[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just found out a woman in our office complained to the HR (all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: woman-in-office.jpg (135 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
woman-in-office.jpg
135 KB, 600x399
Just found out a woman in our office complained to the HR (all dumb bitches) that the men at the office are making her feel bad. I was told this by another coworker (female) and she warned me to not talk with her anymore unless it's stricktly about the work.

Should I warn the other men or that will just snowball into a big shitstorm?
>>
some see you next tuesday I went to school with complained to the teacher that we were picking on her after a bout of what seemed like mutual banter... pretty much cut her out of my life after that
I assume the word will be spread by HR themselves, unless it was a truly trivial matter, but my guess is they'll take whoever it was to task. Might as well ex communicate her as a group though (I am assuming she's over reacting)
>>
>>29192903
>I am assuming she's over reacting
Well, yeah, she seems quite sensitive and all that crap, but it was all friendly banter, nothing offensive or mean spirited. She's quite young too, fresh out of university, so she's gonna have a hard time if she thinks our jokes were hurtful.
>>
well yeah, it is hard to say not knowing any of the content, but there is somewhat of a line that you have to know how to tread in a legitimate workplace (not warehouse, or farmwork). It is possibly more advisable to just compartmentalize banter to be with only people you would consider work-friends, and only out of direct hearing of other people.
It's kind of gay, but that's the white collar world in a nutshell (I'm sure there's thin skinned people everywhere, but just saying)
>>
>>29193050
>She's quite young too, fresh out of university,

Well that explains it. Tell her welcome to the real world kiddo. Nobody cares about your fee fees out here.
>>
>>29193219
that's actually incorrect though and is bad advice in a corporate setting
>>
>>29192903
>some see you next tueday

Is this some kind of new meta insult?
>>
>>29193385
I just did not feel comfortable calling a 10 year old a cunt, but I do not know whether it would be meta or not, don't think it's new but maybe I was just on the ground floor for it
>>
>>29193050
>>29192585
spill the beans m8, what were the jokes
>>
>>29193532
It's nothing special, just banter about the shit things she told us happened to her. She actually took part in the joking and didn't appear hurt or anything. Also it's not like she got a special treatment, we all joke around and nobody gets offended because it's not mean.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x534
>>29193515
Faggot

>>>reddit
>>
File: 1463326238289.jpg (116 KB, 1631x1872) Image search: [Google]
1463326238289.jpg
116 KB, 1631x1872
>>29193758
eating our own are we?
for shame, fellow homobot
>>
>>29193662
But it is mean. You just don't think it is because you don't care and you don't care because you're not the target.
>>
>>29192903
I watched a harassment tape that said ignoring or behaving coldly towards someone who reports something to HR could be considered retaliation, so I'd be careful about that.
>>
>>29193870
yeah, you're probably right. They'll get you coming and going
acting professionally is a kick in the balls but it is probably the best course of action long term
>>
>>29193870
Op here, that's why I'm hessitant on sharing that info (that she complained to HR) with the rest of the team because I fear they'll all start blatantly ignoring her or even worse some faggot will confront her leadiing to a big fucking drama.
>>
>>29193870

It's only retaliation if it has some work-related effect or affects her job/career in some way. For instance, if she makes a complaint and then suddenly doesn't get a raise that she was supposed to, that would be retaliation.

As long as OP still performs all job-related functions with her with no issue, there wouldn't really be a grounds for that because it's not required that employees particularly like each other.
>>
>>29193948

I wouldn't worry about it. If there's an issue with the environment HR will talk to everyone anyway, they're highly unlikely to fire anyone immediately. Better to let them handle it than try to rig things on the down-low.
>>
maybe the girl that told you is just jealous of the new girl and is trying to cut the head off of her rival before she curries the men's favor
people in the workplace lie like it's their job for reasons that are extremely trivial and petty
>>
>>29194022
Our HRs are a bunch of dumb bitches tho. I really doubt they can be objective and professional is such a situation.
>>
>>29194048
If your HR is a hen house I can guarantee they are meaner towards her than anyone on the floor. They probably fucking hate her for making them do paperwork.
>>
fucking normies go back to work
>>
>>29192585

reporting to HR is something only cunts do

both sides

where i work they dont say who reported whom anymore because one girl tried to kill herself after she reported a well liked guy for something stupid and got ostracized
>>
>>29194645
>one girl tried to kill herself after she reported a well liked guy for something stupid and got ostracized
nice
>>
>>29192585
You shouldn't talk with any of your coworkers unless it's strictly about the work, but then, bitches got me in trouble for that too. Hope it blows over nicely.
>>
>>29192585
>Should I warn the other men or that will just snowball into a big shitstorm?

warn? go RALLY them you faggot
>>
>>29195051
>You shouldn't talk with any of your coworkers unless it's strictly about the work
Fuck that, I'll slit my wrists if I don't talk with someone for 8 hours. And yes, there's no Skype or non-related Internet at my work.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.