[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else here fall for the graduate school meme? I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: S7-HQ-JD.jpg (507 KB, 1596x1996) Image search: [Google]
S7-HQ-JD.jpg
507 KB, 1596x1996
Did anyone else here fall for the graduate school meme? I'll be starting medical school in two months, and I have no idea what to expect. I just want to be comfy. C-can grad school be comfy?
>>
>>29188629
Maybe, medical school sounds pretty based desu, and you've got great job prospects.

>tfw I start my M.Sc in September
>tfw I only applied because I thought I get rejected
>>
Med school probably won't be comfy but you'll be training to help others which is good
>>
>>29188629
No it won't be comfy. Don't start it unless you know you want it.

I'm 6th year and I'll be doing my residency soon, so I know. Say goodbye to your free time and social life and say goodbye to carefree life. You'll be studying this for the rest of your life and even when you're not working it'll be on your mind constantly.

It's not worth the stress if you know you're not gonna finish it.
>>
File: 1465567118149.jpg (137 KB, 634x872) Image search: [Google]
1465567118149.jpg
137 KB, 634x872
>>29188751

To clarify, my idea of being comfy is curling up with a book in a warm, cozy nook far away from other people. Indeed, I don't have much of a social life as it is, and whatever social interaction I currently have feels more like a chore than a pleasure. There's no doubt in my mind that I will find medicine fascinating, and there's nothing else I'd rather study. I know I will finish it. So, considering all of this, I guess my question was actually "can med school be comfy for a socially reclusive robot?"

My only fear is the fact that most medical students seem like annoyingly extroverted social butterflies from my experience, and I am most certainly not.

Anyway, it sounds like you're pretty stressed out by your career choice. Would you do it all over again if you could? What specialty did you go with? Any tips for doing well in med school / USMLE Step 1?
>>
>>29188629
Youre in for a ride of horrible 36 hour shifts and cleaning the shit of old peoples bums.

Being a doctor is way over romantacized.
If you want to chill, go in to comp sci.
>>
>>29188751
Also if you slack off people can die.
>>
File: 14.jpg (2 MB, 3696x2456) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
2 MB, 3696x2456
>>29189080
>My only fear is the fact that most medical students seem like annoyingly extroverted social butterflies from my experience
They are. But they're also arrogant and "smarter" than the rest (or so they think)

>can med school be comfy for a socially reclusive robot?"
ehhhh I don't know, maybe

I probably would but I'd never do my first 3 years ever ever again! I fucking hated that shit.

I'm doing anesthesiology and intensive care - pretty much the most stressful specialty there is.
>>
>>29189080
I'm stupid as hell so I gave up on the medical school route. Its too much to try to redo to have a decent application. I think you should go for it op. You'll be able to do all the things I'll never get to do. I legitimately couldn't pull the grades required to get in. I loved the material and spent a long time on it every night. Med school takes all kinds of people. You'll find others like you and together you'll learn how to be functional. Just go and get your grades, work your insane shifts and know that youre helping others and making an impact on their life.
>>
>>29188629
I'm working on my masters in social work
>>
>>29189268
>You'll find others like you and together you'll learn how to be functional.
this is false
>>
>>29189234
>anesthesiology

Aren't you concerned about nurse anesthetist encroachment?

Im interested in radiology, but I'm worried about computers and pajeets taking the jobs...

That leaves Pathology of the robot-friendly specialties, but it seems boring as shit.
>>
>>29189268
Medical school or any healthcare field school is filled with extrovert. Robot can't survive there. I am in 3rd year of pharmacy school and it is horrible. I wish pharmacy could back to do compounding and stuff instead of this patient center bullshit
>>
File: 8.jpg (2 MB, 2456x3696) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
2 MB, 2456x3696
>>29189592
>concerned
I'm not. I'm an ultra introvert

>radiology
Too boring imo.

>Pathology
I hate that nerd shit desu. It's 95% microscope work and the smell is pretty gross
>>
>>29189609
>Medical school or any healthcare field school is filled with extrovert. Robot can't survive there

Introvert doing residency here, I agree with this. Med school is full of extrovert normies.

Med school is uncomfortable but residency is really uncomfortable.

Shoulda been a sysadmin
>>
>>29189844
>>29189844
What's your residency?
>>
>>29189080
You'll have a lot more free time in med school than you think
>>
>>29190154

Psychiatry

original comment lel
>>
File: 7.jpg (2 MB, 2301x3168) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
2 MB, 2301x3168
>>29190365
>be introvert robot nutjob

>study psychiatry

like clockwork ;^)

All my colleagues that do psychiatry are also fucked in the head. But yeah it's for extroverts
>>
>>29189844
I really don't know what will happen when I graduate. I already been on 2 different co-op programs, 1 hospital and 1 retail pharmacy and it is so uncomfortable there. I am scare every time someone talk to me that I might go full autistic and they know i am a robot
>>
>>29191061
>and they know i am a robot
Oh don't worry about that, I'm sure they arleady know.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.