[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here ever been fired for something serious? Tell us your story.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: yelling-angry-boss-25236635.jpg (84 KB, 1300x1390) Image search: [Google]
yelling-angry-boss-25236635.jpg
84 KB, 1300x1390
Anyone here ever been fired for something serious? Tell us your story.
>>
File: 1463716883640.jpg (88 KB, 750x747) Image search: [Google]
1463716883640.jpg
88 KB, 750x747
>>29170147
>>>/biz/ you fucking normie
>>
>>29170464

/r9k/ has no topic frogposter
>>
Got fired for negligence. Basically fucked something up thats about it
>>
>>29170598

U musta fucked up big time
>>
>>29170147
Fired for not working myself to death at local Sam's Club.
>>
>>29170621
explain more pls. Were they trying to slavedrive you?
>>
Fired for not being talkative enough, in a fucking dishwasher job. Literally fired for not small talking with the cook. Did my job the way I was supposed to.

Only job I ever had.
>>
>>29170658
lel thats the dumbest reason to fire someone I've ever heard of.

Were you ignoring the boss?
>>
>>29170634
Fellow Anon, I could write you a book about it.

I worked as a "night merchandiser" which is just a glorified name for a person who stocks their assigned area at night. I'm assigned to the "seasonal" area, widely lauded as one of the most important areas in the building since it was responsible for most of sales. Anyway, the area is rather small, so I complete the work quickly enough. Workers are supposed to help out other night merchandisers once their own "area" gets done, to a reasonable degree. I would routinely go over to my buddy's area to help him out once my area was squared away. As usual, my boss comes over to scream at me. Evidently my area wasn't done since one of the forklift drivers dropped a new pallet of merchandise off at my area after I left. I brush it off and head back to my area to take care of the merchandise. Once finished, the same boss hurries over in his own personal forklift to yell at me for not working on other stockers' areas once mine was done (he also chides me for not being vigilant in my area). I head over to another area of the store to get him off my back (this time, the freezers). I help the guy there finish up stacking the frozen goods. And, once again, the same boss comes over to eviscerate me for not taking care of my own area first, evidently another pallet of merchandise had been dropped there once I left. I explain to him that I can't be in multiple areas at the same time. He tells me to "just find a way". I lose my temper and tell him to "fuck off". Rinse and repeat for a few months. Eventually, I get fired. I move on to another job. One day, I see the same boss in Walmart. He asks me if I want my old job back. I said "No, you treated me like shit. Why in God's name would I go back?" Funnily enough, the guy they hired after they fired me didn't stay for two weeks. Employee turnover at that Sam's Club averages about a month to two months. Management can't figure out why no one wants to work there. (continued)
>>
>>29170147
I worked as a porter at a Toyota dealership. Porter's are the lowest of the low at these places. We basically drive the customer's cars to a parking lot in the back where the mechanics then pick them up. Once the mechanics are done with the cars, we drive the cars back to the customers. Time inbetween is spent washing cars, picking up trash, and sometimes grabbing the customer's water.

Anyways, I had just started my shift and already we had like 8 customers waiting on their cars to be cleaned and returned. The first car I got into was a brand new (at the time) 2012 Toyota Tundra. These trucks are fucking huge, and I was never good in vehicles with high clearance. I had very minimal driving space, as that day was very busy and the entire lot was packed. I basically had to do a 30-point turn, all the while my walkie-talkie is blowing up because so many customers are waiting on their cars. Feeling rushed, and thinking I had enough space after so many tries, I put the truck in reverse one more time so I could squeeze out of there and get the truck to its impatient owner. I pressed the gas a little too hard and BAM, I hit the car directly behind me. That car was an older prius, but still, not a good situation.

I got out, inspected the damage, and it was worse than I had feared. Huge fucking dent in the hood of the prius, and part of the prius's bumper was stuck in the undercarriage of the truck. I did my best to remove the piece jammed in there, but ultimately I just pushed it in more to where it wasn't as noticeable. Drove the truck to the front, dropped off the keys, and rushed back to the lot where all of the cars are. A mechanic had already taken in the prius to be worked on. BIG FUCKING DENT IN HOOD wasn't written on the mechanic's spreadsheet, so obviously he makes a big deal about it. One thing leads to another, the GM comes down and starts interrogating fucking everyone, when it's my turn I deny it like my life depends on it.
>>
>>29171051
The GM and a few other manager's go to check the camera's, and that's when I clock out, sprint to my car, and never look back. I received about 30 missed calls that day, and I never got my last paycheck in the mail. I ran into one of the manager's at an applebee's a few months after that, and all he did was laugh in my face. Pretty embarassing experience overall, but I'm glad it happened to me at such a young age.
>>
>>29170972
And they can't figure out why people suddenly want to quit. Oddly enough, it would be the chillest place to work. The work wasn't difficult and the night crew got shit done without all the harassment from management. We also had a lot of fun. Too bad the management just pushed me over the edge. Somewhere along the line, the management came to believe that if the workers were happy, or (God forbid) having fun, then they weren't working hard enough. I can't wait for Amazon.com to kick their asses. I fucking hate how big box businesses think they can treat their employees like shit just because the job market currently favors the business, not the employee.
>>
>>29170147
Drank wine, as in a lot, the night before, didn't sleep and went to work. Came to work and one of the lady's said I smelled like alcohol. Got questioned by a boss and they terminated me by phone for changing my schedule too much (once). I didn't mind since I got hired at a better place 2 weeks later.
>>
>>29171138

Lol it's kind of like that at my job

I'm a bagger/backup cashier/delivery person

>anon don't lean
>anon put the bread by itself
>anon you have to move from line to line while bagging
>anon you have to clock out BEFORE you buy your lunch
>>
>>29170147
>maintenance for apartment complex
>coworker called me a fag every day once he found out im gay
>lost my cool after a break up and broke his nose and strangled him until bossman pulled me off
get construction job
>another guy thinks I won't fuck him up for talking shit
>beat him to the ground and then hit his knee with my hammer breaking it
>two years in prison where I spent most of my time in the hole for fucking people up
>spend next 27 years to now as a contractor alone
>been in quite a few fights since
>mfw gays today just cry and kill themselves
I came out back when if you couldn't fight you would get killed and the cops wouldn't care and kids today are soft
>>
>>29171101
U were a idiot
>>
>>29170147
>working at walmart
>management calls me over the store speakers to come to customer service desk
>get there and they ask me to walk a lady to her car. apparently she saw her ex in the store and doesnt want to go outside alone
>sure
>we're about to get to her car when this guy walks out from behind a jeep screaming about whores and shit
>girl is clinging to my back and terrified
>I tell him to fuck off or I'll call the police
>he ignores me and keeps talking to the girl, asking her if i'm the new meat she's taking dick from or some shit
>I fucking wish
>tell her to run to the store and tell customer service desk to call police
>she takes off, he tries to follow
>I grab him and we wrestle and punch each other for a bit
>I've never been in a fight before in my life so I didn't actually know what to do
>just kept trying to trip him or push him down every time he started to get up because I was bigger (fatter) than him
>it probably looked like a retarded play ground fight
>managers come running out and stop us, police show up, take him away, ambulance shows up and checks me out although I'm completely fine.
>clock in next day for shift and get called to HR office
>apparently fighting on company property isn't acceptable under any circumstance, so I'm fired
>wat
>that was a year ago and I'm still unemployed and moved back in with my mom.
>>
>>29171530
Anger issues? I mean breaking nose or beating into the ground is fine but strangling and smashing knees?
The main question - how did you end up on r9k?
>>
>>29171585
Unfair dismissal much? How did you let them get away with that crap?
>>
I got caught jerking off
>>
>>29171637
what am I supposed to do? When you hire on at walmart you sign a bunch of paperwork that basically says they can figuratively take a shit on your head for any reason and that's just fine and dandy with you. working at walmart sucks
>>
>>29170147
Boss' wife had an affair with me
>>
>>29171673
Story pls

>>29171675

The worst is that all these corporations hire autistic dudly do-rights to run the stores. They literally have OCD about following all the rules even if it's almost certain they they could let it go unnoticed

>>29171694
leave normie
>>
>>29171591
>anger issues
A kid in high school threw me out of a 3 story window at a party when he walked in on me and his brother getting nasty. Just one of many events in my formative years that made me take a no holds barred approach
>how did you end up on r9k?
I'm a fag. No I have just been fucking around with message boards since the 90's. 4chan is old, kid
>>
>be 17
>get my first job at a salad bar in a grocery store
>second day on the job
>lady comes to me with a plant asking the price, has nothing but a bar code so direct her to the cashiers because they could scan it and tell her
>the cashier she happened to go to was the manager
>apparently a customer going to a manager is a horrendous thing
>get a call that i'm fired the next day

didn't really care that I got fired, but my parents were SUPER pissed
>>
>>29171736
it is so mind boggling to me that so much of the population is queer yet it's only okay recently, before current times they had to live with some sort of "horrible" secret
>>
>>29171736
You're the exact kind of guy I'd go for.
>>
>>29171990
Funny you say that, a few weeks ago I told a couple of skinny manlets to get a room, they were hardcore making out in the middle of mcdonalds, rubbing their groins and all. They called me a bigot until I showed them my wedding band and a pic of my husband (formerly civil partner). Like you have to be a flaming stereotype to suck cock? Anyways you'll probably notice that the old fogies like me are big guys who lift because if you weren't going to hide when I was a kid you had to be able to fuck people up
>>
>>29171675
This. I'm no Bernie fag, but the shit Walmart gets away with is ridiculous. And the thing is, most people understand that Walmart is a piece of shit company, so they take their anger out on the poor schmucks on the front-lines i.e. the cashiers, customer service reps, stockers, etc. Little do they understand that the people on the front-lines are just as fucking poor as they are, and hate Walmart about five times as much.
>>
>>29172029
Sorry but I am taken. Unless you're 6'0" and in shape and in your late 40's to be close to my age you're probably not my type, anyways, I know twinks like bears but I don't like twinks.
>>
>>29172326
Damn, it's always the good ones.

>tfw no-one to satisfy my queer bear lust and have me call them daddy.
>>
File: pizza man.jpg (97 KB, 690x450) Image search: [Google]
pizza man.jpg
97 KB, 690x450
I worked at a local pizza shop answering phones. Special deal that day, where you buy 1 pizza and get one free. Boss looks over shoulder at the order I am taking and sees lady only ordered 1 pizza, and thinks I did not tell her about the deal. "Tell her there's a buy 1 get 1 free." I tell her again and she says that's too much food. "Tell her your boss will kill you if she doesn't get it." I tell her, "my boss will kill me if you don't take advantage of this deal." He tells me I wasn't actually supposed to say that and to not come back again.
>>
File: 1415603116620.jpg (50 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1415603116620.jpg
50 KB, 453x500
>>29172556
>my boss will kill me if you don't take advantage of this deal
>>
>>29172685

Why do all these places have autistic bosses?
>>
>>29172745
when he introduced dessert to the menu he would tell us to do exactly this: "would you like to try our brand new delicious sweet icing cinnamon sticks?" if customer says no, say "come on, you gotta try them." if they still say no, say "you gotta try them, you're gonna love them." most uncomfortable job ever.
>>
Stole over $22,000 in merchandise from a Best Buy over a period of 4 years.

Boss eventually found out when he caught me lifting a camera one night right before my shift ended. Only reason I didn't get criminal charges is because he was fucking 3 female employees and I threatened to report him to HR and tell all three of them what he was doing. Had to quit but definitely preferable to prison.

Honestly the best job i've ever had.
>>
>>29172880
>Honestly the best job i've ever had.

Then why were you stealing?
>>
>>29173080
isn't that why it was the best job he ever had? because he could steal shit?
>>
>>29171736
>he had sex
leave fucking normie
>>
>>29173080
Aside from the fact that my apartment was fucking amazing I made quite a bit of extra cash selling shit to a few friends.

Wish i'd have been sneakier about it, but I guess all good things must come to an end.
>>
>>29172880
straight fucking G
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.