[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question /r9k/, at which age did you realize that the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2312443.jpg (44 KB, 550x411) Image search: [Google]
2312443.jpg
44 KB, 550x411
Serious question /r9k/, at which age did you realize that the whole "There's someone out there for everyone" thing is complete bullshit?

I remember becoming very self conscious in the second year of high school, when I realized everyone I knew was losing ther virginities, and dating and having a normal teenage time, and I just kept getting rejected and laughed at.

I remember all throughout middle to high school, each new year 's I'd tell myself "This is the year I lose my KV, and get a girlfriend", and it just never happened. Then I realized that it's not a common and natural part of life. Some people just can't do it.
>>
>>29199528
16. Threw away my future for a cheating slut. Promptly discovered the redpill. Suicidal thoughts relentless for over a year, at 18 I got my shit together and got into university, I start this September, and got back into shape ( I had a 6 pack before le woe is me phase) currently 170lbs, and trying to get to 195. Read a lot and browse /pol/ so I get stronger everyday and smarter everyday. This turned into a bit of a monologue, my apologies.
>>
>>29199579
>browse pol
>get smarter
Anon...
>>
Several years ago. It's factually correct, for a variety of reasons. I'm 26 now and nothing has, nor will, change. I am one of many invisible men.
>>
>>29199528
it was easier for people back than because they didn't have video games and computers and shitty websites like this to hold them back. they were all afraid of god and their parents insisted they married and the whole stepping stone into manhood bullshit. times change as with every thing else. I don't think it's so much a problem these days. I get it, you at least want to experience it and you should, you've only got one life, but only you can figure it out. or just wait tell your moderatly successful and wait for your female co workers to brow beat you into marriage
>>
In the US, there's 1.07 men for every 1 woman.
>>
>>29199602
Never understood why people chirp /pol/ its gotten shit over the past year with all the meme nonsense, but before that there were some real gems of info on there(still are to a certain extent). Ask me to redpill on something and ill most likely be able to.
>>
>>29199528
>he actually thinks that realizing he's an unlikable piece of shit who will never get laid is some sort of amazing intellectual leap
>>
>>29199694
cmon anon, don't be that way.
>>
>>29199528
"Twisting and turning beside the slumbering Tereza, he recalled something she had told him a long time before in the course of an insignificant conversation. They had been talking about his friend Z, when she announced, 'If I hadn't met you, I'd certainly have fallen in love with him.'

Even then, her words had left Tomas in a strange state of melancholy, and now he realized it was only a matter of chance that Tereza loved him and not his friend Z. Apart from her consummated love for Tomas, there were, in the realm of possibility, an infinite number of unconsummated loves for other men

We all reject out of hand the idea that the love of our life may be something light or weightless; we presume our love is what must be, that without it our life would no longer be the same; we feel Beethoven himself, gloomy and awe-inspiring, is playing to our own great love."
>>
>>29199528

18 or 19 which was sort of late I guess. During high school I assumed I would get a gf in college, but then I discovered r9k, /pol/, TRP, etc and found out the true nature of women from those sites. I had been raised in a pretty blue pilled environment up until that time.

I realized how royally screwed I was in dating when reading the accounts of countless men online. I had been hopeful in the past because I believed in the fairy tale shit about everyone finding someone, but the number of lifelong male virgins on the Internet was a big wake up call to me that demonstrated it was far from a given that I'd ever escape KV status.

I've decided recently that getting out of being KV will become my lifelong mission.
>>
Well I was never interested in getting a gf in the first place.

I saw other people around me getting into relationships but I had no desire to. I thought I might feel differently as I got older but so far nothing has changed.

Anyone else feel like this?
>>
>>29199528

Is there for someone for everyone? A soulmate or something like that?

Realizing one is going to die a virgin is not the same as realizing that the notion of the soulmate is a myth. What you are describing is a realization of the former. Insofar as knowledge of that is concerned, it came to me not long after having entered adulthood. Seeing nothing but disgust in women's eyes whenever you meet their gaze is what initiates you into the knowledge that you are uniquely undesirable. This was something I learned examining my own experience.

However, I learned that the notion of the soulmate was nonsense not by looking at myself, but rather the example of others who did have the privilege of sexual relationships. Always the outsider in such matters, I looked from beyond the periphery and saw men and women forming relationships only to have them dissolve. I watched people maintain relationships only through compromise, struggle and sacrifice. And I've seen myriad examples of people who made these desperate sacrifices in vain.

There's a reason why the idea of the soulmate was presented in the Symposium by Aristophanes...who was a comedian. Because, if one looks at things as they truly are, it's a ridiculous idea.

So, the myth of the soulmate is a farce. Rather than a joining of two halves to make a whole, actual relationships are an ongoing compromise by which two whole people continue to participate in the human experience in its fullest sense. The end result is often disastrous.

So, no soulmate that will save you. There is no Other that magically completes the Self. There are just flawed men and women doing their best to live as people live.

The realities of sexual relationships can be quite bad. However, there's a reason people pursue them regardless. The sacrifices one makes to participate in the human experience can be painful, to be sure. But not being allowed to participate in that experience in the first place is even worse.
>>
>>29199602
>all of /pol/ is stormfront
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.