[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with contacts.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: contacts.jpg (49 KB, 1500x600) Image search: [Google]
contacts.jpg
49 KB, 1500x600
Any contact wearers here? Just went to the eye doctor today to get contacts, got a pair of a few that the doctor just grabbed for me to wear a little bit until my next appointment, They work, but are just a little worse than my glasses, it bugs me.

These aren't gonna be my final contacts right? I want to be able to see as clear as my glasses let me. I asked the lady and she said that my brain might just be adjusting, I wore them for 4 hours today and they stayed the same.
>>
>>29198608
>Contacts/glasses wearer here
Sounds like you need a stronger prescription, or you may get used to it. I personally did not experience what you said at the bottom of your post
>>
>>29198656
They are "toric"
>>
>>29198608
What >>29198656 said. I find that my contacts are normally a bit clearer than my glasses I'd say something is wrong with the contacts you got.
>>
>>29198690
Can you explain what toric is?
>>
If he grabbed a pair, they are not your exact prescription, just as close as possible. Yours actually have to be made then sent in, they don't keep every single prescription possible there, it's not cost effective.

Contact lenses are the most clear.
>>
>>29198710
Idk, she said It was for an astigmatism, because my eyes are both different levels of fucked up.

How could she have my exact prescription in the other room? I don't get it. They must just be roughly close to my prescription.
>>
>>29198742
I used to have an astigmatism and my lenses were more clear than glasses ever could be.

They give you the closest possible, they did it to me when I was given some testers to try out. No idea why they never mentioned this to you.
>>
>>29198781
>>29198730

Thanks!

portland oregono
>>
>>29198742
Tell her they're aren't right, just go back there and take care of it now before it just drags on
>>
>>29198781
Also to add the tester period isn't so much as to how your vision is, but to see if you can actually deal with using contact lenses and get you accustomed to it. If your worried phone up the opticians, no harm there if they are trying to sell you a product.
>>
File: uncut.jpg (24 KB, 297x282) Image search: [Google]
uncut.jpg
24 KB, 297x282
>>29198742
>an astigmatism
Astigmatism is a condition in which a malformation of the cornea causes distortion along a single axis (if its bad enough, it can appear as double vision).

I work in optometry clinic. We literally have every possible contact prescription in our trial contact stock. In other words, thousands of contacts.

>contact lenses are the most clear
Ignore the mongoloid that said this. While contact lenses can often correct vision to 20/20 just as well as a pair of glasses, a well-made pair of glasses is always going to be better correction than contacts.
>>
>>29199025
>a well-made pair of glasses is always going to be better correction than contacts.

Utter nonsense. Contact lenses give you the most closest to natural vision to the point you forget you are even wearing anything beause it completely covers the eyes, a pair of glasses always looks fake and strained in comparison because if you look around within the lense it's going to have a slight angular tilt to it.

>We literally have every possible contact prescription in our trial contact stock.

Then howcome in two seperate opticians when given a tester pack, they aren't exact which is told to me and I have to wait for my exact prescription to be made and sent in? Fair enough if this is the case at your practice but it hasn't been in my experience. They have a lot there yes, but to get it to the exact point while having many copies of this would take a heck of a lot of space.
>>
>>29198656
If anything, they should work better than your glasses because the lens is right up against your eye. Are they soft or hard lens?
>>
Contacts are annoying as fuck. Take too much time to put in and take out. Glasses are way better imo.

Anyway, your contacts should be the same prescription as your glasses. However they can slide out of place. If they don't correct your vision as well as glasses, just go back to glasses. Trust.
>>
File: 1431360363118.jpg (68 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1431360363118.jpg
68 KB, 645x773
>tfw too squeamish about eyes for contacts

I look better with glasses anyway
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.