[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ldr/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12
File: cucked101.jpg (98 KB, 590x368) Image search: [Google]
cucked101.jpg
98 KB, 590x368
what's r9k's opinion on long distance relationships? anyone have any experience with them? share your story.
>>
>>29181112
My wife and I started out as a long distance relationship. While it worked out for us, I wouldn't recommend it as a general rule. Takes A LOT of trust and communication and you miss out on a lot of the fun of dating, and you don't learn as much about your partner as you should.
>>
>>29181112
your filename summarizes them all up

the other person can always cheat on you and you'd have no idea. waste of time unless you live somewhat close to each other.
>>
>>29181112
they rarely seem to work out and those that do only manage to because the people involved are losers who don't have real world opportunities to find a partner.
If you don't live within driving distance, I'm talking 5 hours at the most, it's going to be hard and they'll likely end up cheating on you.
>>
long distance relationships don't work because normies literally cannot stop having sex for even a week so they cheat and stuff

for a robot an ldr is sufficient enough because they wouldn't have sex anyway
just make sure your e-gf isn't a normie or she will fuck chads and ruin it

t. robot in ldr relationship with also autistic girl 2000 miles away
>>
>>29181112
They never work unless you're willing to fork out a lot of money to visit them.
>>
>>29181215
This desu

My gf is thousands of miles away but I'm secure in the relationship since she also uses this site literally every day and avoids people. All my regular relationships have ended because the girls just wanted a quick fuck basically.
>>
>>29181112
i've only had one real relationship and it was an ldr. sadly if you're on /r9k/ you're inevitably going to fuck it up so i suggest not getting into one. skyping with your partner is the absolute best though, i can't even fathom how it must feel for couples to be able to hold each other in real life.
>>
>>29181112
thats the only kind of relationship I want honestly

most everyone here thinks theyre death and avoid them like the plague

I got catfished once by some asshole trip and another time by Hal but I still want it
>>
File: long distance stick figures.png (224 KB, 776x368) Image search: [Google]
long distance stick figures.png
224 KB, 776x368
>what's r9k's opinion on long distance relationships?
I think they're pretty terrible ideas in general OP.
>>
>>29181572
>I got catfished once by some asshole trip
Was it ginger?
>>
>>29181640
no

I dont remember him since he isnt really known here anyway

at least I dont see him post a lot
>>
>>29181640
>Was it ginger?
That's not my bag, baby.
>>
>>29181637
here's a (You) for that nice oc famalam
>>
If you're in a long distance relationship you're being cucked, no exceptions
>>
I don't really know, I been having a long distance relationship with my gf for over a year now, and to be honest we almost don't talk when we are apart, she is really into her studies and I respect her space to focus on that, yet I perfectly know she doesn't spend her whole time just doing that, she goes out, got a pretty wide group of friends (I still got no idea how the fuck such an outgoing girl is even into me like she is) we go for days passing by and just barely text each other, yet when we get together we spend the whole time together talking non-stop, and fucking non-stop.

Let me tell you, the way I know her I want to believe she have been 100% faithful to me, but I have come to terms into that being cheated is a possibility and kinda don't care as long as I don't have to find out, I'm kinda happy with the way things are, I don't have to deal with her 24/7 but still get the benefits of the relationship.
>>
>>29181729

Why bother getting a girlfriend when you obviously want a fuckbuddy/fwb then, dumbass?
>>
>>29181729
cut one of your talks midway through or deny her initiating one then see how SHE acts when you imply youre doing other things

if shes chill then youre fine, if she gets mad then youre fine, BUT if she doesnt respond to this at all then it means she doesnt really give a shit about you
>>
File: kfgfjhdfjgkfv.png (99 KB, 1262x167) Image search: [Google]
kfgfjhdfjgkfv.png
99 KB, 1262x167
>>29181112
Your jokes are cruel and unappreciated. I was just talking about this in an other thread, here's my post.
>>
File: 24.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>met her 10 years ago on myspace
>pen pals for years, talked on the phone often
>4 years ago she came out to my state to visit me for shits and giggles. Had a great time.
>long distance for two years. spent waaaaaay too much money flying back and forth every other month to see each other.
>she moved in with me two years ago. Getting married in four months

Talk on skype every day, call and text often, think up of cute creative things you can do to keep the sparks going, make sure you have a stable source of income to spend seeing her. If you can't see each other in person it might not last.

best of luck, young fool.
>>
>>29181748
The benefits from that relationship aren't just fucking you know? there is emotional connection there and whenever I need her she makes the time to listen and support me.

>>29181768
I have done that plenty of times before, she is chill about it, and I'm chill when she does it to me, most of the time, because I admit sometimes I feel lonely and ask for her attention, and unless she is really busy she focus on me for a few hours (she does the same too, and to be honest I think is fucking cute when she asks for my attention). Also, there are times when I just won't bother answer her because I rather be wasting my time reading internet stupidity or playing vidya, so I don't really blame her if/when she happens to do the same.
>>
>>29181887

If you want an emotional connection get a dog or something, bitches are terrible excuses for human beings
>>
>>29181887
god I want that

but no one here wants an online bf unless theyre a trap

and then when a femanon or trap goes and asks for one they get sent TONS of (YOU)s that I feel like they dont really have any interest in me anyway and I end up removing them

do you know if she has any orbitors or other dudes she talks to online?

cause thats the one thing that always bugs me when I try to talk to someone, if they dont reply in less than 10 min I assume theyre either talking to someone else or Im bothering them
>>
>>29181941
c-contact?

im a trap tho
>>
>>29181936
I actually got 4 dogs that I love more than myself, and she damn knows it

>>29181941
None that I have noticed for being too obvious, she usually don't touch her phone when we are together, and she doesn't have a password, so if I wanted to (and I admit I have a few times in the past) I could check her phone while she is i.e. busy cocking or whatever.

The only thing I ever worried about is her male best friend, but to be honest ever since a few of my gay friends asked me for his number because under their radar, and I quote "he must be gay" I kinda relaxed about it. Also a few weeks back he announced he is moving out to another country, she was devastated, while I won't deny I was happy about the news.
>>
File: ree.png (10 KB, 463x488) Image search: [Google]
ree.png
10 KB, 463x488
>>29181702
Please draw me an angry turnip gingy.
For you slithery little chum.
>>
>>29182182
>try to google turnip for palette references
>google Trump instead
>>
I would like a LTR simply because I can't deal with real life intimacy.

I'm also a homosexual. Yeah, GOOD FUCKING LUCK
>>
>>29182221
I am so, so very hyped.

Who and louse man drew me one today too.
>>
Where can I meet a online gf?
>>
>>29181112
It can work if you truly care for the person
(Rare for both parties now a days)
However it cant last forever, you need to both have an understanding of when you can go back or start a closer distance relationship
For instance I made the gamble to transfer to my gf's college even though it wasn't my first choice because I knew we wouldn't last if I stayed in a long distance relationship
After a while its mostly work without the benefits of a relationship
So far it was a good gamble, we will be at 3 years in August
However I know theirs a possibility of something going wrong and im willing to accept that risk
>>
File: 1465093857796.jpg (28 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1465093857796.jpg
28 KB, 400x300
I was in one. Moved to be with her, not long after high school. Couple years later she decides it "isn't working" and just ends it to be with some guy she just met.
>>
>>29182267
on /soc/ and /soc/ 2.0 (/r9k/)

/soc/s pretty simple just make a thread asking for one, you can do that here on /r9k/ but I doubt youll get (you)s

so just look out for the fembot feels, trap, ideal bf/gf, /yg/, and >tfw no gf/bf threads that get a lot of (you)s
>>
i found my gf on 4chan.

she is lying next to me right now as i type this.

good luck robots.
>>
>>29182341
how

pls tell me how you find a real girl that is cute
>>
>>29181112
There's no such thing as a long distance relationship. It's just celibacy and a pen pal.
>>
File: 1448663396525.gif (9 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1448663396525.gif
9 KB, 100x100
I'm currently in an LDR with a cute robot. We skype all of our waking hours and it's been this way for over half a year .I've had shitty LDRs before and all the signs of shittiness in those show up pretty early on. It's all about trust, love, mutual care, and working to fix problems as they arise. I'm currently really happy with my girlfriend, and I'm gonna meet her soon. She's in a skype call with me right now, sleeping. I love her with all my heart, and we've both had painful betrayals in our past (as cheesy as that sounds). We both understand how disgusting and vile people can be and I'm sure we both have a deep love, trust, respect, and understanding of each other. I've never been in a relationship this mature, where we just talk everything out, and have patience with each other. I love her so much for it. I am actually happy nowadays, robots. I hope you all make it.
>>
>>29182409
>this mature
How old are you?
>>
>>29182442
23, it's just the way I feel about it, I'm not used to not being yelled at over petty shit, even nowadays. I know it probably weirds her out that I freak out a bit over her getting loud sometimes, but I've been in pretty crappy relationships, I guess.
>>
I'm too tired to greentext properly so
>Meet 3 years ago through youtube comments section
>Fall in love
>6 months in I can tell she's genuinely hurting herself with our relationship
>Tell her we should end it
>She cries in public (I had contact with a friend of hers, can confirm it was true)
>Tell me she hates me
>We "break up"
>Shit was never the same for a whole year
>Occasionally talk every 3 months or so
>End up fighting everytime
>About 3 months ago she sents me a bible telling me how she's sorry and that she misses me
>Has a real life boyfriend who is absolutely better looking than me
>We end up confessing we still love each other
>She gets a morality breakdown, shows the messages to her boyfriend, breaks up with him because she loves me
>I say stupid shit while drunk
>She hates me now
>Left her on seen on whatsapp for 3 weeks now
>Dont have the balls to talk to her now
I've told this story so many times I don't feel like giving away the cutsie details anymore, but there it is, the greatest love of my life.
>>
>>29181112
You will grow bored of it in one week. It becomes a pit of boredom pretty quick, and it is not because of the lack of sex and touch.
>>
>>29182341
Found my gf on 4chan too. Obviously she's got issues but fuck, I wouldn't trade her for the world.
>>
How the fuck all these people've found a gf here?
>>
>>29182521
>sends you a Bible
aww, she wants to save your soul

what shit did you say while drunk? did you call jesus a faglord?
>>
I'm in a LDR with an American chick since about late Jan this year, she's alright but we have very little in common and I think we've spent more time fighting/arguing than we have on normal conversation. She is INCREDIBLY jealous, always gets mad if I bring up another girl and always asks if I have spoken to other girls.
>>
>>29182914

theres a version of tinder but for 4chan
>>
>>29183020
what pls tell me how to find it
>>
>>29183020
an actual site or are you talking about /soc/?
>>
>>29183059
>>29183056
It's called death you roaches, ahahaha. You will never find love. Stop talking and delete your posts.
>>
File: angry turnip.gif (675 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
angry turnip.gif
675 KB, 640x400
>>29182247
Prepare to be disappointed.
Turnip coloration does make a good blush analog though.
>>
File: 1445729765970.gif (55 KB, 484x517) Image search: [Google]
1445729765970.gif
55 KB, 484x517
>>29183296
>still no cactusman

That is a very nice giff.
>>
>>29182953
Bible is an expression kek.
It means a wall of text
>>
>>29181112
mine was awful and ended with me realizing I wasn't physically attracted to her enough and that we didn't really connect beyond the occasional *super deep super wonderful* conversations. She's also crazy and falls in deep love with a new guy every year.
>>
File: PARTY HAT.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
PARTY HAT.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
>>29183296
Oh wow!

It's difficult to properly express glee, over text but jesus christ.

You have made me thrilled, Ginger. Thrilled.
>>
I'm in a LDR for 6 months, I was a KV before. We have met in person one time before I left the city, we kissed, had sex, slept together, it was great(to me, at least). Then after that I moved out 500km away, then a few months after I visited her, she introduced to her family, it was great too even though I was a socially awkward with her family.
Now she is making shitty excuses to come visit me, I believe she is losing interest or/and cucking me, today we had a huge fight over this and she didn't give in, all she had to do was saying something like "ok, i'll go next week" but she didn't.

Don't do it, robots, try to meet someone locally.
>>
They don't work out unless you're both FULLY committed and the distance isn't TOO far.
I had one with a girl from America (in from Britain) and we broke up when we realised it was just unrealistic.
>>
>>29183899
>LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP
>500km
REEEEEE FUCK OFF
YOU CAN LITERALLY DRIVE THAT EVERY WEEKEND

DIE DIE DIE
>>
>>29181112
Avoid them, only sadness ahead. Speaking from experience.
>>
Mine worked out pretty well for a while. I met her in Eastern Europe where she worked then since I was doing long term travel i'd meet up with her every couple of weeks and we'd do something fun. She moved back to the US and I moved back to the southern hemisphere. I went to the US every couple of months since Americans make terrible wages in comparison to where I am from. She ended up moving in with me. Worked out pretty well for about a year then we decided to call it quits since she was older than me and wanted kids and I wasn't at that point yet. Might work out again in the future. Still talk to each other all the time.
>>
>>29181112
My current gf and I met in school, as she was here for a semester through an international program.
We've been together literally since the day we met.
In 20 days though, she has to go back to her home country and finish school. After spending every single day together for 10 months, we really don't know how it's going to work out.
Shit sucks man. I was khv before we met (and happily so I might add, I have a psychotic disorder that basically ruined relationships for me, I couldn't be touched, wore headphones/earplugs all the time, was selectively mute so basically no speaking) but when we met none of my autist shit applied to her. She could touch me without making my skin crawl, her voice didn't make me clench my jaw. She was and is the only person I've ever felt so comfortable with.
I'm hoping a LDR will be okay for us, it's only for a few years.
>>
>>29183962
Its expensive in fuel(about 1/4 of minimum wage) and time consuming(about 9 hours to travel). The plan was seeing each other once every month, but she is not honoring her words.

I wrote a reddit post about that actually, if anyone bothers to read: https://www.reddit.com/r/LongDistance/comments/4m4onz/me_21m_with_my_ldr_girlfriend_21f_6_months_shes/
>>
>>29184098
gl mate, i am not even trying to make you not trust her but we all know what a young fertile female does without a cock.
she starts chasing
>>
>>29184258
Oh, probably should have mentioned that we're lesbians.
But the same still applies, I suppose.
>>
> meet girl that finally connect with
> shes 6000 miles away
> breaks my heart anyways a couple months after saying love

I just wish she wouldnt have said love to me. I could have healed from that.

I only trust women now if theyre a virgin or an introvert or were sexually abused as a child.
>>
>>29184287
>probably should have mentioned that we're lesbians
No you shouldn't have.
That's totally irrelevant, and makes everyone angry.
Please strive to be gender neutral.
>>
>>29184325

Bro, not her, but it's slightly relevant. You said her gf would "chase cock". Lesbians don't like that chit. It's tangential but she was actually replying in a relevant way.

I guess work on your reading comprehension?
>>
>>29184114
it's still cheaper, faster and easier than flying 3000 miles
>>
>>29184347
>Bro, not her
>that chit
>I guess work on your reading comprehension?
Are you sure this community is the appropriate fit for you?
You may enjoy others and find more like minded users elsewhere.
>>
I have had a best friend online for 5 years. If I can have a friend long distance why cant someone have a girlfriend or a boyfriend?
>>
File: Screenshot (189).png (66 KB, 1037x617) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (189).png
66 KB, 1037x617
>>29184378
That's really not me ?
>>
>>29184355
Yeah I know, but its still a LDR, even trying to visit each other once a month is not working because this bitch is reluctant to do her part.
>>
>>29184386

I mean I'm a sad loser and I have fun here but I don't define myself by the fucking 4chan board I frequent.

>>29184386

You don't wanna cram your cock in your bestfriend. After half an hour of sweet talk you're gonna want to rip your gf's clothes off but she's too far away or that.

>>29184425

Wait what? What sorcery did you do?
>>
>>29184470
>you don't want to cram your cock in your bestfriend.
How would you know?
>>
the mongols used to live on long distance relationships, but I suppose that was a simpler time without chads and sex and oh wait no it wasn't
the benefits is that you do not have to spend literally all your free time with them
the drawback is you have to drive a significant distance for any action
you can't be sure your gf isn't cheating on you at any distance, so in my opinion it's not really a relevant point, but overall they lack a significant component of what dating actually is
>>
ITS SHIT
usually they dont give a fuck about you, or love you as much as you love them
i tried ldr and it didnt work
it just made me sad
so i decided to make fun of people on the internet, saying that i love them, making them love me
AND DUMP THEM LATER
:^))
>>
My first kiss and the person I lost my virginity to I met online.

We're still going out a year later, we're an hour's flight apart.

Meeting them irl was the best day of my life. Still gives me excited butterflies just thinking about me.
>>
>>29186415
*It
Fuck me.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.