[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1 million dollars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1465541393715.jpg (47 KB, 564x400) Image search: [Google]
1465541393715.jpg
47 KB, 564x400
>You get 1 million dollars
>All insects in the world grow 10x(ppl dont know it was you)

Would you do it?
>>
I would do it for free. That would make life so much more interesting.
>>
>>29190509
But it would be more scary anon kun.
All the spider jumpscares, you'd fuck over Australia too
>>
It's not an exponential growth, is it?
>>
>>29190536
Eh, they had it coming for the sheer amount of intense shitposting alone.
>>
>>29190569
Settle down mate, it's just joke you poofta
>>
>>29190560
That would be cool as shit, australian big spiders would kill humans and spiders in western countries could maybe kill cats and toddlers.

Mosquitos roaming around sucking animals to death, not letting go from weak resistance.
>>
>>29190471
>Get rich
>Feed world

Where's the negative?
>>
Insects already make up a ridiculous amount of biomass

If they went 10x the world would literally be covered in bugs

But they might also die because bugs physiology straight up can't support such large sizes

Fliers probably wouldn't be able to fly, and insect strength would decrease relative to body size if their exoskeletons could even support them properly, or if they could even breathe (insect respiration relies on surface area, I think) enough to function

But I suppose tiny bugs would still be viable

Oh and cicada season would be hell

Either we would all be killed by swarming insects or there would be giant bug carcasses everywhere
>>
>>29190684
How would you feed the entire world with 1 million dollars?
>>
>>29190471
No. One million dollars is not enough.

>>29190536
>spider
>insect

>>29190748
The entire world would eat giant insects.
>>
>>29190471
1 million dollars is kind of not enough money to fuck up the entire world
>>
>>29190471
maybe, i doubt many insects would be able to survive at 10x their size structurally. if it was like, small percentage of insects became huge and scared everyone and then the rest of the bugs could keep living, then sure.
>>
There isn't enough oxygen concentration to support insect life at that size. They'd all die within hours of the event.

So yes, I'd do it for $100.
>>
File: 14642286.jpg (11 KB, 236x217) Image search: [Google]
14642286.jpg
11 KB, 236x217
>>29190471
For 1 million I could essentially insect proof my new house and get a better battle station. I'm a fucking neet anyway what would I REALLY lose?
>>
>>29190471
Yeah, plus it would make insects not as scary anymore. The thing that's scary about bugs is they're so small they get away too easy and you don't know where they are
>>
>>29191633
>what would I REALLY lose?
the planet would not function correctly after they all dieded from being too big.
>>
>>29191357
>insects are now extinct except maybe a few insects that were really tiny, but they need to evolve to become populous again
>world ecosystem fucked up
>mass starvation and chaos
>civilization collapses
>humans might even go extinct because who knows what the consequences might be
>>
File: 14662840.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
14662840.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>29191673
Aren't most of us neets BECAUSE we gave up on the planet and its asshole inhabitants?
>>
>>29191712
Yes, I considered those factors. Congratulations.
>>
>>29191715
your million dollars would be worthless unless you planned on using it all in a few months and killing yourself after.
>>
File: Tryharder.jpg (45 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tryharder.jpg
45 KB, 1000x1000
>>29191863
Not before seeing everyone else go first
>>
I'm just gonna say fuck you science for now. 10x isn't that much, they might be cat sized at best.
My plan is to build a corporation to wipe out bugs. They will have ghostbuster uniforms and I will only hire mexicans and give it a funny rascist name.
I will be rich.
>>
>>29190471
That would most likely fuck up ecosystems around the world and wreck the economy, making my million worthless.

Would still do it for shits and giggles.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.