[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Avoidant Personality Disorder fucking sucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1465189815017.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1465189815017.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
Avoidant Personality Disorder fucking sucks
>>
Can you go into detail on how it has affected your life?
>>
Just read the wiki page on APD and I have literally all the symptoms.

I don't think I have avoidant personality disorder though I'm pretty sure I'm just a loser
>>
>>29182623
I've gone through 4 friend circles because of this shit.

If anyone shows the slightest hint of criticism or playful bullying, my mind upscales it to ridiculous proportions. If I get called out on me fucking up, I feel I'm inferior and not worthy of their standards.

It's been a month since I last talked to anyone besides Mom. I just can't keep friends.
>>
>>29182560
>X personality disorder sucks
No shit. All of them do.
>>
>>29182687
my negroidal buddy
>>
>>29182560
>friends invite you out
>you overthink and get really scared
>decide not to go
>always do this so they stop bothering
>start feeling shitty and inferior
>avoid them and leave the group to not be a bother

Feels really bad
>>
>>29182687
it's clear that you have it but avoid to get diagnosed
>>
File: 1455644547863.jpg (130 KB, 900x1113) Image search: [Google]
1455644547863.jpg
130 KB, 900x1113
I don't mind it too much. It's better than trying to be social, honestly.
>>
File: 1461610456832.png (402 KB, 457x700) Image search: [Google]
1461610456832.png
402 KB, 457x700
Avoidant/NEET here. Haven't talked to another human irl in 5 years.
Honestly, I'm ok with it. I don't get lonely. Its the boredom that gets to me.
>>
>parents used to force me to go out, socialize and do stuff
>felt like shit
>parents realize how awful this was for me and stop
>feel like shit for letting my parents down
It never ends.
>>
>Need a new jacket
>afraid of going to the store because I might embarrass myself somehow
>just get wet when it rains

Do I have APD? I'm scared of social interaction and going to places I've never been before.
>>
>>29182560
That disorder just sounds like a cover story or label they can slap on a person who has been bullied all their life and thusly realizes people are assholes and avoids them.

It seems like a way to discredit the environmental factors and avoid placing the blame on bullying/people being assholes. (And also sell lot's of pharmaceutical chemicals as "treatments" of course!).
>>
Both me and my father have it. Apparently it's not impossible to get married when you have the condition.

He answered her personal ad in the newspaper when they were both almost 30. It was the first time he had ever approached a woman. He married the first woman he ever dated. He's never had any friends and has gone straight from work back home until he retired when he stays home constantly except to get beer and food.

I don't want this to be my future. I can't imagine living a life so utterly dull and meaningless until I'm 60. I mean I've been doing it up until this point, but I don't want that to continue.
>>
>>29186624
It's fully accepted that it's mostly if not entirely caused my environmental factors and they don't even have any approved medications for it. Therapy is the most effective treatment.
>>
>took me a year to get a bank acount open
>parents want me to get a job. Every day i convince myself that the next day i'll make the calls. Never fucking happens
>droped out of college. Haven't told my parents. Didn't tell my teachers or class mates. People are wondering what's happened to me
The fucking guilt man really eats me up inside sometimes
>>
>>29186680
>droped out of college. Haven't told my parents. Didn't tell my teachers or class mates. People are wondering what's happened to me

I did this too. I know about the guilt. You can get past it. Try to be kind to yourself.
>>
made up disorders that can all be summed up as 'being a bitchboi':
>avoidant personality disorder
>schizoid personality disorder
>"depression"
>social anxiety disorder
>generalized anxiety disorder
>borderline personality disorder
>type II bipolar disorder

genuine mental health conditions:
>schizophrenia and related disorders (schizotypal, schizoaffective)
>type I bipolar disorder
>autism
>>
>>29186941
i'm going to take a wild guess and say you have autism
>>
>>29186941
>depression is a meme
please explain to me why people commit suicide then
>>
Everyone has characteristics of some mental illness or mental disorder, but you're only classified as having one if these if your characteristics, feelings, and reactions prevent you from living comfortably and supporting yourself.

Sort of like how experiencing pain is normal, but chronic pain can prevent someone from holding a job and being independent.
>>
>>29187051
Yeah mate i know. I'd do almost anything to be a normal sane person and lead a normal life. That's why when self proclamed psychologists like this one>>29186941 come along and start talking out of their asshole about how so and so mental illness isn't real it drives me fucking mad. The worse thing is is that he probabily has a perfectly stable happy life
>>
>live with chatty roommates
Buying a mini-fridge soon. Never gonna have to be outside in the daytime again. Cook at night, bring everything back and eat it all cold.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.