[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/r9k/ complaining about not having a job Why not become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
>/r9k/ complaining about not having a job

Why not become an uber driver? You could make dosh while acting like admiral autismo the driver himself.
>>
My car is too old.
>>
>>29183091
>wanting to get stabbed by niggers
>>
>being a taxi driver
>>
File: 1426187693474.jpg (7 KB, 235x220) Image search: [Google]
1426187693474.jpg
7 KB, 235x220
The australian jew made it illegal without a fuss,

don't forget to tip, heheh
its customary in australia to tip maids, pizza boys, and taxi drivers over
eheheheheheheh
>>
hey its me, ur uber driver. Am outside.
>>
>>29183091
I don't want to BECAUSE I'm autismo. Being a taxi driver seems to involve a lot of smalltalk, and I'm bad at that.
>>
>>29184238
this, niggers are dumb and think you're holding cash from your fares
>>
>>29183091
Because I don't want to rack up a huge amount of mileage on my car driving drunk normies around
>>
>>29184335
Yeah I heard after you factor in mileage and shit it isn't that great of a job. I imagine it is an alright filler for people though.
>>
>>29184282
where r u?

uberblox
>>
everytime I get an uber now it's a disgusting shitskin driving, soon it won't be any better than a taxi.
>>
>>29183091
I don't get this Uber meme american normies spout
Why not use a taxi? They're literally everywhere and they use cash.
And there's all the other "Ubers" such as "for ladies" or "for transgender otherkin"

Plus it's way more unsafe to just get in someone's car since IIRC, they don't need to have any identifiers that they from Uber
>>
>>29184421
>Why not use a taxi? They're literally everywhere and they use cash.
ubers are 50% the cost of taxi, plus they take credit card, and arrive significantly faster at the touch of a button
>IIRC, they don't need to have any identifiers that they from Uber
the app tells you the drivers license, car brand/image, and photo of driver, plus theres a big uber brand plastered on the window
>>
>>29184667
>plus they take credit card
Don't they take ONLY credit card?
>>
is it ethical to allow a regulation dodging taxi industry to undercut their competition on the laughable premise that they're an app and not an actual taxi company?
I get that the public doesn't see the books and think paying less for a fare seems like a good idea to them, but is it not possible they're just stingy cunts who really do not care about their own municipalities?

If I started selling my own liquor and said that I was actually just sharing bottles and the booze inside was incidental the governing bodies would take me to task for it, yet somehow this semantic dodge of 'ride sharing' has allowed these technocrats to line their pockets by reaching into city coffers across the country.

I am literally shaking my head right not family
>>
>>29184790
Taxi Drivers are bigger rip-offs than auto car repair shops. If they even sense you're not familiar with the city, they'll take the longest possible route to milk you out of every last penny they can. Also most of them are incredibly rude and are a danger on the road

Fuck them
>>
>>29183091
I'm not allowed to drive.
>>
File: 1447985839335.png (105 KB, 407x389) Image search: [Google]
1447985839335.png
105 KB, 407x389
Uber driver, here.

>Why not use a Taxi?
Uber is way cheaper and more readily available. There's also more accountability on the part of the drivers, with rating systems and the ability to contest fares or cancel requests. A taxi may keep you waiting 20mts or just never show up, and the Nigerian driver may run you several times around the block even though his gps tell him to stop three turns ago, with no recourse to this up-charge on your end, as a passenger. I've been through this with yellow cab as a passenger multiple times.

>It's not safe
We're not safe. I get molested several times a night by women or gay men wanting me to either stop what I'm doing and go barhop with them, or just go home with them outright, or do drugs with them.

Uber drivers have to go through a warrant check, background check, vehicle inspection and physical. The app monitors where you are at what time and with who, so there's always a record of who was with who and where and when.

>But you're getting into a stranger's car!
So are you with a taxi. We go through the same checks and registers, only you're more likely to get another young white person as your driver that goes to the same bars and venues you do, rather than a 45 year old immigrant or questionable background.

Everything is monitored, everyone is checked as much as a taxi, only there's more of us and we're held more accountable. I just wish they didn't cut our fares like they did. I get what Uber was going for, but it's not like they're going to raise our cuts back up, after they've choked out the cabs and Lyft.
>>
File: brownis_paha_ilme.jpg (20 KB, 400x529) Image search: [Google]
brownis_paha_ilme.jpg
20 KB, 400x529
no uber here, no drivers licence, danger to traffic and people behind the wheel
>>
>>29183091
Because the driver takes on tremendous liability if something goes wrong.
>>
>>29184790
When I call a taxy 70% of the fare goes to the state

This is enough for me
>>
>>29184790
>muh obsolete business model.

Uber's profit as a company is taxed like any other. This is the innovation that the market demands. You will not artificially monopolize transportation.

f u c k y o u
u
c
k
y
o
u
>>
>>29184790
Your thoughts on this are normalised by the accepted practice of the state enforcing a right to take a cut from every interaction between people. You'll argue that a cheaper fare, and no taxi permit, denies revenue to the state. Whereas, in fact, it frees up otherwise unproductive cash to be spent where an individual decides it should be spent.
>>
>>29186371
I'm not talking about business model, I'm talking about evasion of a levied usage tax. By avoiding the city imposed fees they still pay federal state/provincial but the city gets fucked and it is their roads getting used

>>29186412
I would say that those two things are not mutually exclusive, but also your premise that taxes as "unproductive cash" is false. If you're simply an anarchist and do not believe taxes should be levied at all, then fair enough but don't try and disguise it behind fallacy.
>>
>>29183091
I've had 4 people I know personally get DUI's this year, so I've been using uber almost every weekend. I love how cheap it is, but goddamn, some of the driver's I get are awful

>last Saturday, order an uber to take me to my cousin's house to watch the UFC fight
>uber app says my driver is 3 minutes away
>go outside and sit down on the curb, don't want to make him wait
>15 minutes later, still no fucking uber
>sweating my nuts off, decide to go back inside
>give the driver a call, ask him where he's at
>says he stopped to get a few groceries at the dollar store, he'll be at my apartment in a few minutes

I cancelled that shit and left him a bad review. You don't accept a call, THEN run errands. You do your fucking job and then go and get shitty hangers and tampons. I've also had a driver who was working his first day, and I was his second customer ever. I was drunk as hell but offered to buy him whatever he wanted at Denny's if he stopped, he was thrilled. Found out he just got back from korea, he was stationed there for a few years. Now whenever I'm on the east side, I give him a call when I need an uber and usually he'll pick me up
>>
Why should NEETs work under capitalism?
>>
File: 1465564824290.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1465564824290.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29183091
When I was a kid, I actually dreamed of becoming a taxi driver when I grow up.

However, customer service isn't my strongest point, so yeah.
>>
>>29186936
>implying you need to talk to your passengers

Just turn on your music, blast the A/C, and drive. Nobody is going to be offended if you don't talk to them, trust me
>>
>>29186936
turn on al jazeera FM and just ask where they want to go
>>
>>29186936
my parents both were taxi drivers and they were fucking losers

both got robbed once on their job but were not harmed at all (only threatened)
>>
>>29184276
>its customary in australia to tip maids, pizza boys, and taxi drivers over
What?
Which Australia do you live in?
>>
>>29187016
The Australia in North America of course

Florida
>>
>>29184683
Don't most banks these days offer a credit/debit card, meaning your standard debit card can be used for credit transactions only the money comes out of your account as opposed to from some credit allowance.
>>
>>29186936
Trust me dude, I take Uber every weekend, twice a weekend.

Surprisingly I love socializing but I fucking hate talking to Uber drivers like holy shit, I'm glad when I get an uber where the guy just says where too etc.

But sometimes, very rarely you have a really good convo with them,
>>
>>29187040
Wait, what?
First time I've heard that comparison. Looking it up this seems to be a thing. Why is Florida the Australia of North America?
>>
>>29186936
I can't handle money as when it comes to performing any basic arithmetic around people, my brain shuts down and I feel like crawling up and dying.
Kind of unfortunate as I'm a good driver and enjoy driving. I could take a tablet with me and do my daily Anki reps and reading while waiting from passengers. Sounds almost ideal.

Not as idea as living alone in a lighthouse with an internet connection, though. Holy shit, that would be amazing, the perfect robot hideaway.
>>
>>29187121
If I had to guess, I would say it's because of the wildlife
>>
>>29187121
Filled with criminals, deadly wildlife, good food
>>
>>29187178
>>29187208
Oh, so it's another one of those Americans have no fucking idea of what Australia is like outside of Hollywood, things. How boring.
>>
>>29184421
Because taxis are fucking Jews
Smelly Arabs charging like $50 for a ride across town, then expect you to tip.
With Uber I don't need to have cash, it all bills to my card directly, and it's cheap as fuck.
I can go grocery shopping and uber home for like $7 instead of lugging it onto a bus or paying $30 for a taxi
>>
>>29186233
Iirc, uber isn't designed to be a career, more like a side hustle.
One dude I always get travels a lot between cities, so he became an uber driver and the passengers pay a bit of his gas and such while he's out traveling between stores and such.
Cool guy
>>
File: 1459688766331.jpg (135 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1459688766331.jpg
135 KB, 800x800
>>29186791
Oy vey!
Pay those taxes, goyim!

Get fucked, faggot.
Should the government also tax me for evey carpool I split to travel home from university?

Government makes enough in taxes
Fuck off
>>
>>29186791
>implying american cities' actually fix their roads
Ok anon thanks for keks
>>
File: 1448513130104.png (733 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448513130104.png
733 KB, 500x500
>be an uber driver for 2 weeks
>one night is pretty busy and making mad money
>drunk couple need a lift
>decide to try and fuck in my back seat
>tell them to knock that shit off or I'll just drop them off right here
>the guy ends up throwing up in my backseat, didn't even try to make it out the window
>rest of the night is spent trying to clean up vomit and get the smell out of my car

Also do you REALLY expect /r9k/ to be able to be uber drivers? you first need a licences which most of this board doesn't have and second of all you need a relatively new car
>>
>>29187788
splitting a car ride isn't a commercial venture for the driver, where as an uber driver is actually not sharing a ride but selling their cartage for well below its market value

but nah, the government doesn't need any money, have a good summer slugger
>>
>>29184790
>muh artificial monopoly is a good thing

if it was about taxes then the state could tax uber. It's not, it's about incumbents wanting to keep their monopoly.

>reaching into city coffers
lel what kind of person are you man
>>
>>29183091
because I can't do anything right and take wrong turns even with a gps
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.