results. I'm not actually an authoritarian yearning to be a dictator, this was an interesting thought experiment.
>>
>>29202430
What experiment?

The nature of the OP attracted only those that would feel similarly.
>>
>>29202461
The experiment was to see how many could be convinced to follow an authoritarian; it just so happened a lot of people with similar ideas to the post came in too.
>>
>>29202500
>The experiment was to see how many could be convinced to follow an authoritarian
Many.

Everyone can be convinced to follow an authoritarian. The question is how many would do it in a heartbeat.

Many would, probably even the majority.
>>
>>29202430
hah, you think you were running an experiment when really i manipulated you into posting this thread all along, roach
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 144x145) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 144x145
>>29202547
I manipulated you into thinking you manipulated me by manipulating you. Roach.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.