[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Work is incredibly difficult for me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: tired-of-writing.gif (142 KB, 1471x1472) Image search: [Google]
tired-of-writing.gif
142 KB, 1471x1472
I work as a cashier at a grocery store. And when I am working, it feels unbearable. Every part of me does not want to be there.

It is mind-numbingly boring. My mind starts to go to wild places in the hopes of stimulation: I often have thoughts of stabbing myself with a knife, banging my head against the walls, etc. It's like my body just cannot handle doing this for hours at a time.

I am also generally not a very happy person. I can't really smile when customers are there. So many times a day i get comments "you need to smile more" and "try to have a better attitude". It's hard. I can't. My energy is already low and the prospect of smiling all day is just impossible. I'm not happy to be there and I can't pretend that I am.

I can't just zone out because I have to be engaged with the customers. I hate it so much. I'm looking for a new job right now, but I'm working a full shit tomorrow and I already have extreme anxiety about it. It's just so hard. I know I sound like I'm complaining but I want to see if any other robots can relate. I understand a lot of people have it worse than me, but when I'm there it feels absolutely unbearable, as if my mind is just screaming and screaming and there's no way out.
>>
>and there's no way out
Go to college or trade school and get some skills

If you can't do that, move to Alaska
>>
>>29178549
That sound shellish anon. Exactly why Im still a NEET. I would rather die than endure what you have to endure.
>>
>>29178598
>shellish

oopsie, I meant hellish.
>>
I was a cashier too and I felt similarly

See if there are any openings in a different department, stocking shelves is infinitely better than being face-to-face and dealing with customers constantly.
>>
>>29178549
It's called work for a reason, anon.
>>
>>29178549
i'm similar

i work as both floor staff/shelf stalker and cashier at a large canadian retail chain. i much prefer stocking shelves over being on cash. i'm pleasant enough with most customers, but i'm emotionally tuckered out by constant customer interaction when i'm given a cash shift. at least when i'm working the floor, i can take five minutes here and there to "breathe," so to speak. it isn't completely unbearable, but i feel like a literal robot whenever i'm on cash
>>
Something else that gives me extreme anxiety: I am never allowed to just stand there. If there aren't customers in my line, I have to be "doing something": cleaning, organizing shelves, helping other people bag. I am not allowed even for a moment to just stand there alone with my thoughts, I always have to be performi g some kind of action. It's just hard having to be in that mode for 8 hours.
>>
File: WHY.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
I was a cashier for 4 hours before my anxiety ruined it all.

I am actually going to a new job on Mon.
How shit does this sound? I gotta drive 30min to get there between 8-9am. Then I gotta help these construction type guys with a house in the heat, basically I'm there errand boy, I break stuff apart, throw it away, wheel barrel things around. Random tasks. I got paid $12 under the table...
I'm not looking forward to it
>>
>>29178549
Do what I did. If you have a 3m near you try working with them. I did a 900 hour temp job working 84 hours for 3 months and I came out with nearly 20k in my pocket. Plus you get more if you decide to do unemployment. I suffer for 3 month and I get 9 months to go full neet.
>>
>>29178697
>"If you got time to lean, you got time to clean"
>>
>>29178772
12 dollars a day for that? not worth it
>>
>>29178697
I used to just stand there and practice pen-flipping or make tiny paper clip sculptures when the managers weren't looking
>>
Retail basically either bores you to death or introduces you to just how horrible the public really is. Managers on power trips, customers reading your name tag as "PLEASE HARRASS ME" and you have to smile and be polite through it all.

Retail has done wonders for my social skills through sheer exposure but it's also made me want to leave society for good.
>>
>>29178800
I also use these while at work so I listen to music while doing the most mind-numbing work imaginable.

https://www.amazon.com/Plugfones-CY-1-Contractor-Headphones-Protection/dp/B00RC301N4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465528864&sr=8-1&keywords=Plugfones
>>
>>29178856
What? No, I mean I will be getting paid $12 an hour for a 8 hour day on average.
The $12 will be in checks, under the table, so I don't have to lose money paying taxes...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.