[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lyft driver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: Taxi Driver.jpg (220 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Taxi Driver.jpg
220 KB, 1024x576
>Watch taxi driver movie
>about a loner with no friends or family
>could relate
>drinks alone and eats like crap
>could relate
>everybody thinks hes a creep
>could relate
>apply for lyft
>driving mentor meets me right after I applied online
>hired
I'm pretty excited robots. I live in los angeles so ill be able go in the middle of the city and work and see all the digusting filth and scum of the city.
>>
Hope you can manage to keep above a 4.8 rating. You get fired if your under that consistently.
>>
>just finished watching taxi driver
>go on /r9k/
>see this
i liked the movie but fuck the ending what the fuck was that
>>
File: IMG_1972.jpg (14 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1972.jpg
14 KB, 125x120
>>29177985
If that happens I wouldn't really care, because I already have 2 jobs. This is just something for me to do for the mean time.
>>
File: IMG_3285.jpg (56 KB, 640x284) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3285.jpg
56 KB, 640x284
>>29178040
Yeah, I'm older and barely just watch the movie too.Thought the ending was pretty good for a rather depressing movie.
>>
>>29178040
He died, you mongoloid.
>>
lyft pays like shit join uber instead

I remember there was a whole debacle about lyft drivers burning their "carstaches" over it
>>
>>29178040
he died and what you see afterward is him hallucinating.
>>
>>29178137
>>29178197

IIRC, Scorsese himself said that the ending isn't a hallucination. He acknowledges that it isn't realistic, but it's supposed to hammer home the point that Travis isn't actually a hero despite being seen as one; he just happened to take out his misdirected rage on targets that actually deserved it. When he looks in the rear-view mirror at the end and the music gets distorted, the implication is that he's going to lash out again, and that next time it might be an innocent person.
>>
File: Taxi-Driver.jpg (117 KB, 1600x866) Image search: [Google]
Taxi-Driver.jpg
117 KB, 1600x866
June 9th. Thank God for the rain which has helped wash away the garbage and trash off the sidewalks. I'm workin' long hours now, six in the afternoon to six in the morning. Sometimes even eight in the morning, six days a week. Sometimes seven days a week. It's a long hustle but it keeps me real busy. I can take in three, three fifty a week. Sometimes even more when I do it off the meter. All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. I go all over. I take people to the Bronx, Brooklyn, I take 'em to Harlem. I don't care. Don't make no difference to me. It does to some. Some won't even take spooks. Don't make no difference to me.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.