[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"you have to love yourself before someone can love you!"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: yn07NxT.jpg (52 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
yn07NxT.jpg
52 KB, 500x365
>"you have to love yourself before someone can love you!"
>>
Is this bull? Normies tell me this all the time
>>
been there overcame that
yes it is true.
now whenever i see someone writhe in self-loathe i understand it all.
>>
How can you look in the mirror and love yourself? You have to be a full blown narcissist.
>>
>>29200480
I think it just depends how much worth you have as a person
>>
File: Snapchat-3640184762522582914.jpg (256 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3640184762522582914.jpg
256 KB, 1440x2392
>>29200471
How do you know when you're there
>>
>>29200355
That's bullshit. No matter how much you do love yourself people still despise you because you have a shitty attitude in general. the saying is just a bandage to a permanent fix for this issue. Not OP.
>>
>>29200355
I took me most of my life to figure this one out

When that say you have to LOVE yourself, it literally means to love yourself, take care of yourself, keep proper hygiene, participate in your favorite hobbies, be kind to yourself (love). when you are fully capable of making YOU happy, you'll be ready to make others happy.

its a dumb play on words that no one bothered to explain
>>
>>29200537
Until today.
>>
>>29200519
well no shit, people dislike other people just because they aren't the same color, let alone other physical features/personality/social status/material belongings/etc.
>>
"Focus on loving others first and you'll end up loving yourself"

Anyone else notice how contradictory all these normie platitudes are?
>>
File: 1462884674382.jpg (75 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
1462884674382.jpg
75 KB, 600x404
>>29200551
That's my take on it anyways, could literally mean to jerk off as much as possible, who the fuck knows
>>
Basically, if you see yourself as a loser failure you're going to act like a loser failure. If you fake it you seem tryhard and desperate and it makes people uncomfortable. If you don't try at all, well, then you're a robot.

Self esteem is important for building meaningful relationships. It's not impossible without it, but you're a burden on the average person who has it together.
>>
>>29200619

but it's so hard not to see myself as a loser even though i have a pretty good life. Do i literally have to force my brain to think good thoughts?
>>
>>29200647
You don't have to do anything. If you want to think good thoughts, then you're already thinking good thoughts. If you want to see yourself as a loser then you will inevitably see yourself that way. I couldn't give two shits if you have self confidence. No one but you does. You have to want it for yourself.
>>
It means you have to stop externalize/ing ( what the fuck is the verb of this fuckin word) your sadness and self loathing, and depression or whatever.
Its about how much self esteem you must have to make it.

Of course it's irrelevant when you are hot and women inherently like you, not because you are hot of couse, but because all women lust over you so you are perceived higher.

Women are bad people

Anyway, It's like one of the first steps of "fake it until you make it".
>>
>>29200647
Overcoming things is hard. You're lucky if someone wants to come along for the ride of helping you, but are you really going to waste your time waiting for that? That's if it even happens.

I can't even tell you how to do it. What works for one guy may not work for you. You know this already. You can try and find out what works for you, or you can do nothing. Who knows you better than you?
>>
>>29200801
>inherently

I mean naturally
>>
>>29200519
It doesn't say that loving yourself is sufficient for other people to love you.
>>
>>29200480
>>29200355
I don't get this shit, how do people just love themselves? Everytime I try to force it I feel arrogant and stupid about it. I can logically deduce that I'm worthless comparatively to everyone else to go through the mental hoops to covince myself otherwise is delusional.

Though I would like to be able to look myself in the mirror and not feel this alienation and sense of dread in my stomach.
>>
>>29200702

>If you want to see yourself as a loser then you will inevitably see yourself that way.

What if you want to want to see yourself as a winner?
>>
>>29200883

The first step is to stop trying to "love yourself".

Try to think of the things that are important to you. Try to get along well with others as best you can. Really try hard to be a friend to as many people as you can (but don't overburden yourself).

Develop talents and learn things, so you'll know that you're a knowledgeable person.

Take care of your health, help yourself and others, learn, get enough rest, don't push yourself too hard but do try to get somewhere in life.

If you do this stuff it'll be a lot better.

If you feel you can't do this stuff, you might be suffering from clinical depression or some kind of repressed trauma
>>
>>29201732
its all in your mind man, just want it and it will happen. you only think you want it. if you really wanted it, it would already have happened.
>>
>>29200355
I agree
Got myself one of those kits to make a silicone dildo from a mold of your own dick
Made the dildo and ride it every Saturday night when my parents go to Shul for Kiddush
The only way to truly know and live yourself, the only cocknthat has ever been inside me is my own
I love myself
You will too
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.