[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he fell for the STEM meme!!! Shoulda just stuck with burger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: falling for the engineering meme.png (479 KB, 1928x1212) Image search: [Google]
falling for the engineering meme.png
479 KB, 1928x1212
>he fell for the STEM meme!!!

Shoulda just stuck with burger flipping, fellas. ;^)
>>
They do it on purpose. They set these ridiculous requirements and salary offers and when they can't get someone in they run to the government and claim they can't get an American so they need to import a street shitting Indian (who is willing to work for those poverty wages because he doesn't know just how expensive living in a city is).
>>
>>29168465
I don't want a lot of money

I don't dream to be a millionaire

I want easy money with almost no work done
>>
I'm not an engineering major but most of my friends are, one guy is currently doing an internship making $23/hr, one is doing an internship making $19/hr, and another is doing a Co-Op making $27/hr. The rest aren't even trying to get internships until next summer because they dont have to and would rather spend the summer working low stress minimum wage jobs and getting drunk every night.

I'm convinced everyone who ends up taking jobs like the one in the OP are the people who thought just doing STEM meant all the jobs would automatically come to them and they wouldn't have to actually do any work looking for jobs or keeping a respectable GPA.
>>
>>29168465
That's a start up. Start ups are notorious for paying people pennies because they are broke as a company. Usually when they hit it big everyone who was there in the beginning making pennies get a big payday when it takes off.

>be ME
>whore myself out to tech and get internship for 25/hr
>have friend who is smarter than me
>give him a lead thru my professor to a former student looking for interns for his start up
>friend starts at 7.25$/hr
>I literally make 3x more than him that summer
>doesn't really matter since we are both trust fund babies
>fast forward
>I get a full time job when I graduate at a big company. Make 35/hr (still in tech, kill me)
>friend has been working at start up the for almost year at graduation
>start up is some solar panel reflector fluid shit
>about a year later his start up really takes off with lots of customers and investors
>gets 100k cash gift from CEO
>gets 100+k per year at the company

I am mad jealous. I thought I had it made when I got my tech internship. I was happy for my friend the whole time and now I'm ecstatic for him. He deserves what he got. If I was the intern at the start up it would probably be dead.

Start ups are a gamble. He took it just to not go back to Applebee's.
>>
>>29170327
Bingo. Good jobs and good money don't just fall on your lap even if you're in a field full of them.
>>
File: multi core in practice.jpg (178 KB, 558x695) Image search: [Google]
multi core in practice.jpg
178 KB, 558x695
>>29170922
>Start ups are notorious for paying people pennies because they are broke as a company.
Normally they offer equity to compensate though.
>>
>>29168465
you went to JMU huh

i've already hacked your account
>>
Fuck you try librarianship. You need a Master's degree, years of experience, and be bilingual to get a part-time job at $15/hr.
>>
>>29168465
oh sure, one retarded job offer completely smashes the stem maymay
>>
File: why-00046.jpg (30 KB, 514x578) Image search: [Google]
why-00046.jpg
30 KB, 514x578
>tfw make $13 an hour driving forklifts
>college drop out
At least I have no debt.
>>
File: 1462764966493.jpg (346 KB, 1536x1036) Image search: [Google]
1462764966493.jpg
346 KB, 1536x1036
>$30/hr at comfy job
Yeah, and I'm glad I did.
>>
>>29172748
But do you have regret?
>>
>>29173313
I don't think I'm smart enough for college, so not really.
I also always thought that if I could make $30k a year I'd be set for a comfy life. I just need to move out now.
>>
>>29173360
What did you try to study? Were you self loathing and vidya gaming instead of studying?
>>
>>29173568
I was doing community college mathematics. I was having trouble remembering how to reduce fractions properly, so I gave up and dropped out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.