[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realise ya dun goofed in life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
When did you realise ya dun goofed in life?
>>
>>29195966
When I spent four years of my life studying music in school rather than studying a useful subject.
>>
When I enrolled in university for pure physics.
>>
>>29195966

When I put all of my hope into people that always disappoint me.
>>
>>29195985
Are you me? except I'm old and still have no job
>>
>>29195985
>>29196320
Whoa are you me in two forms? What happened to both of you? Still studying over here.
>>
24 - 25 ish

>no degree
>living at home
>khv
>low tier min wage job

I mean technically I could turn this all around and become successful later in life, but 99% chance it is far too late. The hole I dug is too deep. Its like having an F in a hard class half way through the semester. Sure you could study your dick off and turn it around and manage C+, but most likely you're going to fail.
>>
When I didn't off myself in untero
>>
When I :
-left high-school and realized I spent these years masturbating and browsing the net, while for most people it's some of the best memories of their whole life
-started losing hair at 20
-realized that I'm not that "smart but lazy" guy, I'm just not that smart and really can't into college.
>>
>>29195966
When i fapped to IT
>>
>>29196368
On a gap year, going to a low end university to study politics because I fucked up my exams.
>>
>>29196538
>I fucked up
Sorry for bothering with question, but I'm very curious. How did you fuck it up? What precisely were you studying?
>>
>>29195985
>useful
A sperg like you wouldn't make a musician, anyway.
>>
When the cyber police issued a warrant for my arrest.
>>
>>29196610
What about the time police?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVyBG_aNFLE
Sorry about this retarded ratio
>>
>>29196585
I was studying music, English and business, idk where you're from and how the university system works there, but in the UK you need to get certain grades in these subjects to be able to get into different universities. I had been getting really high grades for each of my subjects throughout the years I'd been studying, was consistently top of the class, in top sets, won awards etc. When it finally came to the exams at the end of the year I thought I was set, I was consistently getting A grades in my business and English work, and my music course work was rated as some of the best in the class. Essentially, I believed that I was too good to fail at these exams and didn't put enough effort into revision as I should have, my final results reflected on the effort I put in, I didn't get an A in a single subject which basically blocked me off from getting into any university recognised as good. My other results were barely enough to scrape me into a low end uni in an absolute shit hole town. I tried applying for some of the more high end ones hoping that my achievements outside of my results would get me in, I even had my referral from the head of the police in our region, but all they cared about was the final grades I had received. And now, after years of hard work in school, I have nothing to show for it because I decided to be lazy at the end.
>>
>>29196240
what were you originally thinking?
>>
>>29196789
So from one university you had to study in order to gain access to greater unis? I think we have a similar thing but the exams look different depending on subject. On music for example you do a final thesis and gain things from there. It is also one subject at the time per semester.
>>
>>29196789
Also, what specifically in music were you studying? Was it centered around an instrument, or was it broader?
>>
File: 1465488627072.jpg (49 KB, 736x489) Image search: [Google]
1465488627072.jpg
49 KB, 736x489
>>29195966
When I dropped out of uni because I didnt want to do group work and became a neet. Im still happy for some reason.
>>
>>29196941
I didn't explain it very well, after secondary school we have a phase of education, it's this phase that allows entry to universities, this is not a university itself, the phase will last about two years from 16-18.

>>29196965
I started off by studying regular music at 16 which is pretty vague I know, basically we have to know music theory, be able to compose pieces, and be able to play our instrument well, after a while you can branch out, I chose to start studying music technology because I thought it was the most fun option. Basically, we had to be competent at using computers to create and record music, we had to know about different microphones, different wave lengths, using computers to record, using computers to make music from scratch, that kind of thing.
>>
>>29197077
Right, perfect sort of studio work by the sound of it.

Ah, I see. Yes, we have the same thing. I didn't do well either to be frank. The uni studies are part of a, let's just say, risky project. Maybe it will result in a lot, maybe nothing. And my studies are quite basic. Do you make your own music or worked in a studio? I know this is quite a insecure area, but I have nothing else. Might end up in a shitty slave job, or get into the military in case I truly do fail this project of mine.
>>
I knew I was fucked when I was 16

>22 with no degree and no money
Time to smoke weed.
>>
Seeing the thumbnail of that image and staring at it for about fifteen seconds, at first I thought the guy's hand was an ear, and there was a man wearing a plastic sheet over himself with a shirt over his face and a muzzle over his mouth leaning in closely to a terrified girl.
>>
>>29197231
Oh shit I see it now
>>
>>29197170
I used to make my own music, however, I had a kind of confidence crash when I realised I wasn't making anything I liked or anything that even struck me as original. I've tried applying for loads of jobs just to earn whatever money I can but no one in my area wants me, I'm always told 'we'll be sure to get in contact with you', of course, I never hear from them again. I'm getting pretty fit though so I've also considered the military or the police if all else fails.
>>
>>29197399
I see. I had the same issue for many years, finding myself just staring and my work and basically torching it again and again, starting over everytime. What do the people want in your area?

Yes, getting fit and joining the army is sounding more likely for us entertainers. Especially seeing as tension is rising our region of the world.
>>
>>29197200

>I wonder how I can fit the fact I smoke weed into a conversation today
>>
>>29197445
The thing about my area is that it's not exactly booming with businesses, it's mostly incredibly wealthy retired old people who live here or young rising football stars, the only reason I am here is because of my parents. Because of all the housing, the only businesses here are in a small village about a mile away, I can count the actual number of businesses there on my hand, there is a small super market, a fish and chip shop, a hair dressers, and a few cafes, if none of them are hiring, then there aren't really any jobs. My only other option is to move out and get a job in the nearest city which I can't exactly do as I don't have any money to buy a house or apartment.
>>
>>29197577
Damn, that sounds like a good area to merely visit to write material, but quite a doom to live in. Are there no greater cities near you? Have you ever tried getting into any near bigger town? I hope for your health it is not London. I know I am more or less asking nothing, but just I genuinely feel sorry for you and wish I could help.
>>
>>29197637
The nearest city to me is about an hours drive away if the traffic is favourable, I've tried applying for jobs there but it is so competitive that someone like me, with qualifications in music and English literature doesn't really stand out. however, I am eternally thankful that I don't live in London, I don't even know how it continues to function when a small home can sell for upwards of $1 million, unfortunately, house prices in most of the UK are only a little more favourable.
your kind words are all I need friend.
>>
>>29197721
No problem, we a little in common which is unusual. I hope it works in a strange unexpected manner and I will leave with my final wish of good luck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq36SxJ6OlM
>>
>>29197802
Been meaning to listen to Scott Walker for a while, thank you based anon.
>>
>>29195966
My first night in a Texas prison

Lawyer told me not to plead, DA offered 3 years probation and 3 months with an ankle monitor, easy case, go before a jury, you'll be home that night, easy, open and shut, they got no case, trust me

Jury took 1 hour to return a guilty verdict, 45 minutes of that time was them having lunch

Judge let me stay out before sentencing on my own recognizance, Uncle told me to cross into Mexico and he would travel with me down to Honduras, lawyer and my folks said not to worry, probation only, no big deal

Judge gave me 11 years, lifetime parole and I have to register as a Level 3 sex offender, court costs and $250,000 in restitution

That first night in prison was the worst, I was kept in an isolation unit, but you can still hear the noise, the constant, unrelenting noise, the screaming, the whistles, took me hours to get to sleep, the food really sucked and the guards search your things, watch you shower and shit, no privacy no respect, the constant strip searches and orifice searches, it is demeaning and dehumanizing

That first night lying on that crappy mattress, hearing all that noise, scared to fucking death

I did 9 of 11 years and am now in violation of my parole because I can't find a job, no one will hire me

I want to hero, but then the system and haters win and I will not give anyone that satisfaction

But that first night in jail, what the guards do to you, hosing you down, putting their fingers in private and personal places, laughing at you, taking you through the yard where all those eyes look at you, screaming, laughing, do that kissing sound, all those Niggers calling me white boy and boipussy, threatening to hurt me

9 years of living in fear everyday and the fucking asshole guards calling me "Baby Fucker"

Taking that girl home from the park, her telling her mother, that fucking bitch, she ruined my fucking life
>>
>>29197896
What the fuck did you do anon
>>
>>29197935
He fucked a baby in a park then told her mother.
>>
>>29197896
You ruined your own life faggot. Better luck next time.
>>
File: 1441334574076.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441334574076.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
I was born to a single mother

I came pre-goofed
>>
>>29195966
When I got sober in juvenile hall.
>>
When I realized CONSEQUENCES, will NEVER, be, THE SAME. asdfladjflakjlaladfljafaljkwBLUURP
>>
>>29195966
About the time I figured out that seeking to be a victim of drugs and manipulators wasn't going to magically bring some great savior into my life.
>>
>>29195966
halfway through junior year in high school
>>
>>29195966
I realized I dun goofed when Billy Mays informed me that he reported me to the cyber police and the state police
>>
File: 1461727124057.jpg (8 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
1461727124057.jpg
8 KB, 250x230
Basically, my life story:
>shit in highschool, graduate with 2.1 or something, Mom says "military or get out"
>join military after year of dicking around at shitty hs job/smoke tree a lot (started at end of HS)
>been depressed since I could remember, just gets worse after joining
>hate life, just try to get through it
>Join a band (been playing drums for 10+ years)
>shit becomes tolerable
>play music, do military, everything's good right?
>youthoughwrongfaggot.jpg
>start smoking weed regularly cause stationed in legal state/in a band/had it all figured out
>I worked a crew rotation so I could kinda tell when they were gonna piss test me
>get cocky/smoke more often
>band on verge of record deal with BIG dick record producer (gold records on wall, owns studios around the world, produced names you definitely have heard, the whole 9 yards)
>fail a routine inspection at job
>they take this opportunity piss test me outside of work rotation
>the jig is up
>get moved from my space command job (satellite operator), to logistics (mail room)
>put on hold for court martial
here's where the retard levels exceed maximums
>continue to smoke/be in band because I'm full on suicidal at this point (always kinda have been, but know had a reason)
>armed forces internal investigation interviews me
and here is the kicker
>"We all know why you're here, do you want to remain silent/get armed forces lawyer?
>me: "nah"
>proceed to tell them I got out and buy joints off of people down town (recreation legal)
>basically spill beans on everything without telling them my guitarist was the one getting for me
>"that's all we needed"
remember that part
>spend next 3 months in shit mail job waiting to probably go to jail (this branch has no "Brigs" so punishment is served at a local jail)
>3 months of unwanted pity, condescending looks, "hey friend, what happened?" and having mom call me to tell me how disappointed she was
>almost kill self many times in that 3 months
Con't?
>>
>>29195966
>no social skills
>crippling anxiety
>crippling depression
>losing my mind
>lost most of my ability to speak
>most like have something scary destroying my brain slowly
I am either going to be a NEET who is nothing but a burden to his parents with lots of student debt or homeless on the street. No idea how I could get a job, let alone hold one after college.
>>
>>29200264
yeah, you are kind of a Con't. by the way, apostrophes replace missing letters. in the word "continued," the only letters you're omitting are after the t, so it's "cont' " if anything. but "cont" is fine, or "cont." no apostrophe necessary. and no continuation of your boring story necessary either, buttfucker.
>>
>>29197896
Well thats what you kinda get for raping a baby, anon.
>>
When I was 12. Pretty much when my years of robothood began. Started playing lots of videogames, I was never good socially, and I knew I had they creep/shooter feeling about me even if I wasn't actually one.
>>
>>29197896
the american justice system seems so random and the prison condition so third world tier
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.