[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hanging out with friends at party >"yo we should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: fuck.png (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
10 KB, 200x200
>hanging out with friends at party
>"yo we should all go to dinner next week"
>everyone agrees they're down to go
>next week comes
>no messages
>mind you these are my "good" friends
>check snapchat stories
>one of them posted a picture of them all together at a resturant
>text my "friend" wtf why he didn't invite me
>"sorry dude we fucked up"
>tfw whenever we're missing someone when we all hangout I always ask where is anon1 and anon2?
>tfw they don't
>tfw forgotten by my own friends

Why does this happen? Why am I the only one looking out? Should I just drop them? This isn't the first time this has happened. Fuck this feel.
>>
>>29181957
you're "that friend" people don't respect and would only call you first to use you for something.

Get better friends. t. expert on manipulation
>>
you should defnietly drop them.
>>
>>29182018
Am I a roach? You confuse the fuck out of me post one of your creepy wojacks
>>
>>29182018
They're the only friends I have. And I'm autistic so it's hard to make new ones at uni.

>>29182023
I guess I'll have to do that..
>>
>>29182018
what does your trip mean? are you diagnosed schizo?
>>
>>29182041
if you have to ask then yes, skitter skitter shoo shoo.

>>29182041
you're but a pawn in their game, leave them.
>>
>>29182054

Which uni do you go to senpai? I'm in the same situation. My friends are assholes, never invite me anywhere and ask me for shit all the time. I'm just too socially awkward to find new ones.
>>
>>29182054
Tough shit bro. They aren't your friends. You need to drop them before they only disappoint you even more. Do it for your own sake.
>>
>>29182077
there was a music thread awhile back I twisted around the lyrics of an album someone posted. It fits nicely.
>>
>>29181957
Sorry anon-kun, the truth is most people just aren't very mindful, nor empathetic.

If they were mindful they would actively notice. If they were empathetic, it would bother them. I think a lot of this is our instant gratification culture but I could be wrong.

Do you have slightly different interests than them? Is there anything that gives you an 'otherness'? Are you introverted? Those all contribute.

I have...well, had...pretty decent friends here at work. They would get together to go have drinks and whatnot in varying configurations, or to mountain bike etc. I am pretty much never invited because I don't drink as much, not in to sports, etc.

Of course, I'm middle management now and so I'm not even included in their text group any more so I basically have no friends. In some ways this makes me sad because I could invite them and they would go do stuff with me, now I feel like that would be violating a boundary they've set. Even though they're friendly and sociable to me at work still. It's not the same.

On the other hand though, I've accepted my introversion, and this return to aloneness is kind of refreshing. I say this because my wife used to try and push me in to hanging out with them, even to invite them over to our house for BBQ or something; I never like doing that. So, now I have a precedent for why that can't happen, and I get more 'me' time.

Honestly, I know the grass is always greener on the normie side, but it sucks in its own ways. I really do prefer just being by myself having had it both ways. I know that doesn't make you feel better, but it's true.
>>
>>29182093
It's a small college in southern California

>>29182228
Wow thanks for the long reply anon. Felt good to read that someone else cares and can relate.

We don't really have that much difference at all, except for maybe they're good with girls and I don't really bother to try for em. We all like games, weed, and similar music.

I do like being alone too, but it loses its novelty fast for me. Even when I'm alone in my room I much prefer to be on the computer and talking to my steam friends on teamspeak. (Which of whom are much nicer than my rl friends and I haven't even met these guys in person yet)

Well anyways thanks for the caring reply, it actually made me feel better.
>>
>>29182291
What games do you play on steam anon?
>>
File: understanding.jpg (26 KB, 400x369) Image search: [Google]
understanding.jpg
26 KB, 400x369
>>29181957
It's just what happens when you're the introverted weak link or live just far enough away from the majority of your friends to make it impossible for you to hang out regularly. In my case it's both, not only do I not want to chill all of the time, I live about 20 or so miles away from my pals who all live within a five mile radius of each other. It's pretty much what you would expect to happen desu; they chill all day most of the week and, naturally, uncommonly fun and memorable shit just sort of organically happens when you're not around.

To clarify though, this does eventually get excessive at points, I could go a month without calling up any of my friends to chill and likely wouldn't get a single inquiry to hang unless I had started a dialogue the day before, and even then that would be uncommon [tested this to see what would happen, no queries to chill]. Your friends are normies anon, just like mine. I imagine that you all have a solid game or recreation you enjoy like Melee or Berserk which drives a larger unyielding passion you can bond over, but at the end of the day you are likely the weakest link and will only maintain your friendship through one sided efforts. I'd say it's worth it though, typically its benign ignorance of your existence or irrelevance to social situations that causes them to forget about inviting you to do shit.
>>
File: 1459763143067.jpg (94 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1459763143067.jpg
94 KB, 601x508
>>29181957
>End of the university studying
>Everyone are making photos together
>Standing and smilling when photographer makes photo
>You stand next to photographer and smile, but inside you dying, because no one tell you to join a photo, even though you like these guys and play football weekly with them
>You are just a "additional football guy" so teams would be even
>Next there are photos on football match and one more time - making photos.
>one more time no one tell you to join
>tfw you know that it's your fault because you never deeply care about social interactions with them - only sports and educational

:(
>>
>>29182365
Rocket league, 7 days to die, rust, csgo. I have a lot of other games but I only really play them if people ask.

Then I play overwatch and bf4 for nonsteam games.

>>29182439
Damn that's rough to live far away. I think if you lived closer you would probably get invited a lot more.

Yeah I do enjoy playing guitar and writing music, something they aren't a part of at all. I also play PC games, while they're on console so there's another separation. The shitty thing is, you're right about it being one sided.

There's only one friend out of our group of 6ish that will reach out to me, but he cucked me in high school (swooped the girl I had been talking to and took on 1 date already) but since it was high school I forgave him so I didn't have to go through HS without any friends. (The other guys didn't care as much as I did to kick him out of our group, so I either forgave him and stayed friends with everyone or dropped him and try to find new friends.)

>>29182456
I'm sorry anon. That's fucked that they didn't include you even while you were right there. It will be okay though anon, you have us robots to cope with.
>>
File: hive feel.jpg (89 KB, 838x959) Image search: [Google]
hive feel.jpg
89 KB, 838x959
>>29182616
Ahh, an OP that diligently tends to his thread, always a nice sight to see.

>(The other guys didn't care as much as I did to kick him out of our group, so I either forgave him and stayed friends with everyone or dropped him and try to find new friends.)
Seems like you've had to make a lot of strategic choices to maintain a social life anon, I can relate. I had to ditch my bestest buds that made up what was the equivalent to the three musketeers in friendship terms because they regularly took slight advantage of my good will until one incident where they ditched me and tried to rat me out to the cops. Luckily I had made friends in another county through happenstance which I had been keeping as back up and have been my default group for years now.

Dad 76 player here, if you're down to play waifuwatch in the future.
>>
You're filler. If they don't have enough for a party or to go to the movies, they'll think of you, but you're not someone they care about. This happens in every single social environment/circle ever created. It happens at work. It happens at college. It happens in high schools. It happens in fucking MMOs. Is this really your first experience?
>>
>>29182763
Thanks for appreciating my thread tending, anon.

Now that you say that, I do feel like that keeping friends was always an effort, when it shouldn't be. How did you end up in that situation with the cops? That's fucked they would rat you out.

I'm always down for some waifuwatch. How should I add you?

>>29182792
That's unfortunate that that's how social circles work. I'm the type of person that tries to see the good in people, and always give everyone the benefit of the doubt, which is probably why this shit happens to me.

They have been my friends, and only friend group I've had for a while. I was one of the first people to form the group. It all started in elementary school, where we formed the original 4, then as we went to middle school and high school we have the 6-10 we have now. That's why it's so hard for me to drop them all.
>>
File: 1464007015416.jpg (130 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464007015416.jpg
130 KB, 500x500
>>29182291
No problem. Pass it on some time when someone else needs it.

I just browsed the 'Saddest Pictures' thread, then came back here and re-read my own post. I think I'm going to go have a cry. I haven't cried in...years.

Christ, I am 28 and still not much has changed really. I wish I'd enjoyed having friends more while it lasted. I wish I'd gone mountainbiking the few times one of them did invite me...I never did because I'm not as good as they are.

Why do things gotta suck so bad sometimes.

I can't wait to be off from here and go play with my dog. Dogs don't care about your relation to the fucks in Admin, or the problems that are out of your realm of control, or whether you like one beer or twelve, or how many girls you've been with FFUUUUUCCCKKKK

All they care about is if you'll pet them, or if you'll just make their day by sitting on the floor for a minute and throwing that stupid slobbery rope that they love, or if you'll take them for a walk down the road. Any of those things and they're just happy as hell. And they're friendly, and if you're sad they come and plop their head on your chest and try to lick you til you smile.

And they don't send nasty, hateful, mocking texts behind your back while being nice to your face.

31 more hours and I can be out of this unrelenting hell a few days. 25 more years after that.

Fucking kill me....
>>
>>29182456
I was never in any yearbook photos in school aside from the standard one.

After middle school (elementary maybe, even) I didn't even bother getting one. I just want to forget. If I still counted those years as important or relevant like most people do I'd be a devastated mess.
>>
>>29182992
Not even the one guy who I would talk to frequently even says hi anymore, now that I think about it. He's only one or two qualifiers from being a robot himself. We would always talk about stuff, he was in to guns and stock investing like I am, we were making plans to go do pistol matches and stuff together...we'd laugh at the same stupid shit...

I never realized how much it had come to mean to me to have people who actually cared to even speak to me, or treat me like a person. I came to take it all for granted. I wish I'd appreciated it more.

I wish Drew would just text me and ask what I'm doing or if I want to go shoot some clay pigeons or something. I'd even bring the clays. I just...I just want to feel like...

>>
>>29182992
Chin up bud, try to look at the good things in life, like your dog. It seems you hold on to the bad too much. It's good to feel sad here and there, but make sure you enjoy as much as you can while you're here in earth. We only get one shot at life.

What's this whole 30 hours and 25 years thing? I don't follow you there.. Well I hope whatever it is you will be okay anon.
>>
File: 1446527911364.jpg (100 KB, 430x615) Image search: [Google]
1446527911364.jpg
100 KB, 430x615
>>29182891
>How did you end up in that situation with the cops? That's fucked they would rat you out.

The story itself is a little personal and i can't think of a way to shorten it enough without changing details which would make it sound different enough from the irl experience. Suffice to say I go fugged up on psychedelics and after I had to run away from a group of cops that chased me into the woods, I found out that they found me in the first place because the two of them had pointed them in my direction after we got split up because I was fucked in the head at the time.

Only reason i found out was because a fourth dude had been hanging out with us on the night in question and saw them throw me to the pigs.
email my throwaway account and I'll send you my battlenet address for invite.
[email protected]

It's 4:30am over here though so I'm off to get sum sleep, I'll be playing memewatch over the weekend though.
>>
>>29183125
Thanks man.

Hours til end of the workweek and years til retirement, lol.

I'll be okay. I usually am. But sometimes the stars align and I just break down a bit and things seem worse than they are.

Reality is, I've got it great. Certainly better than I thought it would have turned out by now. Better than most of r9k, probably, and I'm grateful.

I'll be aight.

I'm going to bed. Thanks for the thread fella, hope you find some better friends or things work out with the ones you have.
>>
Yeah dude. I've actively been told to fuck off when I ask why they didn't invite me. I don't bother anymore and they never talked to me again except when one needed help. I kept telling him I'd do it then on the day before this assignment was due, I told him "sorry man, can't do it". He ended up failing kek.
>>
>>29183177
No problem man. Glad you have it good. You seem like the type of person that works hard for shit but sometimes doesn't get all the appreciation you deserve. Keep your head up bro. You are a good guy.

I'm glad my thread could help. See you around anon.

>>29183138
Aw man that is ice cold that they did that. It's good you found out that they ratted you out though, you don't need toxic friends like that.

I'll send ya an email, I'll be on over the weekend too.

>>29183186
They just told you to fuck off straight out? That's fucked. Nice job on BTFOing him though, that's pretty funny.
>>
>>29182616
my dude, let's play rocket league
steamcommunity.com/id/00OO00
>>
>>29181957
>tfw this happens to me profusely too
>tfw I've never dared spazzing out like you did, asking them why they forgot me, because I want them to know that I know my place which as the guy to make fun of in the friend group ;-;

At least t-they're friends r-right?
Not like I could acquire any other anyways. These ones will have to do ;-;.
>>
>>29183530
Sent a friend request

>>29183574
Spazzing out? Nah dude I'm just not a fan of taking shit from normies. They're not better than me, and I will let them know that. You should too. Don't put yourself down anon.

You should make the effort to get new ones. I will be doing the same. Good friends can make you very happy.
>>
>>29183186
Thank you for that 2nd hand schadenfreude, anon
>>
>>29182456
Your English is cute :3 where from?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.