[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is my favorite book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: blood meridian.jpg (204 KB, 821x1000) Image search: [Google]
blood meridian.jpg
204 KB, 821x1000
Blood Meridian.

It completely changed how I thought about the world. I think it's a good book for robots, too. It's got a lot of socially dysfunctional characters.

What are some other good books for robotos?
>>
File: r9k books.jpg (756 KB, 1235x2049) Image search: [Google]
r9k books.jpg
756 KB, 1235x2049
>>29167359

Never read Blood Meridian, guess I will now.

Recently finished a Kafka compilation, including The Metamorphosis, very good.

Now reading all of Houellebecq's books.
>>
>>29167444

Kafka was my favorite author until I discovered Cormac McCarthy.

He just has such a talent at describing the world through a lens of melancholy, misery, and loneliness. But still makes everything seem beautiful in a way.
>>
i had a difficult time reading blood meridian, i didn't understand like half the words in the book

but im a retard so...
>>
>>29167359
It's high noon.

originalo
>>
Good taste anon, Cormac McCarthy is my favorite author. Blood Meridian and No Country are my favorite novels. Stay cool pham.
>>
>>29167539
Everyone has a difficult time reading blood meridian, and anyone who claims otherwise is a liar and a wanna-be intellectual. It's not conventional prose.
>>
>>29167539
>>29167587

OP here. Not gonna lie, I needed to look up some words from the book.

Also there is a tremendous amount of untranslated spanish, in the form of dialogue, so it really helps to read it with some way of Googling at your disposal.

Or you can be bilingual and have a masters in english lit, then you might be able to get through it....

Also, it's one of the most gruesomely violent works of fiction in existence, which might be a selling point for a lot of robots.
>>
>>29167587

"not conventional prose" is one of putting it.

its written in a style thats meant to duplicate the style of the ancient epic poems.

some scholars argue that its best not to view it as a novel, but rather an epic poem, such as the Illiad.
>>
>>29167359
Blood Meridian is one of my favorite books. Some of the parts with the Judge are among the best things I've ever read.

I heard they are making a movie out of it, there is no way they are going to be able to do it justice.

After I read Blood Meridian I was looking for similar stuff, lots of people say Moby Dick is similar so I started reading that. It's good but even harder to get through (I got an annotated copy). I need to pick it up again and finish it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.