[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everything changed after 2012. Everything changed since the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: thepast.png (652 KB, 880x380) Image search: [Google]
thepast.png
652 KB, 880x380
Everything changed after 2012.
Everything changed since the early 2000's.
Do you remember when people hung out? Really hung out? When the internet was more for escapism for people like us?
Do you remember Move Along?
Wonder Balls?
Ed Edd n' Eddy?
Kingdom Hearts? Megaman Legends?
Twisted metal?
Flip phones?

What the FUCK happened to everything, guys? I could deal with the 90's being gone. Most of us now didn't even LIVE through that, so of course we can. The 2000's is pushing it, but we can forget that too.

But /WHY/ did things end in 2012?
The world already ended!
Nostradamus WAS right.
We were just too busy trying to prove if the world would end in our eyes, that we didn't see the real change.

What the fuck just happened?
I'm so confused.
Where do we go now?
Why is everything so boring?
Why do I feel like how I feel irl, on THE INTERNET NOW?

How do we fix it?
>>
>>29173152
Bumpong anons elsewhere do the same
is there a place better than 4chan, faggots?
i wanna know too.
>>
>>29173152
>move along
>wonder balls
>ed edd and eddy

Those were the fucking days, man. Good shit.
>>
I FUCKING LOVE LILY CHOUCHOU
>>
>>29173196
HOW DO WE GET SOMETHING LIKE THAT BACK AGAIN? I'm not making any sense, but how could you blame me? This shit is hard to describe but things DID die.
>>
the breaking point was in 2008-2009, when Facebook started getting big
>>
>>29173221
I do too. It's a fucking classic. I still rewatch it over and over again. I don't even know why. It's a masterpiece.
>>
>>29173248
I mean (and this is probably a little hypocritical) living in the past isn't gonna help me and it ain't gonna help no one else.

We wanna see new and good shit, we gotta make new and good shit.
>>
File: Uncle.png (96 KB, 362x400) Image search: [Google]
Uncle.png
96 KB, 362x400
>>29173320
I know what you're saying. But I get this strange feeling like the past has to be brought back soon. That there's people out there who can piece it by piece by piece back together again.

Why do we keep assuming moving forward is always a good thing, even when moving forward at the times we want to, makes things worse?

The past can be replicated. I think, of all things, I'm willing to bet, that we can somehow replicate the past into the future. Our futures.
Thee future.
>>
The past is as elusive a dream as the future. Always distorted, always yearned for, and always seen as better days. It keeps us from the truth of the present and the pain of reality. It's seen as something beautiful, something irrevocable and somewhere that will always be better than where we are now.
>>
OP has point.
What's the plan, niggers?
>>
File: gto.jpg (51 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
gto.jpg
51 KB, 540x404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKZIeYR5d1M

>tfw thread i made ago is agreed upon
>>
saw a hi hi puffy ami yumi dvd in a charity shop the other day
contemplated buying it for a second, but then I realised I never even saw the show

was it any good?
>>
>>29173811
Yes. It's great!
>>
ITT: Baby's first existential crisis
>>
>>29173152
You grew up and failed realise that the world doesn't change based on your personal development.
Nothing much really changed aside from you finishing up puberty.

>How do we fix it?
There is nothing to fix. Welcome to life, kid.
>>
>2012 not 2006
>>
Anyone remember when the Nickelodeon go outside and play day was a full two days? Last I checked it was only two hours.
>>
>>29174675
I remember that. Damn, they're pandering hard these days.
>>
>>29174653
06 was an odd year
>>
>>29173152
People still hang out. They just don't hang out with you.
>>
>>29174711
By the sound of your OP, you were about 7 years old in 2006.
>>
>>29174858
I was 9, man. 96 here.
>>
>>29174850
I have friends. I just know that these days, people are busy with their cell phones. People like yourself just stand around in circles all day doing that stuff.
>>
>2012

On here, the point when society went down hill is usually given is 2007. Maybe if you ask older robots, they will say 2002, or maybe even 2000. Ask your parents when society went to shit. They would probably say around 1985. Ask someone real old, and they would be sure it was 1960

It's a pretty well known phenomenon, the old "12 year old" rule. For any given person, they believe that society was at it's absolute peak during the same year they happened to turn 12 years old.

Also, going by the math, you just outed yourself as an underage b&, so fuck off.
>>
>>29175176
Going by the math, you're a fucking retard. I was born in 96. That makes me 19, drop out of school
>>
File: 1465437596560.png (92 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1465437596560.png
92 KB, 256x256
>>29175176
>tfw an oldfag who thinks the world went to shit in 1994

the year when it all went to hell.
>>
>tfw Japans bubble economy has been gone for years
>tfw anime studios will never give crazy amounts of money to noname directors to do whatever the fuck they want ever again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f1kpFHCtWc
>>
>>29174653
>2006 and not 2005
>>
>>29176729
I miss 2005.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.