[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>21 years old junior, studying engineering degree. >Sharing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 5774576.jpg (43 KB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
5774576.jpg
43 KB, 300x252
>21 years old junior, studying engineering degree.
>Sharing a flat with another 2 dudes whom I met in my freshman year.
>They know I don't have long time friends as they clearly have.
>They are far more attached among them two than I am with.
>They are friends with a 6/10 girl, and they invite her to the flat whenever she feel its a good time to get a friendly fun time.
>I know this girl from first year too, but I never felt well with her (criticizes people who don't have a normie life and thinks it's their fault due to not being nice to people as she is)
>I stay in my room while they talk about some "super fun" stories that happened on the last party or whatever (they're in living room)
>Suddenly, she starts saying why I don't get out of my room, surely he's fapping or maybe he's "dead".
>I need to piss, or get a glass of water, so eventually I get out.
>girl: "Ohh look, it's anon, you finally left your refuge haha" "What happens anon, do you hate me? I'm sure you hate me, that's why you don't salute me..."
>tryingtobemyself.jpg
>anon: "haha I don't hate you, it's just I'm doing some college work... how's it going? all good?..."
>Awkward small talk, go to piss, returning to my room...
>girl: "anon you're leaving us alone again!" "You're always like that, you never talk, you just stand there when you open your mouth, for fucks sake sit with us you're making me nervous!"
>anon: "you come here and tell me what to do haha.." (in a good friendly way)
>girl: "what do you guys think? isn't he lonely, like a man in a cave?
>My "friends" chuckle a bit and say things like "yeah, he's like that..". It's like they don't want to hurt me but at the same time they team with the bitch.
>I close the door and sit in the chair, with a sigh.
>anon opens laptop and starts writing this shit

inb4 OP is beta faggot wasting his college years.
>>
I know it sucks. If you have to be around these people you have to completely change the way you act, even if it means pretending to be someone you aren't.
>>
>>29194174
Man, i feel ashamed of myself when this happens. They treat me like the socially inept guy i am.
>>
same thing i don't talk too mutch. people start to know how i am after long time but the majority just ignore me and i don't even care.
>>
I don't know what to do with myself...
>>
Don't worry about the social game. It's overrated. It's probably good that you make an effort to understand it, and especially have as much practice with it as you can in your position.

Mainly focus on your skills, your work ethic, and your education. The social game helps you compete in the career world, but having a solid skill set and education also helps you compete.

When you're old, the only thing that matters is how much money you have to buy a nice life, not how popular you were in college.
>>
>>29194115
You only have one realistic option at this point. Tell them that you aren't interested in what they're usually talking about and that you have no common interests.
>>
>>29194115
I think your roommates and this particular girl are liking you. It's how normies go. They use their kind of "humor" to get you in the group. They think they are funny, yes. And they are not trying to hurt you in any way. Most normies aren't into that.

You are the roommate of the 2 guys. They have a reputation. And don't want that people are saying that they are living with a weirdo. So they are trying to make get you an image that's not totally fucked up ("the man in the cave" is actually way better than "that psychopath who is planning a massacre").
If you were a normie, you propably had not a hard time to join them. That girl might even like you.

>"What happens anon, do you hate me? I'm sure you hate me, that's why you don't salute me..."

That's aggressive flirting in it's first phase. She is thinking about what you are thinking about her: "Do you hate me?" She cares about your opinion.

>I'm sure you hate me, that's why you don't salute me...

She feels hurt, because you do not greet her. That's even cute.

>for fucks sake sit with us you're making me nervous!

They want you to join the group so badly.

>girl: "anon you're leaving us alone again!"

She wants you to stay.
>>
>>29194115
Probably a sociopath desu

Just do your best to ignore these subhumans, they thrive on getting an emotional reaction out of you. It gives them a glimpse of what they'll never have.
>>
>>29195579
>>29195582
>>29195725

Thx a lot guys...

This was just an example of how my interactions go. Pretty bad as always... I know normies don't want to hurt me, but they do even if its not intentionally from their part.

One of the things i hate most is that my reaction time to certain responses is very slow and bad. When its "my turn" to attack, im still planning what to say... And as i need to say something, its very common for me to say stupid shit that either is agressive or selfharmfull like " i know i'm stupid haha..." or "and you're an idiot shut up..."

I end getting angry with who i am.

P.s. girl isnt interested in me in any way. She considers i'm not adult enough to get into serious relationships, she joked about that one time :( i dont even knew how to reply that...
>>
I'm >>29195725

>>29196134
I know how you feel, anon.
And I don't want to tell you to like normies or what they are doing. I totally get you and appreciate your point of view.

I wasn't getting along with normies for a very long time. They said to me things like: "Don't you have eyes in your head? I was waving my hands and you didn't respond!" Normies very often use a harsh language and assume others don't get offended by it. The thing is: I didn't greet people, because I have problems recognizing faces quickly. I can remember faces, but I need up to 10 seconds to recognize a person. You can imagine how embarrassing this can be in public. Not knowing, whether you do know a person or not. Looking at people's faces and not greeting them. Then I decided to tell many people about this socially castrating disability. They understood. They even thought it was kinda interesting.

You sound like a mild asperger to me. Maybe you should get diagnosed and just tell your roommates "how you tick". More often than not it the solution is to just tell people about you. I mean the real you: "Hey, guys, sorry, but I have this thing.. I am socially a little bit awkward, you might have recognized. That's because I am a mildly autistic..." Then explain to them. Most normies (about 90%) would not making fun of you in a hurtful way. They might even appreciate you being different.
>>
Just as another example, its 1:00 am and these "friends" are shouting about some youtube shit and laughing their ass off. I'm in bed writing this...

Moments before, i talked with them and i got the "dont bother me now pls" look. One was with headphones in his room watching some yt. The other was in his other room texting on phone. I gave a comprehensice smile and say okay gd night dudes.

And now?? They lmfaoing in the next room of mine making noise as hell because anon the weird just left us alone... Well, okay, fuck off.

But i don't hate on them, because its my fault to not realize what im dping with my life. Why worry about having them as friends if i dont share interests? Is it necessary to have friends anyways? I just want to live. Please.
>>
>>29195582

better option: ask them about the parties, and say something like, "well hey, invite me next time and we can all talk shit together."

or just jack off if they already think you are....
>>
>>29194115
You faggots do this to your selves. Act like complete autists and wonder why you have no friends. Here is an idea: how about you go get some liquor and all of you get krunk together. Have some fun for once. Unless you want to waist another night on this horrid board.
>>
>>29196479
You do not belong her, normie.
>>
>>29194115
You have to be 3 people buddy
1. somebody who is courteous to strangers and acquaintances
2. somebody who is fun and entertaining to friends and close family
3. yourself
>>
>>29196532

this is excellent advice
>>
>>29196479
>here go do something you hate just to fit in with people you hate that'll solve everything
>>
>>29194115
>engineering
>ENGINEERING

Who cares about those faggots. They're wasting their time doing staring at each other's faces and saying words. Graduate and get rich.
>>
>>29196399
>making noise/ playing music after 10 pm

truly the scum of the earth. I'm not even asleep since i usually play videogames until 3am but that doesnt give you a free pass to blast music or watch cancerous yt videos with your douchy friends
>>
>>29195725
>>I'm sure you hate me, that's why you don't salute me...
>She feels hurt, because you do not greet her. That's even cute.
this is bullshit. girls used to say this all the time in HS

They only say this to make themselves feel better because you're obviously not going to say "yes, I hate you".
>>
>>29196949
Where do you live? I'm from germany. I swear it's the case here!
>>
>>29194115
I was in a similar situation last year. It's a toxic environment, especially for socially awkward/reclusive people like us. I'd recommend getting a single for next year. Life is much easier without the hassle of roommates and random girls.

That said, you should work on your social skills. You should at least learn to fake social competence, even if it isn't natural.
>>
>>29196313
It please me somehow to know we have more or less issues to deal in life like your recognition problem. Not in a bad way, it makes me feel just less alone.

Your last paragraph striked me heavily. Because i thought about that tremendously. What if... I'm not only weird, but also asperger or something? For some stupid reason im always thinking when i watch some really bad diseases or accidentes that these things only happen to others. I'm healthy, both mentally and physically healthy. I cannot accept im insane in some way, im just pressing the wrong keys thats all.

Maybe i need to get diagnosed. But thats it, i fear to tell the world, and me, Im not that good. How will people react? How will my perspective of the world change.. Thx.

>>29196532
I tried. I even have some backstory.

There was a time, I obtained some highschool trip for learning/practice french abroad. No one knew me.

Well, this is the thing: I acted just as you said. Just before boarding into first plane, I was already talking to some guy about whatever shit came to mind. Energized as hell, i was giving a fuck about opinions from that moment, being like a typical crazy normie who is fun to be with.

I made a group of friends (3 guys and 4 girls). They found me funny and even awesome as a guy! I was a happy. I cant even believe it. During the 2 weeks that last the trip, i had some cool stories. Fuck, man, even girls flirted with me.

But then, well, trip was over. And o feared. I feared because they still thought i was cool in my home. I feared because they planned to meet all another time. And they found i had no friends. They thought i was fake :( but never said so...

I stopped contact with. Now, i feel ashamed to let it happen, to be happy for some days...

>>29196599
Thx anon. That made me laugh a bit.
>>
>>29194115
I'm a super autist who has a super autist wife and child. It is amazing when I travel and people think I am a crazy loner and make fun of me, and then I bring my son and wife in. The look of utter shock when they realize I have beaten them at their own game is incredible, and it lets me shit on them every time one of their relationships ends

I understand your problem, find something to be good at at flaunt it over them. Any normal that says you have no life because you are better than them at a real life skill is jealous and ruined inside
>>
>>29196773
I also played videogames until 4am... Now, i cant for some reason. I overthink too much and end never playing. Its sad. "What? Playing vidya? No, i need to start doing, now, the way to my prolific and wonderful life, but first lets see whats in 4chan..."
And its 2am right now. These guys are sleeping. Theres silence. I like it.

>>29196949
I dont even like this girl, in fact, i find her ugly. I agree with that they do it just for mocking us, not for flirting.

There's a girl i like in my college. She is introverted as me and she knows i like her. She liked me first day when we crossed eyes and ae even "dated" but it ened horribly bad. I got kiss reject in middle of street and now we act pretty awkward each other... The only thing i hope is she didnt sais tjat to friends. Sure she did....

>>29197138
How you improved? Would you kindly give some advices?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.