[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he the very first /ourguy/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 9783843031967.jpg (46 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
9783843031967.jpg
46 KB, 600x851
Was he the very first /ourguy/?
>>
>>29171276
He has a wife and a child. Getting used and cucked by other people alone doesn't make him a robot. He is more like a mentally instable failed normie.
>>
>>29171745
And more importantly: Do you really believe anyone on this board even heard of this book before?
>>
>>29171745
Yeah but it was a beta uprising

>>29171778
Well I was right, wasn't I?
actually I had a suspicion that this would be one of those threads that dies empty but since people talk about Notes From Underground and The Temple of the Golden Pavilion I thought /r9k/ might be at least a little bit /lit/
>>
>>29172026
Well, I agree with you on the beta uprising part. Have you ever read something by Kafka? Now these protagonists are full blown beta robots.
>>
>>29172174
Only short stories like Before The Law, the one with the guy with an office with a mysterious neighbor and the one with the mouse and the cat. I have Das Schloss (The Castle? don't know the translation) sitting on my pile of books to read but I have a bunch to get through before that.
I feel like Don Quijote was our guy as well though, in that he was an escapist upset with the real world.
>>
>>29172250
I read Die Verwandlung and Das Urteil, both having a submissive young male protagonist being (mostly) emotionally abused by their fathers. Kafka himself had a very difficult relationship to his father and made this theme of conflict between father and son a leitmotif of many of his books. Really great reads if you are into these kind of depressing melancholic stories.
>>
>>29172354
Will get to it, what I have read of his I've really enjoyed, thanks.
>>
>>29172408
No problem fellow robot.
>>
>>29172174
Kafka's protagonists are all intellectuals, aka chads so accomplished that they consider it below them to fuck Stacies.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.