[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend wants me to go to a social gathering with him tonight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1455745177816.jpg (45 KB, 638x472) Image search: [Google]
1455745177816.jpg
45 KB, 638x472
My friend wants me to go to a social gathering with him tonight and I'm not going to know anybody there. How do I be the funny guy? How can I make people laugh?
>>
>>29188308
>just be yourself lel xD
No I'm serious it's way easier to get worthwhile friends by being yourself. Than having to act like a person that aint you. If you're not funny don't act funny. Hope you have a great time if not you always have us to fall back on.
>>
drink and smoke
it'll put you in the 'no fucks' confidence zone where you can b urself
>>
>>29188360
if I act myself I'll be in the corner all night analysing people's behaviour, and then I'll be analysing my own behaviour when I'm analysing other people's behaviour.

It's what I do.
>>
>>29188308
Don't meme in public, and don't be an edgelord. It's better to miss an opportunity for a funny joke because you thought about it for an extra second first than it is to say something accidently offensive.

Avoid following him around all night. A lot of people tend to follow their friend around like a lost puppy when they don't know anyone else. Make sure they introduce you to some people and then spread your wings... So to speak. Obviously hang around them a bit until you find someone or a group at the gathering you can relate to, but don't shadow him all night.
>>
>>29188308
if it was me I wouldn't go. I don't want to be dragged along by one friend either out of pity or because they don't want to go alone and have to deal with a bunch of strangers.
>>
Don't try to be 'the funny guy' or anything. People will notice you trying really hard and it will look autistic af.

When people say 'just be yourself' they mean don't be a tryhard. Don't try hard to look funny, or tough, don't put on a persona of something you're not. If people find you funny naturally, good but if you force it will not work well.
>>
>>29188433
it's not like that, he knows everybody there
>>
Snort cacaine and then chat uo the ugliest chick and try to bang her.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.