[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Normalfag things you hate. I'll start >socks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: 1463856115170.jpg (596 KB, 1203x1077) Image search: [Google]
1463856115170.jpg
596 KB, 1203x1077
ITT: Normalfag things you hate.

I'll start

>socks
>shoes
>underpants
>>
>>29165730
>movies
>music
>online shopping
>>
>>29165730
>cars
>shopping malls
>pants
>>
>>29165812
>>shopping malls

Malls are comfy desu
>>
>social networks
>>
>video games

fbf
>>
>>29165738
How does someone just hate music and movies? There's a ton of them, how can you hate them all?

>>29166287
>tfw 4chan is a social network
>>
File: show.png (349 KB, 1034x553) Image search: [Google]
show.png
349 KB, 1034x553
>>29166323
I was talking about twitter, instagram and all that shit.
>>
>>29165730
>clubs
>most movies
>most music
>drinking
>sex
>>
>canoeing
>asking me to go canoeing
>telling me about how you're going canoeing this weekend
>>
>>29166345
>sex

I don't "dislike" it, but i've gotta say it's overrated as fuck.
>>
>wearing clothes outside
>politics
>social hierarchies
>>
File: hate deflectors.jpg (117 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
hate deflectors.jpg
117 KB, 500x381
> saying things just to comfort people or making them to like you, e.g. compliments, which you know are untrue
> playing consoles
> looking out for "cool special effects" in movies
> trying to be "intellectual" by telling others which books you've read
> not trying to achieve things, because they are valueable in themselves, e.g. self-improvement, but because of getting status symbols like cars, expensive clothing etc.
> actually treating your friends and especially your partner as a status symbol
> letting your actions depend on the opinion of other people/ your popularity
> chatting about the life of other people, because your own life is too boring
>>
>>29166377
It's not worth the effort, years of compulsive masturbation have left me unable to feel jack shit unless I'm using a death grip. Also I don't like having a gf in general, I don't get along well with people and would kill myself if I had to live with a partner/wife.
>>
>>29166266
This. One of the very few places I don't mind there being a lot of people.
>>
>cleaning
>open relationships
>hashtags
>the word "islamophobia"
>opiates
>music on AM/FM radio
>video games
>>
>Trumpcucks
>Berncucks
>Hillarycucks
>Liberals
>Conservatives
>Politics in general
>>
The fucking music. Not even dubstep or Neutral Milk Hotel or Death Grips or whatever popular now. I actually like that.

I mean this. You've heard it in ads for sure:
>chimes
>ukelele
>"doot-doo-doo, doot-doo-doo~"
>*benign, whispery, breathy fucking lyrics about some hackneyed shit*
>clapping for percussion
>fucking WHISTLING

For actual song examples, see:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nzIdU0Z140

This shit is sonic hell for me. I've seriously considered suicide over the possibility that it will proliferate and I will be exposed to it every day. I'm fucking sick of it. I cannot express my hatred for it enough. Even the word "quirky" in that video's title made me inordinately angry. I cannot possibly express my disgust, blinding, white-hot anger, fear, confusion, disruption of reason, and sheer fucking pain when I hear this shit.

Also, this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX0a3qvijWI

I never thought that accompanying music could make me hate the image of a happy child standing in front of a rainbow so much. I hate this kind of music, I hate everything associated with it, I hate what it stands for and what it's used to deliver-everything. I FUCKING HATE IT. HATE, HATE, HATE.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Every fucking advertisement and every shithead making youtube videos has it now. THIS SHIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ2pQ3iDsnU

It's enough to make me want to grab people by their heads, find the nearest sharp corner, and crack their skulls open against them like fucking eggs by slamming them repeatedly into it.
>>
>>29166567
>You know exactly what I'm talking about. Every fucking advertisement and every shithead making youtube videos has it now.

I do, anon. A-and I love you for this one, anon, I really do.

>This shit is sonic hell for me.

Don't want to get all illuminati about it, but I think this music is the most brainwashing shit you can experience out there. There must be a reason why it's used mostly in ads etc.

With this kind of "music" freedom dies.
>>
>>29166485
>>opiates

Well that was unexpected. What's wrong with opiates, aside from the obvious shit like addiction? They feel pretty damn good dude.
>>
>>29166914
>Don't want to get all illuminati about it, but I think this music is the most brainwashing shit you can experience out there.

There's nothing "illuminati" about it. Music penetrates directly to your soul. It makes you feel things without needing a context.

And that fucking music sends me into a murderous rage. I don't even know how to describe it. I'm normally a rational and very loving person. I'm literally (and I do not misuse the word "literally") the sort of person who goes to lunch with and hugs people who have tried on multiple occasions to murder him. I'm the sort of person who would gladly take a bite from a black widow spider in order to not squash it while removing it safely from his room, and to be removing it not for his own sake, but so that somebody else won't hurt it.

Something about this kind of music turns me into the opposite of that. If Adolf Hitler were somehow able to convey to me that Jews made him feel the same way that this music makes me feel, I would row him to Argentina myself.

What do you even call this crap, anyway? Is there a word for this style of music?
>>
>>29166323
>How does someone just hate music and movies?
>>>/tv/.
/mu/ at the very least like a few artists
>>
>>29167245
>>29166914
>>29166567
THIS GUY. This fucking asshole! This singular fucking song is the archetypal example of what I'm talking about and of everything I hate. It's every sound that makes me want to rip my goddamned ears off all bundled into one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd2ZZOdtPR8

Seriously, I want to know what this style of music is called so that I can specifically ask people in my life not to play it. And I want to know if I can hold this guy personally responsible for it becoming so damned popular in ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd2ZZOdtPR8
>>
>>29165730
>goals
>jobs
>friends
>relationships
>personal growth
>>
File: 1449548369114.gif (983 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1449548369114.gif
983 KB, 640x360
>>29165730
>movies
>shows
>schools
>universities
>women
>clubs
>alcohol
>drugs
>cigarettes
>/b/ and /v/
>jobs
>friends
>sun
>beaches
>dogs
>shopping
>coffee
>coffee shops
>fast food
>soda
>dancing
>leaving your room
fuck all these things and fuck anyone who does it
>>
>>29165730
>irony
>normiefrog
>r9k
>>
>>29165730
Alcohol
Visitors
Football
>>
>>29165738
I agree with movies
>>
File: picard-ears.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
picard-ears.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>29167245

>Music penetrates directly to your soul. It makes you feel things without needing a context.

Yeah, you're right. But it is used on such a wide scale, that I sometimes feel like there are a bunch of people who literally want us either to adjust our minds to this music or to kill ourselves.

>What do you even call this crap, anyway? Is there a word for this style of music?

There is no word capable to express "it". "It"'s supposed to be "feeling-good-sounds" or something like that.
The time "Happy" by Pharrell Williams - I hate myself for even mentioning this, feel free to hate me please... - was played everywhere (supermarkets, radiostations, youtube-videos etc.) I got really suicidal.. it was not only the music, but also the reaction of people liking it... digging it... synchronizing with it...
worst nightmare.
>>
>shoes
>big stores
>clubs
>cinema
>consoles that are newer than the PS2
>cleaning
>unironic hashtags
>every word that has ''phobia'' in it
>radio
>politics
>life goals
>sun
>coffee
>not being open about every topic
>>
>>29166567
THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE.

This is the pure fucking essence normalfaggotry, distilled.

You want appeal to normalfags? Here's what your commercial needs to sound like!
>>
'social media'

My overall happiness in life has always been in exact, inverse parallel to how often I hear this cancerous term.
>>
>>29168141
>The time "Happy" by Pharrell Williams - I hate myself for even mentioning this, feel free to hate me please... - was played everywhere (supermarkets, radiostations, youtube-videos etc.)

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

>it was not only the music, but also the reaction of people liking it... digging it... synchronizing with it...
>worst nightmare

Fucking THIS. I believe firmly that you can judge a person's soul based on music. Dead-fucking serious. I'll dump a bitch over that. Major red flag. Not that she has to have matching tastes, but if she has a dealbreaker.

No joke. I believe strongly in vibes and in...whatever it is you were describing above with the synchronizing thing. It's a perfectly good indicator of what frequency a person is on or gravitates towards being on. People wouldn't bond over it otherwise. Subcultures and stereotypes wouldn't form around musical scenes otherwise.

And this shit? It's the vibe of everything I hate. I have no doubt in my mind that I would dislike LP as a person, and that she's self-centered and compulsive and obnoxious and just doesn't give a fuck about anybody, but thinks it's fine because of being superficially benign.

Fuck, I hate this music.
>>29168326
Glad I'm not the only one who has a seething hatred for this shit.
>>
File: 1449353424165.jpg (74 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
1449353424165.jpg
74 KB, 500x493
>>29165730
> finding your life purpose
> finding what "to do" with your life
fuck off normies. you cant DO ANYTHING with your fucking life. you mean nothing and will die a nothing like everyone else.

> having kids
> pretending having kids is some noble thing or accomplishment
forcing more shitty people like you into this suffering, for which we know there is absolutely no point at all. pretending you're a saint because you fucked chad at a party unprotected. pretending having kids isn't the most selfish decision you can ever make, then "raising" them isn't the most malicious and manipulative act of slavery around

> optimism bias of people without depression
fuck off. none of it is true and its painfully easy to disprove. i dont want to hear your cognitive dissonance lead platitudes
> motivational pictures
> instagram
> guys bragging about getting action from "hot girls" then showing you pictures
> bragging in general
> the entire social status game
> pretending you "earned" everything and are in complete control of your life
> self help

..etc
>>
>>29167660
>dogs
Fuck you. I have no friends and don't want to be alone
>>
>>29168521
Favorite post ITT with best pic to go along with it
>>
>>29168537
If you have a dog, you have a friend. I'm willing to say that, even if they're not human. A dog is more genuine and loyal and loving than 90% of the people out there who claim to be your "friend."

>That's only because you feed it!
And that doesn't apply to human friends in some metaphorical sense?

>But you can't have a conversation with a dog!
I know what she's saying, and she knows what I'm saying. Maybe not in a nuanced fashion, but we can convey what counts. We're well-past the point where we can communicate nonverbally. I've only had that happen with my best friend and with my siblings IRL.

>The dog isn't smart enough to communicate or have feelings, you're projecting onto the dog, blah blah blah...

Not everybody is dumb to the language of animals.

Dogs for the fucking WIN. Any robot who can bond with a pet should have one.
>>
>>29168650
>IRL

Fuck. I meant "among my human friends." I've been up late talking to myself and being depressed. You know what I mean.
>>
>>29168650
>A dog is more genuine and loyal and loving than 90% of the people out there who claim to be your "friend."

After being conditioned to behave that way for centuries for the sake of its own survival, maximum ez mode.

Cats are best because if they like you it's because you don't piss them off.
>>
>>29168691
>After being conditioned to behave that way for centuries for the sake of its own survival, maximum ez mode.

So? Even in humans, any positive or negative trait somebody has is the direct result of anatomical and electrochemical factors, which are the results of evolution, which is for the "sake" (there is no "sake" or purpose to anything) of survival.

Doesn't make the love or the loyalty any less real or comforting.
>>
>>29168781
I get you, but still if I had a dog I would envision it running free and having fun in a natural environment full of other doggo family and friends instead of sitting here trying to comfort my sorry ass.

Feels like a life it could have had was stolen from it by the force the direct manipulations of my ancestors, regardless of whether or not the way it is now is genuine. It may be real but I can't see it as fully volitional.

You could go down the train of thought I think you're going down and extend that to just about anything, in which case I would agree, and all circumstances would technically be slavery. Hence why the world is gay, friendly dogs or no.
>>
File: nothing.jpg (23 KB, 554x368) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
23 KB, 554x368
>>29168482

>AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Again, I'm so sorry for mentioning this particular song!! But it has to be for clarification purposes.

I can listen to the very same song all day long - I mean literally. But listening to "this" type of thing only once makes me feel sick - again literally.

Many times I have to think about that new age philosophy kind of stuff, when I am forced to hear "this". It's a pathetic you-can-accomplish-anything-by-wishing-very-very-hard (see pic) or "think-about-it-and-it-will-automatically-manifest". It's a pain in the ass, such a pain in the ass, literally a pain in the ass, it gives me hemorrhoids. And the ""music"" we're talking about is expressing the same mindsetting, but expressed differently. It also goes hand in hand with consumerism.
Seriously, if whole mankind at some point in the future will synchronize with "this", I hope that something will destroy the homo sapiens. You could hardly call such creatures human beings anymore.
>>
>Emojis
>>
>dogs
>facebook
>twitter

My mom has a dog and it's really annoying and gross.
>>
>>29168852
Also I think if dogs were more intelligent they wouldn't fall for the ruse cruise that is the "friendship" we offer them.

Pets are easy to get along with because they're dumbasses and they can't see your flaws like a human can. Cats approach being able to do this but still can't, really.
>>
>>29168875
>he hates man's best friend
kill yourself honestly
>>
File: tqhBshU.jpg (180 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
tqhBshU.jpg
180 KB, 1080x1080
Anti intellectualism.

Fuck. It's OK for a book or movie to be more than skin deep.

You're not gonna be fucking crucified for watching something that isn't Breaking Bad or the newest Marvel film.

Speaking of which, why is it suddenly OK to enjoy high fantasy. Normie's are fucking obsessed with Game of Thrones, but there are the same people who would shit on you in highschool for reading fantasy paperbacks during lunch.
>>
>>29168908
>man's best friend
>not a cat
>>
>>29168852
>>29168889

Dogs are domesticated. They'll seek out masters of their own volition if they're chucked out onto the street. And for our part, humans have the tendency to seek out dogs if we lose our old one. I don't think human concepts like slavery and judgement apply with dogs. Not that there can't be asshole dogs, but you know what I mean.

You feel bad about doggos being treated badly by people? Trash a puppy mill. No, seriously. I advocate that.

And I'd say that the lifestyle masters subject their dogs to is only divorced from what dogs ought ("ought") to be because humans themselves are divorced from our equivalent to that. We cage ourselves.
>>
>>29168858
I think I love you, man. Never spoken to anybody who understands my hatred of this music and what it conveys so well.
>>
>>29168986

>I think I love you, man.

Thanks, I love you, too.

>Never spoken to anybody who understands my hatred of this music and what it conveys so well.

Well, 99% of people have pleb taste. It's like almost everybody agreed to celebrate some kind of ... I wouldn't call it "madness", but...
lunacy.
>>
>>29166567
This shit makes my blood boil. It's in every commercial and every YouTube video
>>
>>29168986
Something important I forgot to say here (>>29169058):
People who synchronize with this hellish "sounds" are internally dead. I still think they have a soul, but like it's not living anymore. They have a soul like a corpse has a body. They don't feel anymore. They only reason, why they're still alive, is their purely superficial "happiness", that doesn't at any point deserve its name. It's all show, no passion. That's why it's not to be called "music".
>>
>social media (specially twitter)
>constant selfies
>movies (specially superhero movies)
>low-brow humor (fart jokes, gay jokes, sex jokes,"that's what she said" jokes)
>internet memes
>sports (except boxing)
>fiction books, non-graphic novels
>marriage
>dating
>families
>parties
>>
>>29168964
>They'll seek out masters of their own volition if they're chucked out onto the street
Which is a pathetic behavior, but if you see patheticness as something to strive towards then I guess I could see how you think that's ideal.

>I don't think human concepts like slavery and judgement apply with dogs
Because they're too idiotic to see it happening. Too used to being kept on leashes to see it as anything but normal, not self-aware enough to realize their dignity is being sacrificed. They might be happy with it, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

>And I'd say that the lifestyle masters subject their dogs to is only divorced from what dogs ought ("ought") to be because humans themselves are divorced from our equivalent to that. We cage ourselves.
This is definitely true, but even if this weren't the case you'd be swapping out a physical cage for a psychological one.
>>
>>29166567
This entire post gave me a high pitched squeal of a laugh

I actually have to put my headphones on when I hear this shit.

That's not to say that a lot of my music doesn't exist to evoke false hope- in fact a lot of it exists, to me, for specifically that purpose, but this shit is just so impersonal and brainless

It evokes an image of sweatshop workers in china pretending to be happy christmas elves to please their masters
>>
>>29166567

Are you me?

Because I also share you seething hatred for this type of artificial cheeriness pandering to the post-hipster generation. Specially the ukuleles. WTF is it with ironic beta nu-male bitches and ukuleles? Why are they trying so hard to be quirky and cute?

And fucking bright white backgrounds everywhere? Every website and commercial that panders to geeky college hipster nu-males has fucking sketchy notebook art and bright cheery backgrounds.

Like instructables.com. I wish I could find another similar DIY site that's not so beta-designed like that one.
>>
>>29166567
oh my god this so much, how far up your own fucking ass would you have to be to enjoy this shit

I remember my chemistry professor would play this gem EVERY SINGLE MORNING before class.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutzv7JjX7k
holy shit I want to murder everybody involved with this song, are you fucking kidding me

this music is like literally my antithesis
>>
>>29169444
>buttons are huge and multicolored like they exist to grasp the attention of a child and not to be used efficiently
>substitution of formal language that actually describes something to vague casual language that "feels friendly", especially with error messages and the like
>that fucking animated squiggly line shit (I think this is the sketchy notebook art you describe), like where they'll draw thought clouds filled with rockets and other things to describe someone who's "innovating", and it gyrates frame by frame to make it seem more "active"
>references to social media everywhere, advertisements aren't as self-contained anymore
>pandering only to the exceptionally socially active and creating an almost insidiously dogmatic pro-social undertone that sets the whole thing

STOP PRETENDING WE'RE FRIENDS, STOP PRETENDING THIS IS A UTOPIA. YOU ARE TRYING TO EXTRACT RESOURCES FROM ME IN EXCHANGE FOR A SERVICE, FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.
>>
>>29166323
anonymous boards cannot be considered a form of social media whatsoever. its more comparable to being schitzo
>>
>>29166567
Fuck, I am now aware of something that pisses me off I hadn't even noticed before
>>
>>29166506
>the "I don't care about politics" meme.
>>
File: 1465445146781.png (397 KB, 535x456) Image search: [Google]
1465445146781.png
397 KB, 535x456
>pop music
>videogames
>movies that are over 2 hours
>alcohol
>tumblr, instagram, facebook etc.
>clubs
>having a happy and enjoyable life
>>
File: 1465490304161-0.png (157 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1465490304161-0.png
157 KB, 350x350
>>29165730
>roads
>buildings
>infrastructure
>language
>farming
>ships/planes/automobiles
>technology
>nations/states
>abstract thought
>self-awareness
>>
>>29166567
I dug all those beats. Being angry is not healthy.
>>
>>29169058
Oh the amount of pretentious in this post gave me cancer
>>
>>29169834
I like a happy beat as much as the next guy but those are so commercial, overly happy and fake

I think you are autistic my friend
>>
>>29169907
Im autistic cause something sounds appealing? I dont care about its message or what it intends to convey, its a catchy beat. I think youre lying to yourself because you feel as though you're supposed to be "this way" and not accept anything that goes against "that way"
>>
>>29169655

believe it or not some people don't give a fuck. In my case I feel like my vote won't make a difference in a world by easily manipulated pleb-monkeys.

another thing I'd like to add that makes me wanna stab someone's face is how people think you support Hillary if you don't support Trump or vice-versa. I fucking hate both and people keeping spamming this shit-posting that "hurdur anti-trump people are cucks" or "hurudur anti-hillary people are racist, misogynist man-babies".

Or how they think I'm shilling or manipulating idiots on this board when I'm just giving an opinion. I don't like voting. If you want to vote for whoever fine, but I don't want to. Deal with it.
>>
>>29166567
I can only agree so much. Advertisement is an affront to all intelligent human beings.
>>
>>29165730
>That feeling as a pair of boxers comfortably cradle your balls and ass

How can anyone hate this?
>>
>>29169151
Not the same anon, but what would you rank most genres? I'm sure that pop music would be pretty low.
>>
>binge watching shows on Netflix
>live-action tv in general
>sports and sports culture
>gossiping about other people's lives
>politics in general
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.