[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does anything exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 1465218371301.jpg (139 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1465218371301.jpg
139 KB, 960x960
Why does anything exist?
>>
>>29178341
l stopped caring.
>>
File: 1423641001010.jpg (70 KB, 524x546) Image search: [Google]
1423641001010.jpg
70 KB, 524x546
>>29178341
>Expecting to get an answer to the same question people have been asking since stumbling out of a cave
>>
>>29178341
thats a good question anonkun.
Why are the socially rejected monkeys writing to each other on a weeaboo imageboard
>>
>>29178370
Theories or ideas would suffice
>>
>>29178341

How accurate is that study?
Because I have been basiclly drinking at least a half gallon of milk MINIMUM daily for the past 17 years of my life. Please respond, this is important.
>>
>>29178421
Goddamn that's a lot of milk, I love milk but I don't drink half a gallon daily. I probably go through a gallon every like five days or so.

How do you not have kidney stones? Or some calcium issue from overabundance of calcium? Jesus anon.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
Anything exists because it can't not exist. Nonexistence is just something humans made up to describe a change in state.

Even you yourself can't not exist. Remember all those 14 billion years that passed before you were born? No? That's what death will be like.
>>
>>29178493
If I can't not exist then why would I be in a state of non existence?
>>
>>29178341
Google why is there anything at all pdf
>>
>>29178530
Were you ever in that state of non-existence? All the matter that makes up you was here the whole time. The human concept of you as a person was only applied to you when all the little atoms shaped themselves into a baby, you were born, and your parents named you.
>>
>>29178341
>>29178398
so the premise is that something had to be the first cause, because things don't just happen for no reason out of absolute nothingness
correct me if you think of another, but these are the only plausible possibilities that can possibly explain the problem of existence:

>1. god did it

>2. time extends infinitely into the past as well as into the future

>3. time loops and/or doesn't exist in the first place and everything is actually static

think about it. also "time" used loosely, I mean causation. Like multiverses, big bangs, and so on. Not our universe's time necessarily
>>
Nothing cannot exist without something to contrast it. Should everything disappear, it would instantly be replaced by something else.
>>
There is no why. It doesn't have a reason.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BCnchhausen_trilemma
>>
>>29178493
>>29178596
these answers are fun but they're clearly wrong
>>
>>29178341
because everything is pointless and depressing I am trying to convince my therapist to be an nihilist, death is inevitable and 100% going to happen, also I am an professional atheist
this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DWnjcSo9J0 is my favoverite intellectually intelligent video, it is soo true!
t -everyone in this thread
>>
>>29178596
What do you mean that if everything were to disappear it would be replaced? The idea that existence and nonexistence are two sides of the same coin is interesting though. I'd wonder if everything must usage an opposite because then you wouldn't be able to distinguish things but you run into a problem similar to blue and orange morality. There can be x and not x, and if not x didn't exist then there would be no gradient with which to judge x.
>>
>>29178682
literally no one ITT has been an edge-level nihilist so far, faggot. Maybe absurdist, but you had literally no other reason to post this other than projection
>>
File: 1464730999502.jpg (50 KB, 433x469) Image search: [Google]
1464730999502.jpg
50 KB, 433x469
How does anything exist in the first place. Something can't come from nothing yet things exist, how is this possible?
>>
>>29178683
>The idea that existence and nonexistence are two sides of the same coin is interesting though
*tips fedora*
>>
>>29178682
What does ontology have to do with being an edgelord you retard
>>
It exists unto itself, that is all you can say. You need some sort of framework to give an answer in, here we have none and that is the closest answer according to Richard Feynman.
>>
>>29178715
>enters thread
>hostile for no reason

*disrespectful nod*
>>
>>29178707
>than projection
i see you posted the transcended 'I know you are what am I' meme. You win the internetz
>>
>>29178725
at the end of the day, nothing has to do with anything, because at some point we will just die and no longer exist. I tip my fedora to you sir, have an enjoyable day
>>
>>29178751
>you didn't address my point so I won't address yours
>there is nowhere to progress from this post but in a downward spiral
>>
>>29178803
I am not a nihilist by any means, how could mocking nhilism be projection? You're just using buzzwords
>>
>>29178710
I wonder the same thing as well. I don't really think God exists, which makes the question so much more complicated.

I wish there was a way to know before I die. Just so things could finally make sense.
>>
File: 4526c003e78d475f.jpg (81 KB, 1052x591) Image search: [Google]
4526c003e78d475f.jpg
81 KB, 1052x591
>>29178733
Can you give us a TL;DR?
>>
>>29178832
you don't have to be something to project your insecurities about it
you might have been an edgy nihilist (which by the way I'm distinguishing from regular nihilist) and grew out of it, or maybe you were never an edgy nihilist at all, it doesn't matter. The point is you assumed something about everyone ITT, probably for subconscious reasons
>>
>>29178904
>might have been an edgy nihilist
I have never been an atheist or nihilist, just like making fun of them

While this thread has nothing to do with nihilism it reeks of fedora tipper pseudo-intellectuals, so I know it will trigger people like you lol
>>
>>29178967
>so I know it will trigger people like you lol
ah fuck you got me. you sure triggered me hard. damn. fuck discussions
>>
>>29178967
>say some stupid shit
>haha i sure triggered you guys. #TheKekkening
>>
>>29178976
what do you wanna taIk about?
>>
It's not so much the lack of women that bothers me, but how predictable life gets after you hit 25. The next 70 years mean shit. It's honestly really bothersome how long we live and how half of it is being old weak and burdened with kids/grand kids.

Honestly, what else is there to expect? If you want anything happening in your life, you better get kids because it doesn't get exciting, at all, from here.

And if you don't want kids, prepare to be all alone in that decision and have nothing to relate to anymore with your peers.
>>
>>29179008
thank you for acknowledging nihilism is stupid
>>
>>29179054
Wrong thread?

>>29179059
>Nihilism is stupid
Tell me what's correct then if ur so smart
>>
>>29179059
you're a fucking shithead anon. getting replies doesn't validate that. fuck you

yes I am mad, no that doesn't mean you 'win the internet argument.' why do you have to be so coy? life is too short for these fucking word games, grow up
>>
>>29178492

Im really not sure, should I go get checked?
>>
Whatever exists outside our reality/universe and maybe created it, it can't operate in cause and effect or time. Nothing made it and nothing was before it. Even assuming we're a simulation and we trace things back to the absolute base 'original' reality. There was no point in time that the original constructed our universe, because there is no time. Time would imply that there was a beginning, hence a source of its existence. It is because it is, and it will be. Period. Anything exists because it's sitting on top of the 'reality tower' that the base holds up. The base is incomprehensible and terrifying and you'd never want to understand it.
>>
>>29178492
hahaha
>overabundance of calcium

nigger milk sapps calcium from your bones
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.