[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creative coping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: judy.png (536 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
judy.png
536 KB, 894x894
hey everyone. Was wondering what different ways of coping you guys use for dealing with depression , illness, anxiety, stress etc. I'm a professional artist, and loner by choice. I've been spending nearly 2 decades working on my art. What constructive hobbies do you like or would recommend to others?
>>
i make dope beats

oregano commies
>>
>>29181595
video games (dota/oldschool runescape/overwatch) anime, music, beating off
>>
>>29181645
Pretty much this
I also have wild daydreams of going on a rampage and killing a lot of people. It's really calming to imagine a stacy struggling for life.
>>
I often incorporate my most negative thoughts into my art, and then I hide them by painting, sculpting, scratching over them.
>>
>>29181595
Vidya. Writing. Movies.

I have a loser female friend and we act like we're in a relationship, to the point of mutual masturbation and a lot of lovey words.

It's not exactly creative or worthwhile but I'm sometimes happy.
>>
>>29181595
drugs, all my passions/hobbies died a long time ago. dont care about anything.
>>
>>29181645
Switch anime with 80's action films and we're golden fampai.
>>
Exercise. And it doesn't have to be the lifting at the gym to bulk up meme, or team sports. Nothing really makes me feel so damn good as a few hours of running about.
>>
>>29181595
OP here. Pic related is my art.
>>
>>29181645
>anime

literally kys
>>
>>29181595
No hobbies, habits.
Setting little goals.
I would swear by it. Start little and get bigger. As small as getting out of bed by a certain time. Eventually increase to "Wake up , eat breakfast by 8am, do 5 push ups, and add one section to your resume by noon". Keep increasing as you succeed at smaller tasks. One day you'll wake up and find you're a actually a productive member of society and pretty happy and proud of yourself.

Once you start checking things off your list physically on a piece of paper, it reboots the fucked up parts of your brain that can't do motivation and rewards. little by little your brain becomes a little more normal so that you can self-motivate. Lists and goals also help you create order. When you become more prepared,you reduce stress and anxiety.
>>
>>29181782
kinda interesting, i like the scribbly style, don't know what to call it, not an artist. saved
>>
>>29182082
heres another example

I do many different styles
>>
>>29181595
Piano, got back into it after being a lazy ass teenager and wasting my talent
Practice 4-6 hours a day but a lot of it's unfocused because I'm watching the dog too. Once I quit my job I'll be able to practice 8+ hours because I want to get a certificate or graduate degree in performance
>>
>>29181645
are you me?
because you sound like me
>>
>>29182072
Listen to this guy, good post.
>>
File: al.jpg (21 KB, 288x248) Image search: [Google]
al.jpg
21 KB, 288x248
>>29182072
Oreeyyyyyyyyyyy. oregano commie partner
>>
File: 32074187_p12.jpg (200 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
32074187_p12.jpg
200 KB, 600x640
>>29181793
What's wrong with it? Why do you need to be such a bully?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.