[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robotopia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: LG+Chimes+Tower+and+Waterfall.jpg (22 KB, 300x198) Image search: [Google]
LG+Chimes+Tower+and+Waterfall.jpg
22 KB, 300x198
My fellow robots. I have noticed it is a common trend here to wish to be born in the old days. So what would you say if someone bought a mountain\alot of land and invited you and other bots to live a different style of life would you join? Need a axe to cut a tree? Have the black smith make one. Need iron to make it? Have the stone cutter or miner get some ore. It can be a old fashion community of robots without normes or Stacy's cucking shit up. A Robotopia if you will.
>>
>no internet

I think I'll pass on this friend
>>
>>29179680
ok lets blow like 10K on a internet tower and power with solar banks. Has a length of 15 miles diamiter. I would know my grandfather has one. Next. And no we are not going complete stone age.
>>
We have a thread like this about once a month. Never goes anywhere, it'll take an enormous effort and capital to do what you're thinking of.

Look on /out/, there are some people that talk a lot about buying some land and build log cabins and other things like that. They post there.
>>
>>29181039
>We have a thread like this about once a month. Never goes anywhere, it'll take an enormous effort and capital to do what you're thinking of.
And we have been having these threads on /a/ since 2007.
>>
>>29181050
I'm not surprised. Honestly, I can see why it's attractive, but it's probably much easier to just do something like this as an individual. Buy some land, settle it, get some plans off the net, use your weekends to build something there.

The land would probably be the biggest cost, but if you buy in an out-of-the-way place, you could probably get it for surprisingly low. I've seen plots on ebay that are a few thousand.
>>
>>29179604
I just want old fashioned values with modern technology.
>>
I had an idea: Why not just buy property in a small, already established town?
>Cheap housing because it's in middle of no-where
>Amenities all there. Water, internet, etc...
>Get enough robots and we would have majority vote on any town ordinances
We'd basically run the town.
>>
>>29181295
I like this plan too.

There are lots of cheaper properties all over the US, especially in smaller towns. But there would have to be some income coming in to pay the property taxes, utilities and such.
>>
>>29181349
Yeah, that's a flaw, admittedly. There's gotta be some work around, though. Maybe just become carpenters/utility men. We could have the same occupations as OP's idea, but obviously we would be circulating money and services rather than just services.
>>
>>29181412
The smaller the town, the less work there is. Working online would be best.
>>
>>29181412
Could be a lil Amish and export some local goods to pay for shiz. Like cattle or crops/orchards, smithed goods, lumber, wood furniture.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.