[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup robots So I'm dating a girl (inb4 normie reeeeee) who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: lelkyle.png (224 KB, 368x346) Image search: [Google]
lelkyle.png
224 KB, 368x346
sup robots

So I'm dating a girl (inb4 normie reeeeee) who has schizophrenia. I'm not that familiar with it so I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience with a family member/partner who also suffers from it. She's currently telling me she wants to kill herself and I'm worried she might go trough with it.

halp pls, what can I do to help her
>>
>>29184848
>dating someone with a hereditary mental disability

Dump her and find someone who isn't going to make little tardlets.
>>
>>29184848

is she on medication. is she have halucinations and delusions or just depressed? i have it too btw
>>
File: 1439845840624.jpg (427 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439845840624.jpg
427 KB, 800x1000
you need to fuck off normie reeeeeee

also you should keep dating her, in many cases of schizo having deep social bonds helps massively
>>
You should go ask reddit for advice on this v important matter
>>
>>29184858
We both hate kids, mostly looking to have 2 cats
>>
>>29184886
she is. however sometimes it wears off and she starts to hallucinate. Usually she just deals with depression but she has meds for that too.
>>
>>29184902
we just hit our 1 year mark 3 days ago. Been with plenty of chicks and they're all smelly roasties.
>>
>>29184848
Dated a shizo a few years ago and Op for the love of god get out of there as fast as you can
If you arent mentally strong she will destroy you
>>
>>29184932

after i had a psychotic episode i was hospitalised for a couple of months and was depressed for a while after. they put me on the ssri zoloft and i was on that for a couple of years. just come off it actually. i barely hear things any more but things can be really hard if shes still hallucinating. maybe she should try some different medication if hers is not effective anymore.
>>
What the fuck are you asking on r9k for?
Seriously who are these people who think 'hmm I need a reliable answer and one I can trust. I know! I'll go on fucking R9k! What the fuck is your major malfunction? You have the entire internet at your disposal.
>>
I am in exactly the same position as you. I just told her I don't want to hear any suicide talk its fucking depressing and it makes me worry. now she's talking about her appearance and wants to get kardashian style touch ups. Better than her crying. I sort of tune out when she talks
>>
>>29185268
>I sort of tune out when she talks

>having a gf to tune out to
>>
>>29185264
This when anyone comes here and asks about literally anything. That being said though here's my advice:

I have bpd, ocd, ptsd, and depression but not what she has and I've wanted to kill myself before. USUALLY it has nothing to do with my significant other, it's separate from them. The best thing you can do is tell her not to go through with it - don't get too emotional just use a lot of logic like you will miss her these are the reasons to live etc, dont act desperate and upset because she will get more upset that she is such a burden and upsetting others. Act like it's okay that she feels that way but here's logical reasons not to kill yourself. And insist that you will stay with her (idk if this is true for you but its nice to hear) no matter what no matter how many times she has to go to the hospital or how often she feels suicidal. The more upset she gets you should stay calm even if it's upsetting her that you are calm and she's telling you she wants an emotional reaction, tell her you are very emotional but you have to stay calm etc, if you just keep throwing logic at her reiterated by support. Like 'you can go to the hospital, its okay to feel bad, its okay to feel this shitty, its just a feeling its not reality, your life isnt as bad as you think it is when you are like this'
>>
I don't know, but you can't fix her if that's what you think desu senpai
>>
tie her up and make her a sex slave
>>
Is she (or has she in the passed) used drgs?

I was in a LT relationship with a girl who suffered from drug induced schizophrenia. She was on a 100 different meds. it's hard work and that shit doesn't get any easier with time, You'll end up becoming her social worker / nurse / carer. It takes its toll. I recommend cutting your losses and getting out how while yo still can. GL
>>
>>29184902
Hey bro, your totally bang on with that statement about social bonds. It's unfortunate that the mental illness can make the person unpleasantly predictable.

Having a female schizo partner can mean that she is just as likely to cheat, because of uncontrollable impulses. She is every bit as likely to punish her partner psychologically and physically by using instigative means. (Playing people off of you to get even during an argument, telling people you've raped/battered/cheated etc on her) to settle scores with you.

You're right about social bonds though. She'd be pretty good at dealing with people, on a people level as well.
>>
>>29184848

DAMIAN I'M A FUCKING POTATO
PEE ON ME! PEE ON MEEE!!!
>>
>>29184913
Dude - you sound you like her, can see past/differentiate between her illness & who the person she is underneath.

Your partner has control of 'if..when', to fertilise her eggs. One day, you could do something really dumb to p**s her off and bang, she's pregnant just to get even with you.

The problem with her illness is that symptoms can be passed on and the parent who has the illness can have a radically shorter and far more difficult time in their life. It's very sad to watch things like that unfold over time.

As a person, are you up to that?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.