[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here who has very severe social anxiety, how have you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: ein.gif (984 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
ein.gif
984 KB, 500x372
Anyone here who has very severe social anxiety, how have you gotten jobs or income?
Also how do you deal with idiots telling you to keep putting yourself in uncomfortable situations if the experiences don't help you?
>>
I don't know
originale origami
>>
I drink a few beers before work. Makes me slightly more social and willing to put up with shit for the beginning of my shift at least.
>>
Grocery store jobs are the best for socially anxious people. You can build experience dealing with the general public and eventually you realize they're all dumb motherfuckers and you have nothing to be afraid of.
>>
>>29173089
Those onhand pills you take whenever you need them instead of once a day
>>
You'll get to the point of not giving a fuck eventually. It takes a while.

Just remember you don't owe shit to anyone. Only give shits from your own free will. Don't let anyone force you to give a shit.
>>
I got used to interacting with people through early cashier jobs. Then I got more confident with a sales floor job. I have a job where I'm comfortable with staying quiet and people are okay with that but I can still carrying a conversation if need be.
>>
>>29174077
>tfw did this but the only thing I realized is that I'm the only dumb motherfucker there
>>
>>29174073
Use mints if you do this, some people are crazy good at smelling alcohol.
>>
>>29173089
Welfare. I got one job through welfare through a work placement program, then I went through another one and only went to the job once and quit because of anxiety. I now live off of welfare and get around 350 dollars a month.
>>
>>29174207
You must still live with your parents, no way you can pay rent/bills with that little.

Also I make more than that in a week with my shitty wageslave retail job
>>
>>29174257
live with my mother, pay 250 to live with her it was 300 but welfare cut my check from 470 to 350 for some reason.
>>
>>29173089
I've found fun ways around it

Various drugs + exposing myself to the situations. Being high as fuck in public or in the presence of dying family is degeneracy sure but its fun!
>>
I'm going to tell you right now that putting yourself in social situations works.

I used to be completely and entirely unable to speak.

To anyone.

It was complete hell. I honestly went so long without talking I'd actually forget what my voice sounded like. Then one day I decided I was done being a piece of shit. I challenged myself to talk to someone every day. It was horribe and awkward at first, but slowly it got better. Now I can actually hold a conversation and play the normie role.

Little by little you'll slowly get less autistic until it's hardly noticeable. It does take time though. For me it took about a year and a half before it got easy.

As for the job part, just look for shit jobs at first. Pizza places, McDonalds all that shit that you don't actually want. You'll probably act like a complete autist and get fired or quit once or twice but it's just practice. Eventually it all gets easier and you can shoot for something you actually want.

Just keep at it and it all gets smoother.
>>
>>29175032
Do you have advice for someone who has worked as a cashier for two years but still babbles like an idiot in normal conversation? I try to force conversation with people but something about me must be very offputting (it's not my smell, but I am very ugly) because they are very unresponsive. I can't even talk to my own mother.
>>
>somebody got me a great job interview tomorrow morning
>don't have my resume updated
>don't even have a printer at home
>going to show up without a resume
Should I even bother
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.